Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NIT vs. Texas

Default Re: NIT vs. Texas

Nate and jenkins are different types of guards but while Nate was very good at getting other people the ball at the right time in the right place I still consider him a score first point guard. I was more looking at the efficiency of each. Jenkins shot more with greater success. I don’t think you will see him be the starting point guard but I do think we will see the ball in his hands a lot in late game and late shot clock situations. He definitely needs to get better at defense but I also think we will see him guarding the other teams worst offensive player so he can preserve his energy for the offensive end because we will need him to score a lot next year.

I would expect to see Arians take a big step forward in scoring next year so he will take some of what Daum is leaving and if grill comes in as good as advertised he will be expected to score from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by da_coach View Post
    Very good post. Jenkins is special.

It's similar to people who didn't like Taryn Christion. I don't get it.
    Jenkins made 112 3's this season putting him at 196 for his career. Just to put in perspective how good that is, if he can average 100 made 3's his last two seasons that would put him in the top 20 all time for career 3's made.

Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I wonder if DJJ will take on more of a PG role next year since he and Grill play the same position. Or does one of them slide to the 3, with Ariens at the 4, and King at point?
    I’d like to see one of these guys come off the bench to give the team another spark It’s brutal how few minutes the freshman got for next year. In some ways it feels like a wasted year; however, I think this team will be alright next year if Otz can get them to play defense. We have a lot of minutes available. As someone mentioned above, when March rolls around no one will want to play SDSU.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Looks like Texas is going to the NIT title game against Lipscomb.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapJack View Post
    DJJ shot more with a higher rate of accuracy. On the other hand, Nate had more FT, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. As great as Nate was, DJJ simply is a better shooter. However, if filling up a stat sheet means you are a complete player, DJJ has a ways to go.

This almost sounds like a Wolters/Woodside comparison from back in the day.
    I will say that DJJ is hands down the better 3-point shooter. Nate did struggle with his FG% his freshman year but DJJ's first 2 years and Nate's last 3 years are all comparable. DJJ almost shot as good from 3-point land (.453) as he did from 2-point land (.458). Nate on the other hand was much better inside the arc. Not much better that DJJ but better than Nate's 3-point %.
    DJJ has more TO's (143) than assists (106) over his first 2 years. Nate on the other hand had 669 assists to 283 TO's. I think this year DJJ had more TO's than any other Jack (except Daum's sophomore (??) year) in PROBABLY the last 10 years. You have him bring the ball up the court and that number would probably be much higher.
    DJJ is a really good player and SDSU is a better team with him. I can see him breaking 3-points shooting records but seeing him play PG or being a great stat stuffer is a little stretch for me (as of now).
    Last edited by 91jack; 04-03-2019 at 04:45 PM.

And Texas wins the NIT

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    And Texas wins the NIT
    I thought someone said they would be ripe for an upset. Guess they never got that message.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.