• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Chuckling. I can’t give rep pts.

Comment

Attendance was 7871. I would have guessed more than that. No record broken today.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Attendance was 7871. I would have guessed more than that. No record broken today.
        Agreed, I would have thought closer to 9k. Must have been more spread out than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Agreed, I would have thought closer to 9k. Must have been more spread out than I thought.
          I was thinking 8 or 9. If it was an evening game they would have gotten 10k easily.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Watched the U press conference -- you do feel for Allison Arens. Seems like a high quality human and played a terrific game today. They certainly deserve to get into the tourney, and you pray that Duffy is healthy enough to play effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
              Watched the U press conference -- you do feel for Allison Arens. Seems like a high quality human and played a terrific game today. They certainly deserve to get into the tourney, and you pray that Duffy is healthy enough to play effectively.
              How did she get hurt? She made a lay up and rolled her ankle? Or land on someone's shoe? There was a lot around so didnt see how it happened.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

When she landed, her ankle just rolled over. You could see it on the one replay. Didn't look terrible, but those are or can be really painful.

Comment

Talk about some idiot reporting in that interview. Arens was obviously emotional and needed a break, so the next guy up directs a question specifically to her instead of Sjerven.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    Talk about some idiot reporting in that interview. Arens was obviously emotional and needed a break, so the next guy up directs a question specifically to her instead of Sjerven.
                    Thought the same thing.

Comment

That second quarter was one of the most spectacular college basketball scenes in SD history. Macy completely took over in the blink of an eye and willed us to a lead. One of the greatest performances I've ever seen to cap off the greatest career ever in South Dakota.

Pretty important to win the SLT in Macy and Madi's senior year with everyone USD has coming back the next two years. Btw, AJ has Plitzuweit's number. What an outstanding job by the coaching staff. Our coaching talent and composure should never be taken for granted. We are blessed beyond belief with AJ.

ALSO, has to suck for USD to have a Top 25 team and have a crowd 75% blue and 25% red. This is a Blue State. I wish every recruit could see this type of atmosphere for women's basketball. It is unparalleled across the country.
                      They interviewed Oral Roberts head coach after SDSU beat them and asked her what they have to do to catch SDSU. She said something to the effect of, "Maci and Maddi and finally seniors, right? That will help but we have to get better, too. A high tide raises all ships so we have to get better". (give or take)
                      When they asked Dawn about SDSU going 5-0 against them in the Summit League championship games, she could have given an answer similar to ORU's coach. AJ will have his work cut out for him next year.

Comment

Working...
                      X