Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bobcats @ Carrier Dome

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
    Miller is maybe the best SDSU women's player ever, she is so clutch and can always make a play when needed. I think we match up well with Syracuse, I just don't like that it is on their home floor.
    Maybe? No, Macy IS the best player ever to play at SDSU. One could debate best BBall player ever regardless of men or women.

Comment

The best heads up play in the Quinnipiac game , to me was when Jacks were ahead by 5 I believe,50 some sec or so left , we have the ball , milk the shot clock down some, take the shot.....miss, we get the rebound. Instead of jacking up a poor shot right away, we (it was Tylee, thanks 98Jackfarmer) get the ball out and maintain the possession with a new 30 sec shot clock to kill. Needless to say they were forced to foul, we managed to have it in Macy's hands.....2pts, same as a bucket and gave us the lead at 7. If we'd a chucked up a poor shot and they rebounded and scored, it would have been a much more precarious situation for us with time yet for them to tie maybe. Heads up play of the game to Tylee ,who had the presence of mind to kick it out and not take a bad, heavily contested shot instead.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-23-2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        The best heads up play in the Quinnipiac game , to me was when Jacks were ahead by 5 I believe,50 some sec or so left , we have the ball , milk the shot clock down some, take the shot.....miss, we get the rebound. Instead of jacking up a poor shot right away, we (can't remember who) get the ball out and maintain the possession with a new 30 sec shot clock to kill. Needless to say they were forced to foul, we managed to have it in Macy's hands.....2pts, same as a bucket and gave us the lead at 7. If we'd a chucked up a poor shot and they rebounded and scored, it would have been a more precarious situation for us with time yet for them to tie maybe. Heads up play of the game, whoever you are who had the presence of mind to kick it out and not take a bad shot instead.
        That was Tylee that did that. Good play on her part.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
          That was Tylee that did that. Good play on her part.
          She has really grown up as the year progressed. I'm excited to see her improvement next year.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGCQuOnRNd8 QU Coach & team
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

6:00 pm Monday night

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqukt7HUuzE

Jackrabbits
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

next opponent Syracuse
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-CaacrH-ys

Comment

You mean we don't get to sneak up on anybody anymore? I'm kind of leery about a coach heaping on too much praise, it kind of makes me think they have something up their sleeve. Of course, I'm naturally suspicious.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-23-2019, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Unsung hero award in Jacks vs Bobcats,very difficult to choose this one, so many had good games. But, after much angst and soul searching, I've concluded it must go to Paiton Burckhard ,who went 4-4 FG for the game and played only 11 minutes. Unlike some who use the glass like a roulette wheel, and just throw the ball and see where it goes, Paiton must be studying for her masters degree on the science of how to use the glass effectively, very skilled, I think Paiton deserves this recognition. So, in her dedication and hard work, which rarely gets noticed (unsung), I think she's a perfect recipient of this recognition. She's a true master of the glass, a very effective and efficient scorer for us in the paint.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-24-2019, 04:39 AM.

Comment

A little something that got stuck in my craw. The game announcers heaped great praise on Tricia Fabbri, the head coach of Quinnipiac. Said she was one of the most successful coaches in America. And, she is a good coach. The coach is 50 years old and has tallied around 407 victories. AJ did not get the same kind of high praise (oh, "He's one of the better young coaches") at least I didn't hear it. AJ is 41 years old and stands at 467/468 victories. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                          A little something that got stuck in my craw. The game announcers heaped great praise on Tricia Fabbri, the head coach of Quinnipiac. Said she was one of the most successful coaches in America. And, she is a good coach. The coach is 50 years old and has tallied around 407 victories. AJ did not get the same kind of high praise (oh, "He's one of the better young coaches") at least I didn't hear it. AJ is 41 years old and stands at 467/468 victories. Enough said.
                          The guy had not done much homework on this game. He looped the FYI stuff that I nearly had the Miller family information memorized.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            Unsung hero award in Jacks vs Bobcats,very difficult to choose this one, so many had good games. But, after much angst and soul searching, I've concluded it must go to Paiton Burckhard ,who went 4-4 FG for the game and played only 11 minutes. Unlike some who use the glass like a roulette wheel, and just throw the ball and see where it goes, Paiton must be studying for her masters degree on the science of how to use the glass effectively, very skilled, I think Paiton deserves this recognition. So, in her dedication and hard work, which rarely gets noticed (unsung), I think she's a perfect recipient of this recognition. She's a true master of the glass, a very effective and efficient scorer for us in the paint.
                            I’d second that nomination.

Comment

https://syracusefan.com/threads/su-v...v-espn.142369/
                              Some beginning on the Orange side. Most chatter is about the ticket price and beer sales on premises.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                The guy had not done much homework on this game. He looped the FYI stuff that I nearly had the Miller family information memorized.
                                Of course we have the Miller stuff memorized, it is our team. I'm sure was new info for some of the fans watching nationally.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X