Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sweet 16 GDT: Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Craig Mattick said on KWSN that winning the WNIT is a greater feat than reaching the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament. That's when I turned off KWSN. ...
    Winning the WNIT was a very good accomplishment, one USD can be proud of. But come on, the goal of most college teams is not to beat the 80th or 90th best team in the nation. It's to play and beat the best teams at their level. Some major colleges don't even want to play in the WNIT or NIT. It's the NCAA or nothing.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Oof.... I agree he’s just trying to stir up a response. That’s just part of the job.

In truth, the Sweet 16 is pretty much the Holy Grail for a mid-major WBB team. The home court aspect plus the normal canyon of difference in talent between the 1-seeds and everyone else make it about impossible to ever get farther. It’s very different than the men’s tournament.

Hopefully we’ll be celebrating finally getting there in about four hours.
      Well, maybe the team and coaches shouldn't go on the show until they win a WNIT title.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Winning the WNIT was a very good accomplishment, one USD can be proud of. But come on, the goal of most college teams is not to beat the 80th or 90th best team in the nation. It's to play and beat the best teams at their level. Some major colleges don't even want to play in the WNIT or NIT. It's the NCAA or nothing.
        It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if a player as a graduate looking back on their career said yeah, I’m glad I got to win the Xxxx tourney as a underclassman and experience the excitement of being crowned champions. Assuming then, that they had their chance to experience the Big Dance as many times as possible after that. JMO.

Comment

Craig Mattick said on KWSN that winning the WNIT is a greater feat than reaching the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament. That's when I turned off KWSN.

Winning the rebounding battle may determine the game tonight, IMO.

Winning the WNIT is 65th place.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            Winning the WNIT is 65th place.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if a player as a graduate looking back on their career said yeah, I’m glad I got to win the Xxxx tourney as a underclassman and experience the excitement of being crowned champions. Assuming then, that they had their chance to experience the Big Dance as many times as possible after that. JMO.
              What he also isn't factoring in is the history of the accomplishment. Sure, winning the WNIT is a great accomplishment. But being the first class to ever make the Sweet 16 tops that IMO. Look at how we look at that team that won the first-ever NCAA game, even though the team has won other games in the tournament those women are on a different level.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                What he also isn't factoring in is the history of the accomplishment. Sure, winning the WNIT is a great accomplishment. But being the first class to ever make the Sweet 16 tops that IMO. Look at how we look at that team that won the first-ever NCAA game, even though the team has won other games in the tournament those women are on a different level.
                Sure, it's all about perspective. When I competed for SDSU on the Livestock Judging Team we went to a couple of smaller competitions instead of the bigger ones. Lack of money for travel was some of the factor, but we went to those couple where they had the setup where we excelled at. I don't regret one thing, it was the whole experience looking back. JMPO

Comment

Really wish Macy could play all 40 minutes.

Comment

not bad 1st qtr....few bad

Comment

Really wish Macy could play all 40 minutes.
                      If she can get some rest here and there and the team can hang with Syracuse I'm all for it. A rested Macy in the 4th is our best offense

Comment

Re: A shot at the Sweet 16: GDT Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

After 1st qtr, Jacks 20, Cuse 23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: A shot at the Sweet 16: GDT Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

Tied in Rebs,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If she can get some rest here and there and the team can hang with Syracuse I'm all for it. A rested Macy in the 4th is our best offense
                            First quarter on foreign turf. Collet ourselves, make adjustments. We could be fine.

Comment

Oh I get that for sure! Long game but Jacks had a couple tough possessions without her

Comment

The zone is killing us right now. Macy needs to be more aggressive offensively.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X