X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bobcats @ Carrier Dome

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Do you know what time the game is?
    They just said “Monday night” on the broadcast. It is still officially listed as “TBD” as far as I can tell.

Comment

For the record: SDSU 76, Quinnipiac 65

Comment

The calls, with this crew anyway (this game), rewarded the aggressive to the hoop plays. Next ref crew may or may not, but we have to ID how the refs are calling each game. We don't want to get players un-necessary fouls is the main concern here. We persevered regardless, didn't get anyone fouled out, so, all that ends well, goes well I guess.

Comment

Too early to talk Syracuse,should they advance against Fordham ? We should savor this win, for sure, #3 and another big one. Anything after this game is "gravy time", but by all means, we should strive for more and not settle. I'm sure we won't settle and we will continue to play the best we can. That said,playing Syracuse will be going from "Day camp" to "elite camp" as far as pressure on the ball goes....trap comes very fast, they have very quick guards, and they're just waiting for the poor pass out of it. Taking nothing away from Quinnipiac, just a different style of defense Syracuse will use against us, I believe, again, assuming they advance, Fordham has something to say about that though.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-23-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

The Jacks will need to finish the shots at the rim to advance any further. Missed too many bunnies in the second half.

Comment

Syracuse is starting to spread the score in 2nd quarter. Full court pressure and sticky defense at midcourt creating lots of problems for Fordham. The only relief for Fordham(who led for a short time in first quarter) is the timeout. Syracuse would be further ahead of they could hit a bucket in first. 23-15
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                The calls, with this crew anyway (this game), rewarded the aggressive to the hoop plays. Next ref crew may or may not, but we have to ID how the refs are calling each game. We don't want to get players un-necessary fouls is the main concern here. We persevered regardless, didn't get anyone fouled out, so, all that ends well, goes well I guess.
                For years It has seemed to me that the officials come tourney time reward aggressive play, and we have yet to adjust proportionately. It would be nice if we could change that up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  For years It has seemed to me that the officials come tourney time reward aggressive play, and we have yet to adjust proportionately. It would be nice if we could change that up a bit.
                  I don't know that the Jacks have faced a team that plays that aggressive on defense for an entire game. We may play more athletic teams, but there can't be many that are that active. I can see how they had won 21 straight. Would be fun to have them on the OOC schedule in the future.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

• Tiana Mangakahia is the name to remember for Syracuse. 20+ points, 11 assists, and 8 rebounds for the point guard. They did pressure the ball today and were rewarded nicely.

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      • Tiana Mangakahia is the name to remember for Syracuse. 20+ points, 11 assists, and 8 rebounds for the point guard. They did pressure the ball today and were rewarded nicely.

I saw that. Between her and Macy it should be an incredible match up. I just love the way Macy is playing right now. She is locked in on all phases of the game!

Going to be a lot of fun Monday! Anyone know what time tip is?

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        I saw that. Between her and Macy it should be an incredible match up. I just love the way Macy is playing right now. She is locked in on all phases of the game!

Going to be a lot of fun Monday! Anyone know what time tip is?

SUPERBUNNY
                        Not yet, but the East Coast game should get an earlier time slot.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          Agreed, I wish all games were called the same. The flow is so much better rather than watching so may free throws. There are way too many touch fouls in conference play.

Miller is maybe the best SDSU women's player ever, she is so clutch and can always make a play when needed. I think we match up well with Syracuse, I just don't like that it is on their home floor.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Not yet, but the East Coast game should get an earlier time slot.
                            I think the early games on Monday start at 4:00 or 5:00.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              I think the early games on Monday start at 4:00 or 5:00.
                              My guide shows games at 6 and 8 on espn

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                                Agreed, I wish all games were called the same. The flow is so much better rather than watching so may free throws. There are way too many touch fouls in conference play.

Miller is maybe the best SDSU women's player ever, she is so clutch and can always make a play when needed. I think we match up well with Syracuse, I just don't like that it is on their home floor.
                                It might be their home court but most of our girls are sporting some pretty snazzy new kicks, so I’d call it a wash!
                                👟

Comment

Working...
                                X