Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Dance

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Definitely pros and cons playing in the 16 play-in game. On one hand there is a good chance at a win which will earn the summit a 2nd share. It’s also a good chance for a young team to grow together as well.

The cons would mainly be if you lose it’s almost like you weren’t in the tourney. Let’s not pretend like the 16 seed play ins are widely watched. I’m an ncaa tourney junkie and I don’t think I’ve once watched a complete 16 play in.
    After reading some of the rules on the payout I'm not sure you get paid for the first game?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
      After reading some of the rules on the payout I'm not sure you get paid for the first game?
      It feels a bit weird, but it's true. A conference gets 1 unit for every game a member team competes in, excluding the championship. So if we count the number of teams competing in each round:

First Four: 8 teams
      1st Round: 64 teams
      2nd Round: 32 teams
      Regional Semis: 16 teams
      Regional Finals: 8 teams
      Final Four: 4 teams
      Championship: doesn't count

When we add them all up, we get 132 total units, which matches the number of units allocated since the last expansion in 2011.

Comment

Is that the Ref from Mitchell SD doing the Nevada/Florida game??
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          Is that the Ref from Mitchell SD doing the Nevada/Florida game??
          Kelly Pfieffer. Yes.

Comment

Count me as not disappointed Nevada lost. Something about the Martin twins I just can’t stand.

Comment

So I'm not the only one who was cheering for Florida? Nevada is just not very likeable.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                So I'm not the only one who was cheering for Florida? Nevada is just not very likeable.
                I was cheering for Nevada. Why not, we should have beat them on their home floor in front of a near record crowd. If they could have put together a run its just a little, by all means little, thing we could say that we had a sweet 16 (or better) team on the ropes. Besides, I had them winning the game in my bracket. BTW, the Bison fans reveling in winning a play in game and claiming they are the top dawg is getting old in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I realize the team was assembled from transfers for this one chance, but the staff and the fans at the game were very accomodating.

Comment

I liked Thurman, so I was cheering for Nevada. I also tend to enjoy "villain" teams a little bit.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      BTW, the Bison fans reveling in winning a play in game and claiming they are the top dawg is getting old in a hurry.
                      Where you seeing this happen? And yes I am excited and happy for this young team, they were dead in the water it appeared a month ago now on a 7 game win streak when it counts, great for their confidence and growth. Play in game or not it's considered an NCAA win, and the experience of a lifetime for them.

I have seen nobody say we are the best ever, and imo we get blown out tonight but who cares, the kids get to play Duke, Friday night in primetime on CBS with legends calling, coaching and playing in the game. So awesome for them
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                        Where you seeing this happen? And yes I am excited and happy for this young team, they were dead in the water it appeared a month ago now on a 7 game win streak when it counts, great for their confidence and growth. Play in game or not it's considered an NCAA win, and the experience of a lifetime for them.

I have seen nobody say we are the best ever, and imo we get blown out tonight but who cares, the kids get to play Duke, Friday night in primetime on CBS with legends calling, coaching and playing in the game. So awesome for them
                        I think I speak for all jacks fan that we are mostly quite jealous that the bison are in this situation and not us. So take anything you hear with a large grain of jealous salt

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post

Go read bisonville for a while. Some, not all, are quite obnoxious from my perspective. Good Luck tonight.

Comment

Go read bisonville for a while. Some, not all, are quite obnoxious from my perspective. Good Luck tonight.
                            Im guessing they felt the same the last 3 years. It could have been worse. usd could have been the one winning a play in game.

Comment

Well..we've only got a few more hours left...and then reality will set in. It is an awesome opportunity to play Duke in the tournament...but things are tempered a bit when we are given a .9% chance of winning. I mean c'mon...we can't even get a full 1 percent? Maybe if Duke dined on partially cooked chicken and pork, along with raw eggs, topped with mayo that had sat out for a few days, and then got influenza...then...maybe then...we might get a full 1%. And then it would be on...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                Well..we've only got a few more hours left...and then reality will set in. It is an awesome opportunity to play Duke in the tournament...but things are tempered a bit when we are given a .9% chance of winning. I mean c'mon...we can't even get a full 1 percent? Maybe if Duke dined on partially cooked chicken and pork, along with raw eggs, topped with mayo that had sat out for a few days, and then got influenza...then...maybe then...we might get a full 1%. And then it would be on...
                                I hope you at least put a little scare in them for a half.

Comment

Working...
                                X