The Greatness of Macy Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatness of Macy Miller

It's hard to believe her SDSU run is coming to an end. But what a show she has given us. Without doubt, the greatest female basketball player ever to wear the Yellow and Blue uniform. She leads the team in scoring, assists, steals, three-point percent and free throw percent. On top of that, she is second in rebounding.

Her athletic talents aside, what separates her from others is how smart she is. She always seems to be one step ahead of everyone else.

I'm just glad I got to watch her play. What a gift.

Re: The Greatness of Macy Miller

My favorite part about her game was the way she would dial it up and become unstoppable during the SLT. Tuesday was the best example yet.

One more thing would go really nicely with her legacy: a Sweet 16 appearance in a couple weeks.

Comment

She's not done yet, nor the team,this should be an interesting NCAA Tournament,Macy and Maddies,and Sydney's final Goodbye tour, get your tickets for the "Final Showdown series" and enjoy the show.

Comment

I said it in the championship thread, but I think she's the best basketball player I've ever watched at SDSU. Just an absolute beast. 12-0 in the Summit League tournament, 4-0 against USD in SL championship games. I was sitting at mid court on the side where she hit the 3 to force OT against USD in Vermillion and every person there knew it was going in when she shot it. Will miss watching her.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Congrats to Macy on getting drafted tonight! #36 by Seattle - the final pick.

Comment

Macy seems to thrive taking on new challenges, I'm sure she'll do well.Congrats to Macy!

Comment

As was reported in the Argus, Macy had a good camp after the season ended and that helped her draft stock go up. The challenge is she has only six weeks to prove her worth to stay on the defending champion Storm roster. The Storm expects to keep most everyone from their 11-person roster that beat the Washington Mystics.

Teams can have up to 12 people on the roster, but they have to finalize their roster by May 23rd. The Storm's top draft pick is expected to play another year in Australia, so she won't be taking up a roster spot. Anriel Howard from Mississippi State was their second round pick. Howard had a really good career for MSU, capping off her senior year by averaging 16.4 points and 8.4 rebounds per game. She's an undersized forward that is a really good defender. The Mississippi State story referenced above, believes she will break the starting lineup this year. I'm sure they are completely objective.

The Storm roster lists six guards on the team, including Maci. Sue Bird, the perennial all-star and the oldest player in the WNBA returns at age 38. You have to believe that she doesn't have many years left and her production is starting to drop off. Last season she averaged 10.1 points, but led the team with 7.1 assists. Jewell Loyd is entering the prime of her career as a 4th player out of Notre Dame. She was 2nd on the team in minutes, points, assists and steals per game. Jordin Canada from UCLA is back after a solid rookie campaign. She averaged 16.5 minutes, 5.7 points, and was third on the team in assists. That leaves Macy to compete against Sami Whitcomb and Noel Quinn if the Storm decide to keep the same number of guards on the team. Quinn is back for her 12th season and had some unremarkable numbers from last year. You have to do some things right to stay on the roster while shooting 30% from the field and 23.5% from behind the arc. Whitcomb is a versatile G/F with two seasons in the WNBA under her belt. While she logged the second lowest number of minutes on the team last year, she played valuable minutes in the playoffs. Her 36.2% shooting from behind the arc was just below the team's average of 37.6%. Quinn only played at garbage time in the playoffs.

If Maci can defend at this level, you have to think she has an opportunity this year. She has great size for a guard, we know she can score in so many different ways, and she has so many intangibles that can help her carve out a role on the team. Learning from Sue Bird will help her development if she can make the roster.
              Last edited by GopherHole; 04-11-2019, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Maybe it's just me but glad ionescu from Oregon not going pro may have saved Miller in the draft. If she goes as a top pick good chance miller doesn't get the final spot.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Maybe it's just me but glad ionescu from Oregon not going pro may have saved Miller in the draft. If she goes as a top pick good chance miller doesn't get the final spot.
                  Now you are assuming that Seattle was not interested in Macy for their 3rd pick and there was another guard on the list. It may have been another team would have found another forward or another shooter with a change in the available. I cannot jump on the wagon that #36 would be the one left out. Like many things in the world, it could be possible though not a slam dunk.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

According to the Seattle Storm website, "The team will begin its title defense facing the Phoenix Mercury at Angel of the Winds Arena in Everett, Wash. on Saturday, May 25 at 12:30 p.m. on ABC."

https://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-...-overall-pick/

Hopefully this is a nationally televised game so we can see Macy as a pro. I'm guessing it should be since they're the defending champs.

Comment

Brianna Stewart, star for Seattle Storm, tore her Achilles today in Euro Championship. That injury will have a 6-12 month recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Brianna Stewart, star for Seattle Storm, tore her Achilles today in Euro Championship. That injury will have a 6-12 month recovery.
                        That totally changes their team. Last year's league MVP scored 25% of the team's points and 24% of their rebounds. She was an excellent distributor of the ball, led the team in steals and could score in so many ways.

What was big news for the Storm and not necessarily good news for Macy is that free agent Shavonte Zellous was added to the roster. Zellous is a 10 year WNBA veteran who last played for the Liberty. She started 18 games for them and is know for her ability to defend. The 5'10" guard is a former All-NBA guard and averaged 8.2 pts/3.1 reb/3.0 assists per game last year. While Sue Bird is not the player she once was, she'd have to choose to retire or get injured to not make the team this year. They need her to sell tickets with Stewart out of the lineup.

Macy's got her work cut out for her. I liked her chances before Zellous was signed. I'm afraid the team will be looking at chemistry more than evaluating talent in the preseason. They went from having everyone back and a roster virtually set to some chaos to sort out.

Comment

Not only Macy being a great player that she was, she was an integral part in making the 2018-2019 team one of, if not the best, wbb teams in program Histoy. We must not forget this team included Maddie Guebert ,another all-time Conference leading statistic title holder ,who holds the 3 pt FG made record, pretty much smashing the record. In our final NCAA stat line for 2018-2019, we had a whopping 5 statistical categories in the top 10, with 10 statistical categories being in the top 20.This was a very versatile and well rounded team,capable of playing and performing at a top 20 basketball stat line performance level throughout the season. We were a dangerous team to face in the NCAA Tournament and everyone knew it and played their best against us.Proud of this team for finally getting over the sweet 16 "hump " so to speak and inspiring future teams to go even farther to establish new goals and continuing the quest to accomplish them, to keep raising the bar and the accepting of new challenges facing them.

I was a little bored so was wondering how our final stats looked, it kind of took me by surprise a little how we finished the season so well stat wise. Current team members should also be proud in taking part in what was, looking back, a very historic and cherished season to remember for SDSU Jackrabbit basketball.

Comment

Working...
                          X