Big Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Dance

Play-in game for ndsu. Winner gets pounded by Duke.

Re: Big Dance

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Play-in game for ndsu. Winner gets pounded by Duke.
    I always thought that if a team needed to be a 16, getting a play in game was the way to go. You get a national audience to yourself and possibly win a game before having to get thrown to the wolves.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I always thought that if a team needed to be a 16, getting a play in game was the way to go. You get a national audience to yourself and possibly win a game before having to get thrown to the wolves.
      Nothing like things working out for ndsu. Best of a bad situation.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Im actually happy for the play in game, give these kids possibly an extra game if they can win to continue to play and practice together as they are young, we all know neither team is beating Duke so its great they will get a good experience in what should be competitive game.
        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Plus a win in Dayton gets the conference another $1.7M-ish.

Comment

Definitely pros and cons playing in the 16 play-in game. On one hand there is a good chance at a win which will earn the summit a 2nd share. It’s also a good chance for a young team to grow together as well.

The cons would mainly be if you lose it’s almost like you weren’t in the tourney. Let’s not pretend like the 16 seed play ins are widely watched. I’m an ncaa tourney junkie and I don’t think I’ve once watched a complete 16 play in.

Comment

A fourth seed that got hot (and got help)...this play-in game is made exactly for that type of team. Hopefully the Bison win. It would be fun to see NDSU play against Duke. Since there is not thought of even keeping it competitive, I could just relax and enjoy the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                A fourth seed that got hot (and got help)...this play-in game is made exactly for that type of team. Hopefully the Bison win. It would be fun to see NDSU play against Duke. Since there is not thought of even keeping it competitive, I could just relax and enjoy the experience.
                Good luck to the Bison. A win helps the Summit in revenue so no reason to disrespect.

Comment

Definitely pros and cons playing in the 16 play-in game. On one hand there is a good chance at a win which will earn the summit a 2nd share. It’s also a good chance for a young team to grow together as well.

The cons would mainly be if you lose it’s almost like you weren’t in the tourney. Let’s not pretend like the 16 seed play ins are widely watched. I’m an ncaa tourney junkie and I don’t think I’ve once watched a complete 16 play in.
                  You aren't a big enough junkie if you haven't watched the play-in games, all of them. I watch all 4 of these games every year. Primes the pump for the next few weeks. I absolutely love this time of year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    Right. Playing Duke in the tourney would be awesome so even with a loss it's a cool experience.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I'm with you - I've never watched a single play in game. Even back when it was 65 vs. 64 for the play in game and there was only one.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        You aren't a big enough junkie if you haven't watched the play-in games, all of them. I watch all 4 of these games every year. Primes the pump for the next few weeks. I absolutely love this time of year!!!
                        Agreed.

Comment

I dont watch them. I dont feel like it's very compelling really. Just a way to milk a few more games and advertiser dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            I dont watch them. I dont feel like it's very compelling really. Just a way to milk a few more games and advertiser dollars.
                            This is fact.

The 11/11 or whatever they may be are generally ok and the winners of those games have gone on to do well in the tourney several times. The 16/16 play-in games were created to open up two more at-large births (and to get another game on TV they can sell advertising for).

Comment

ill take the 1.36 million veiwership average (from 2018) on a spotlight night for a chance at another W, I cant wait
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                              X