A shot at the Sweet 16: GDT Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A shot at the Sweet 16: GDT Jackrabbits vs Orange @ Carrier Dome

The Jacks have shown they can play with Baylor and Oregon, so there shouldn't be any fear on our end going into the game.

With the emergence of PB and improvement of Irwin, we are an even better team now than we were when we played them in non-conference.

May as well keep winning some games and shock the world!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
      https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketbal...e-second-round

Cracks me up. Gay-Bert for 3........

Great effort last night. The Rabbits made all the winning plays down the stretch. When Madison’s three bounced in it just felt like it was their time. More work to do ladies. Dream Big!

Go Rabbits!
      That 30 second stretch with under 4 to go was the dagger. Guebert hit a three, Selland completely stuffed a Syracuse shot with both hands and Madi came down and hit the three that bounced high and settled back in. That completely took the wind out of the Orange sail.

Comment

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...er/3274856002/
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel
          I'm facinated by the fact the color guy and gal revealed the fact that PB's grandfather is none other than Phil Jackson. I never knew this, if it was mentioned before then I missed it. THE Phil Jackson from ND, fantastic college player, NBA player, probably known best as the infamous coach of the LA Lakers. That's very good basketball genes she comes from, no wonder she's so tough. Our History teacher and Coach in HS, Mel Klein, you old timers probably know of him, he coached Agustana to a rare men's basketball NCC Conference title, pretty good baskeball player himself at Northern, always had high praise for Phil Jackson, it was Mr Klein who familiarized me with the name of Phil Jackson. Klein also praised other players too, most notably the Thomas brothers from Alexandria ,(Dave played for Onida).History class was my favorite class, especially basketball history.
          I thought they said her grandfather played with Phil Jackson at UND.

Comment

I would say Baylor in 2008-09 and most recently Stanford in 2015 (?) would be characterized as Cinderella teams rather than us, they are the ones who had their "fairy god mothers" looking out for them and barely survived, and certainly, with all the success we've had in our short D1 history beating ranked teams, and after the great year we had prior to coming into the Tournament, we are no "Cinderella" team.We've left that distinction far behind us. Someone just wants to sell newspapers or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd View Post
              You are right, my hearing isn't the best anymore, my apologies I heard wrong and misinformed.She does come from good basketball genes though,got that part right, now that I recollect correctly, it has been discussed previously her Mom and Dad both played at Northern , mom Chris (Swanhorst) her Dad Kevin Burckhard.Record set straight now hopefully.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-26-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrd View Post
                That's what they said.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/oregon...te--130530593/

https://fansided.com/2019/03/25/sabr...espn-straight/
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    I don't think it's accurate to say Macy had an off game. The defense keyed on her, and other Jacks stepped up. That's how good teams play. And the Jacks were very good tonight. Way to go! Another huge step forward in D-1 for SDSU.
                    This just shows you the high expectations we have of Macy and Mike.

Macy goes for 11 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and only 1 TO in 37 minutes but she was 3-9 shooting so she didn't quite preform like normal. I think the 1 TO is a big stat. When Syracuse made their run to start the 4th quarter, Madi had 2 TO's in a minute (only 2 for the game) so we had Macy take the ball up the court. She is not your typical PG but she sure can handle the ball. She was also the player they were trying to shut down after what she did in the game before.

I know not a men's thread but-
                    Mike went for 16 points, 11 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 2 assists and only 1 TO in 39 minutes the Summit League tournament game against Western Illinois but since he was only 5-10 FG's people wondered about him.

I know that most people think they didn't play bad just a little below average but those look like good/great numbers for most players.

Comment

A few words from Megan Vogel about last night and her time at SDSU. What’s the over/under on how long before she’s our coach?

https://m.facebook.com/116501224/pos...342346?sfns=mo

Comment

This post from Megan Vogel is probably the coolest reaction that I've seen. It really echoes Madi's comments in the post-game press conference. She says it best, but the sacrifice that so many people put into this program over the course of 15 years shouldn't be forgotten. It really felt like it culminated last night with that win.There are now new obstacles to climb -- starting with Friday night -- but the Sweet 16 accomplishment validates this process unlike anything else.

https://twitter.com/meganvogel/status/1110641979275313156

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          A few words from Megan Vogel about last night and her time at SDSU. What’s the over/under on how long before she’s our coach?

https://m.facebook.com/116501224/pos...342346?sfns=mo
                          Dang you just beat me to this! And I was just thinking earlier today how badly I want her to be AJ's successor when AJ hangs it up at SDSU in like 30 years

Comment

Working...
                          X