Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bobcats @ Carrier Dome

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Of course we have the Miller stuff memorized, it is our team. I'm sure was new info for some of the fans watching nationally.
    And there are still people in South Dakota that put up basketball hoops for grand daughters! A smidgeon of homework would have found one of those sisters also played DII basketball in SF. I would wager the background for Syracuse will be more in depth. It may be the info that SDSU fed the crew. As some may want to berate the students or crews that help on broadcasts in the Summit, I would have a higher bar set for the crew at the NCAA tournament.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Of course we have the Miller stuff memorized, it is our team. I'm sure was new info for some of the fans watching nationally.
      He said it about 7 times. It was clear he didn’t have much material on SDSU outside of Miller family history.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        He said it about 7 times. It was clear he didn’t have much material on SDSU outside of Miller family history.
        Where did Macy Miller father Allen go to school? go jacks player profile for Macy says he was the second highest scorer. It does not say where. DWU?
        Last edited by Nidaros; 03-24-2019, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Where did Macy Miller father Allen go to school? go jacks player profile for Macy says he was the second highest scorer. It does say where. DWU?
          DWU.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            And there are still people in South Dakota that put up basketball hoops for grand daughters! A smidgeon of homework would have found one of those sisters also played DII basketball in SF. I would wager the background for Syracuse will be more in depth. It may be the info that SDSU fed the crew. As some may want to berate the students or crews that help on broadcasts in the Summit, I would have a higher bar set for the crew at the NCAA tournament.
            Those would be great details for the local Midco broadcast team to dive into, not necessarily a national one. I had hoped they would talk a little more about the support/talent that the state has for women's basketball. The idea that there were 2 teams from SD that had single digit seeds plus the tournament attendance would be interesting for fans of WBB
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              The best heads up play in the Quinnipiac game , to me was when Jacks were ahead by 5 I believe,50 some sec or so left , we have the ball , milk the shot clock down some, take the shot.....miss, we get the rebound. Instead of jacking up a poor shot right away, we (it was Tylee, thanks 98Jackfarmer) get the ball out and maintain the possession with a new 30 sec shot clock to kill. Needless to say they were forced to foul, we managed to have it in Macy's hands.....2pts, same as a bucket and gave us the lead at 7. If we'd a chucked up a poor shot and they rebounded and scored, it would have been a much more precarious situation for us with time yet for them to tie maybe. Heads up play of the game to Tylee ,who had the presence of mind to kick it out and not take a bad, heavily contested shot instead.
              And I think it was Fey who was forced to pick up her 5th foul doing that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                And I think it was Fey who was forced to pick up her 5th foul doing that as well.
                Yes it was and it was kind of the point in the game that was Quinnipiacs last ditch effort. Their top two players fouled out of game. Irwins free throws were also key with about a little over 2 minutes left.

I want to say that as good a plays as Irwin and Burchard made down the stretch and I glad people recognize that, I feel that this was just a great team effort with so many players making huge contributions that set each other up for success. The set up passes to Burchard were perfect, that rewarded her movement to the basket. RCJ had some great passes to post players setting up high percentage shots. She also had a great defensive stop against their best player that resulted in a traveling call in the 4th quarter. Several ladies made great fast break throws leading to easy points that put Quinnipiac on their heals in the 2nd quarter. Madi and Maci make each other so much better because you can't sag off either one. I felt the press focused a lot on Maci, but Madi was crucial too the victory. It is a pleasure to watch really good team ball being played. Lets keep it up. Everyone do their part and we can keep on dancing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                  Yes it was and it was kind of the point in the game that was Quinnipiacs last ditch effort. Their top two players fouled out of game. Irwins free throws were also key with about a little over 2 minutes left.

I want to say that as good a plays as Irwin and Burchard made down the stretch and I glad people recognize that, I feel that this was just a great team effort with so many players making huge contributions that set each other up for success. The set up passes to Burchard were perfect, that rewarded her movement to the basket. RCJ had some great passes to post players setting up high percentage shots. She also had a great defensive stop against their best player that resulted in a traveling call in the 4th quarter. Several ladies made great fast break throws leading to easy points that put Quinnipiac on their heals in the 2nd quarter. Madi and Maci make each other so much better because you can't sag off either one. I felt the press focused a lot on Maci, but Madi was crucial too the victory. It is a pleasure to watch really good team ball being played. Lets keep it up. Everyone do their part and we can keep on dancing!
                  Irwin, Selland, and Burchard are going to be fun to watch develop. You can already see how good they are inside and how that has helped open up the entire offense.

Comment

Irwin, Selland, and Burchard are going to be fun to watch develop. You can already see how good they are inside and how that has helped open up the entire offense.
                    I was going to say they played a good game also, and Thueninck contributed to a key rebound by a text book blockout, (don't remember if she got the rebound our a teammate)kept in contact with her back pressing against an opponent and kept her out, really, everyone who played made sound contributions, it was nice to see in such a big game, scoring is not the only way to contribute, little things add up and make the deciding difference sometimes, doing things correctly.To quote John Wooden, he said, "It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen".
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-24-2019, 03:03 PM.

Comment

More chatter from the Orange
                      http://dailyorange.com/2019/03/3-thi...-dakota-state/
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

https://www.syracuse.com/orangesport...ing-it-on.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8IPpgROmoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tVF3MXQqr8&t=309s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtN3DxbjR2I
                        Last edited by OldHare; 03-24-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I just hope the refs let both teams play defense, if your afraid to play defense, it's a big disadvantage to have to deal with. We don't have to just chuck three's, just because we are pretty good at shooting them, I don't understand how fixated they are worrying about us shooting three's, the reason we shoot a good percentage is we have good shooters who are well poised and take good shots, that's not going to change any for this game, they've got to make sure we don't get good looks, that's their challenge, just like it's our job to contest the shots their shooters take. Whoever does the better job defensively will have an advantage in this game.

I'm more worried about defending the paint, they have way more potential scoring in the paint with their height, we've battled teams with a height advantage too, and did just fine (Baylor, NC State, Louisville, etc ,that's why we play them) we have to get all the misses we possibly can ,that means rebounding, if they miss the shot , we don't want to give them another try. Possessions are going to be big, we've got to keep possessions as even as we can against a team who relies a lot on skewing those numbers in their favor .This is just another typical 2nd rd game, two good teams battling it out. Play our game and make them defend, we do more than chuck three's, but if they give them to us wide open, we'll take them......and thank them very much for the opportunity. JMO
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-24-2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

The Orange game planning for the Jackrabbits
                            http://dailyorange.com/2019/03/syrac...-dakota-state/

Comment

The more I watch, and listen, to the SU coach the more I like him. He seems to be a really low-key guy who knows the game.

Jacks are going to need to be able to move the ball and hit shots against the zone defense. I doubt that SDSU has played a team that is strictly a zone team in quite awhile. I think that the difference in the game will be the turnovers, or lack of them

Comment

The more I watch, and listen, to the SU coach the more I like him. He seems to be a really low-key guy who knows the game.

Jacks are going to need to be able to move the ball and hit shots against the zone defense. I doubt that SDSU has played a team that is strictly a zone team in quite awhile. I think that the difference in the game will be the turnovers, or lack of them
                                Handling constant full-court pressure is what worries me about the game tomorrow night. That's one thing the Jacks don't face much of in our conference. But USD did force a number of turnovers late in the championship game when they finally went to the press.

Comment

Working...
                                X