A shot at the Sweet 16: GDT Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweet 16 GDT: Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

Definitely going to take a great effort to beat a good Syracuse team on their home floor.

But this team has shown they are capable of a great effort.

I hate to quote Bill Bilichick but just "Do your job". The ladies didn't get to this point by freak luck or chance... they deserve to be here. Go get it.

Comment

Man the clock is slooooooooooooooooowwwwww this afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        Man the clock is slooooooooooooooooowwwwww this afternoon!
        I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling this way. Big opportunity tonight. Syracuse is talented but so are we. Hoping our shots fall as it’ll be a high scoring contest. Rims seemed to be tight on Saturday. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
          I’m glad I’m not the only one feeling this way. Big opportunity tonight. Syracuse is talented but so are we. Hoping our shots fall as it’ll be a high scoring contest. Rims seemed to be tight on Saturday. Go Jacks!
          The media did their best in trying to promote this game as some sort of 3 pt shooting contest, it's a part, sure,but both teams are more than just that.With all their bravado Syracuse is showing, I think they're more worried than they're showing. Fordham looked the better team in the first quarter in that game, but like most mid-majors, couldn't keep it going, that and Syracuse started pressing in earnest and their shooting improved, and they took control. Besides , they lost to Minn, so that gives me encouragement, sorry Minny fans (they had a pretty good year, ranked once I think?).Two prolific scoring seniors and Syd playing their last season is another good reason to feel good about the game.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-25-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            The media did their best in trying to promote this game as some sort of 3 pt shooting contest, it's a part, sure,but both teams are more than just that.With all their bravado Syracuse is showing, I think they're more worried than they're showing.
            I think that they are just a team that has a lot of confidence. Just like when Madison said "bring it on" in the press conference. These two teams know that they are talented and they both think they are the better team. It is so much better than those boring quotes you hear other places.

On another note, I think that we could see some big rebounding numbers by our guards. The opportunity for second chance points against a zone are pretty good. If the ladies can stay aggressive on the offensive glass, that could be a difference maker.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              I think that they are just a team that has a lot of confidence. Just like when Madison said "bring it on" in the press conference. These two teams know that they are talented and they both think they are the better team. It is so much better than those boring quotes you hear other places.

On another note, I think that we could see some big rebounding numbers by our guards. The opportunity for second chance points against a zone are pretty good. If the ladies can stay aggressive on the offensive glass, that could be a difference maker.
              To be honest, teams that don't have that kind of attitude probably are no longer playing.

Comment

Craig Mattick said on KWSN that winning the WNIT is a greater feat than reaching the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament. That's when I turned off KWSN.

Winning the rebounding battle may determine the game tonight, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                  Craig Mattick said on KWSN that winning the WNIT is a greater feat than reaching the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament. That's when I turned off KWSN.

Goodness. Here I thought we finally would be done this year with the illogical WNIT vs NCAA debate since both South Dakota teams were in the tourney.

Comment

Oh my god is that dumb. Like all time dumb.

I'll bet neither USD nor SDSU would rather have played in the WNIT.

Comment

I don't know how you can call yourself a sports reporter and actually say something like this on air.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        I don't know how you can call yourself a sports reporter and actually say something like this on air.
                        All they care about is reactions. Everyone knows that the goal is to play for a national championship and there is only one tournament that bestows that crown.

Sports journalism, especially in TV and talk radio, has devolved into the "hot take" mentality. If I want real journalism I will get my info from Zimmer or Haenchen.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Does this guy support 14 SD HS football divisions?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            All they care about is reactions. Everyone knows that the goal is to play for a national championship and there is only one tournament that bestows that crown.

Sports journalism, especially in TV and talk radio, has devolved into the "hot take" mentality. If I want real journalism I will get my info from Zimmer or Haenchen.
                            Mattick's rationale is that he only thinks championships matter. Even the WNIT, which I guess is a championship? He even cited Augie's D2 MBB and D2 baseball championship as being higher than a potential Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament.

But yeah it's all about hot takes unfortunately.

Comment

Oof.... I agree he’s just trying to stir up a response. That’s just part of the job.

In truth, the Sweet 16 is pretty much the Holy Grail for a mid-major WBB team. The home court aspect plus the normal canyon of difference in talent between the 1-seeds and everyone else make it about impossible to ever get farther. It’s very different than the men’s tournament.

Hopefully we’ll be celebrating finally getting there in about four hours.

Comment

As far as Mattick goes, "Better to remain (kinda) silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

Comment

Working...
                                X