A shot at the Sweet 16: GDT Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sweet 16 GDT: Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

Monumental upset? They lost to a team that was essentially ranked 27th in both polls. Talk about over reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      It is part of the village idiot job description. Jackrabbits win!!
      This is very funny.

Comment

Why do I not have SDSU press conference videos yet???
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Why do I not have SDSU press conference videos yet???
          Not on Zimmer or Youtube yet. In the morning for me.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Re: A shot at the Sweet 16: GDT Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
            Paiton has very advanced footwork and is just so skilled close to the rim. To be frank, I have doubted her all year to some degree because of her size, but I can't deny what she did tonight. There were a couple plays tonight where I finally accepted that she is going to be productive as an undersized big and have a highly successful career in blue. She couldn't have played much better tonight.
            Maybe it's just me but I totally see a shannon schlagel when she is in the post. Effective, good moves Nd get the ball through the hoop at a high rate. As someone else mentioned I understand the ellie comparison since ellie did a lot of great things and good moves in the post but missed more bunnies then you would expect. Burchard seems to have the ability to finish. The all time greats who could finish down low to me were schlagel Maria boever and warkenthien.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Maybe it's just me but I totally see a shannon schlagel when she is in the post. Effective, good moves Nd get the ball through the hoop at a high rate. As someone else mentioned I understand the ellie comparison since ellie did a lot of great things and good moves in the post but missed more bunnies then you would expect. Burchard seems to have the ability to finish. The all time greats who could finish down low to me were schlagel Maria boever and warkenthien.
              Agreed. But all those girls could shoot the 3. PB seems very reluctant to do that. Hopefully that's something she can add to her arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                "Historic upset"... Lol, alright... a 5.5 point underdog winning a game isn't historical by any means. Between this headline and other comments in the article, the coach's comment, and their "motivational material", it's clear that Syracuse didn't take us seriously. They act like they got beat by a 16 seed instead of a 6 seed. Almost like they were thinking "you're a 6 seed and you're good, but you're still a mid major, so there's absolutely no way you beat us. We're effin Syracuse". Clearly arrogance, which is funny considering there are only a handful of teams in women's basketball that have the right to be that arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  Agreed. But all those girls could shoot the 3. PB seems very reluctant to do that. Hopefully that's something she can add to her arsenal.
                  She's a true freshman relying on what she is comfortable doing. I'm sure as she continues in the program she will add a number of things to the tool box
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F43qF4R7Ggs
                    Jackrabbit postgame
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      "Historic upset"... Lol, alright... a 5.5 point underdog winning a game isn't historical by any means. Between this headline and other comments in the article, the coach's comment, and their "motivational material", it's clear that Syracuse didn't take us seriously. They act like they got beat by a 16 seed instead of a 6 seed. Almost like they were thinking "you're a 6 seed and you're good, but you're still a mid major, so there's absolutely no way you beat us. We're effin Syracuse". Clearly arrogance, which is funny considering there are only a handful of teams in women's basketball that have the right to be that arrogant.
                      I find it funny too. It's historic in the fact we've never been to the sweet 16 but I'm not even sure I really consider this an upset. Maybe in the literal sense in that we were betting dogs, but I believe this team is easily a top 20 team in the nation. Put that way is beating the #12 team that surprising? No way.

Syracuse acts like we had to hit 25 threes to win this one. We didn't play our best and we still won by 11.

I should add, I think their coach understands how good we are.

Comment

Bracketologist, Charlie Creme, writes a story that Syracuse was ripe to be beaten. Their coach tries to use it as fodder to fire up his team. Fails. Then coach goes into a press conference and says he/they were disrespected. Good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                          Bracketologist, Charlie Creme, writes a story that Syracuse was ripe to be beaten. Their coach tries to use it as fodder to fire up his team. Fails. Then coach goes into a press conference and says he/they were disrespected. Good grief.
                          With the way that the recap was written, I think that it was more a shot at the local media. I wonder what kind of press they have gotten all year?
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            She's a true freshman relying on what she is comfortable doing. I'm sure as she continues in the program she will add a number of things to the tool box
                            If should could develop a consistent mid-range jumper, she'd be unstoppable. Very impressive game last night!

Comment

https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketbal...e-second-round

Cracks me up. Gay-Bert for 3........

Great effort last night. The Rabbits made all the winning plays down the stretch. When Madison’s three bounced in it just felt like it was their time. More work to do ladies. Dream Big!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                                Enjoy this one, I sure am. We have reached the pinnacle of mid major basketball. Everything else is just gravy from here. Just a complete game and totally outcoached them as many have said. Seems that some of these coaches at P5 just rely on talented players and don't have the in game savvy that elite mid major coaches have to develop. They were done after Madi hit those two threes, and the coach had no feel for how to get them back into it. I don't think this was a huge upset at all if you see it like that.

Seems that Madi doesnt always get her due after these big games but man is she a gamer. She's always hitting big shots in big spots in big games and always plays great defense. We are going to miss her as much as Macy next year IMO.

The ride is not over yet and next weekend will be just as fun to watch. Never know when we will ever get to experience another one of these
                                What’s the old saying? “It’s not about the X’s and O’s. It’s about the Jimmy’s & Joe’s.” I believe this to be true at all levels of sports. Good players make good coaches. Great players make great coaches. To the Orange’s surprise SDSU’s “Jimmy’s & Joe’s” we’re better than their’s. If you would’ve put Syracuse’s uniforms on SDSU last night and vice versa. No one would be calling this an upset.

For the record AJ also has a great game last night.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X