Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A shot at the Sweet 16: GDT Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
    She will be good. I still am amazed at her ability to make the shots like she does. It kinda goes to a TJ thing, we rode Tagyn hard all year, now, bam, we ride Paiton? Its all good
    It certainly is all good. We have a spoil of riches when it comes to talent.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I don't think it's accurate to say Macy had an off game. The defense keyed on her, and other Jacks stepped up. That's how good teams play. And the Jacks were very good tonight. Way to go! Another huge step forward in D-1 for SDSU.
      This space for lease.

Comment

• Re: Sweet 16 GDT: Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

First key defensive adjustment of the game for us was to stop switching on the pick and roll. These P5 bigs are just too much for our guards to handle down low.

i felt like Myah was the star of this game. Seemed like every time we needed a score or a rebound she was making it. She was also the one player that looked ready to attack the Syracuse zone.

And how huge was Payton?! That move she put on their post was epic! And she held her ground on the defensive end. Very impressed by how efficient she was in 2 games on the biggest stage.

What a win! What a great season!! Way to go Jacks!

Comment

Syracuse press conference. Hard to describe. It was bit awkward of a press conference. You can tell they were stunned they got beat.
          https://youtu.be/H5d30wgXl1M

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I don't think it's accurate to say Macy had an off game. The defense keyed on her, and other Jacks stepped up. That's how good teams play. And the Jacks were very good tonight. Way to go! Another huge step forward in D-1 for SDSU.
            By her standards she had an off game, that is not a slight to Macy. It is more a testament to what she has done all season. I think that we all knew that SU was going to focus on shutting her down, and the production of the rest of the team showed they were ready for the challenge.

I just don't know if I have seen this team play as complete game as they did tonight. They fought back a couple times and really took it to SU. Had the Orange not had that 8-0 run to start the 4th, the Jacks would have ran them out of the gym
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Zimmer talked like the Syracuse coach was a little pissed that some picked us to win. Am I the only one who doesn’t feel like this wasn’t an upset?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Syracuse press conference. Hard to describe. It was bit awkward of a press conference. You can tell they were stunned they got beat.
                https://youtu.be/H5d30wgXl1M
                Just watched that, too. Very awkward presser. Quentin was very complimentary of SDSU, but as Zimmer mentioned, the opening comment about being disrespected was really strange. I think he kind of got lost in his thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Your cup is running over.
                  It is part of the village idiot job description. Jackrabbits win!!
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    First game since 2006 Syracuse has lost to a non power 5 team in the Carrier Dome.
                    A terrific stat. It would be fun to get a home and home scheduled with them. They'd be a great team to get in the Frost and I guess it'd be fun to go back to the concrete garbage can that is the Carrier Dome and win again

Comment

So very impressed. Every fire was put out with such composure. The bell was answered every time. Cool, calm, collected. An accomplishment those women can be proud of for a lifetime. And who's to say they are done? In a game of runs, we found the last one. So many players chipped in. Earned and deserved. Earned and deserved. It's a really, really fine accomplishment. Maddie has some ice water in those veins. Again, just manifestly impressed with this group and the coaches.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        She seemed to be the more aggressive player tonight. She also might be a little quicker that Larson.
                        Paiton has very advanced footwork and is just so skilled close to the rim. To be frank, I have doubted her all year to some degree because of her size, but I can't deny what she did tonight. There were a couple plays tonight where I finally accepted that she is going to be productive as an undersized big and have a highly successful career in blue. She couldn't have played much better tonight.

Comment

Macy for as quiet as she was still had a double double 11 pts 10 reb. Jacks had more rebounds 9 31 for 40 to 8 24 for 32, steals 7 to 6, assist 21 to 12.

Comment

Enjoy this one, I sure am. We have reached the pinnacle of mid major basketball. Everything else is just gravy from here. Just a complete game and totally outcoached them as many have said. Seems that some of these coaches at P5 just rely on talented players and don't have the in game savvy that elite mid major coaches have to develop. They were done after Madi hit those two threes, and the coach had no feel for how to get them back into it. I don't think this was a huge upset at all if you see it like that.

Seems that Madi doesnt always get her due after these big games but man is she a gamer. She's always hitting big shots in big spots in big games and always plays great defense. We are going to miss her as much as Macy next year IMO.

The ride is not over yet and next weekend will be just as fun to watch. Never know when we will ever get to experience another one of these

Comment

http://dailyorange.com/2019/03/no-3-...-dakota-state/
                              upset they say

http://dailyorange.com/2019/03/no-3-...-dakota-state/
                              espn line

https://www.syracuse.com/poststandar...source=twitter
                              Orange done
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Love this! https://twitter.com/UAbasketball/sta...53174580342785

Comment

Working...
                                X