2 & 1 Start to the Conference Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 & 1 Start to the Conference Season

The Rabbits went 2-1 this weekend in Springfield, IL vs. Western. Spring is slowly creeping north. Games are being played in Omaha starting this past weekend.

As I take an early look at the Rabbits two stats are standing out on the negative side. The teams OPS (On Base + Slugging) is .737. That’s about 100 points off of what is considered a solid OPS. The team ERA has climbed to 5.02. If the team can get the ERA back into the low four’s they’ll be fine. Reminder it’s still early. Real early. The staff is young....

The team gets to jump in with both feet this weekend as they head to Tulsa to face ORU. Great test for this team to see where they are at in the Summit League. As it’s been for years it looks like the Golden Eagles are the class of the league. They’re 9-8 overall right now. Just crushed Ft. Wayne in the first weekend of league play. Just thinking out loud here. There was a good chance the Rabbits Men’s Hoops Team would’ve been a 14 seed playing Houston in Tulsa. Little NCAA Tournament and Rabbits’ baseball. That would’ve been a fun weekend. Oh well.......

Go Rabbits!

Re: 2 & 1 Start to the Conference Season

ORU offered free streaming of their SL opening series last weekend!

Comment

So opening weekend resulted in ORU sweeping PFW, Omaha sweeping NDSU, and SDSU going 2-1 over Western Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
        The Rabbits went 2-1 this weekend in Springfield, IL vs. Western. Spring is slowly creeping north. Games are being played in Omaha starting this past weekend.

As I take an early look at the Rabbits two stats are standing out on the negative side. The teams OPS (On Base + Slugging) is .737. That’s about 100 points off of what is considered a solid OPS. The team ERA has climbed to 5.02. If the team can get the ERA back into the low four’s they’ll be fine. Reminder it’s still early. Real early. The staff is young....

The team gets to jump in with both feet this weekend as they head to Tulsa to face ORU. Great test for this team to see where they are at in the Summit League. As it’s been for years it looks like the Golden Eagles are the class of the league. They’re 9-8 overall right now. Just crushed Ft. Wayne in the first weekend of league play. Just thinking out loud here. There was a good chance the Rabbits Men’s Hoops Team would’ve been a 14 seed playing Houston in Tulsa. Little NCAA Tournament and Rabbits’ baseball. That would’ve been a fun weekend. Oh well.......

Go Rabbits!
        The era is up a little but this past weekend the wind was blowing out to right field most of the weekend.
        I think if we keep walks down the staff will be fine. I checked out the ORU board and they are a little worried about us. So we will see how this weekend goes and if all the travel catches up to us. I have watched ORU a few times and they are good but I am not sure they are what they were last year.

Comment

Working...
        X