Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT - Jackrabbits vs. WIU Leathernecks - 2019 SLT Rd 1

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
    We were 17 point favorites- the team shouldn’t have needed our energy. It’s just a sad way to end the daum era.
    A couple of NIT wins will take that nasty taste out of your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
      A couple of NIT wins will take that nasty taste out of your mouth.
      It won’t. The nit is consolation. This team was loaded. Needed to make the tournament

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
        It won’t. The nit is consolation. This team was loaded. Needed to make the tournament
        Yep. Summit was way down this year too. Next year will be wide open but this years loss is unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
          Totally agree. I had four guys infront of me drinking and having a great time for the first 36 minutes. Then they looked up at the scoreboard and it was like "oh s*it. We're losing." I get it. It's fun and social to hang out with friends or old classmates. Be in the game. The team needed energy at multiple times last night and nothing. I tried to stand up a couple of times in the first half and second half and nothing. It almost felt like. Sit down please. I can't see the game......

The enery at the Denny was poor at best.

Go Rabbits!
          Seriously, you’re going to blame the crowd for this? The team was awful and deserved to lose. And the lack of depth or a spark coming off the bench was obvious. We were a 4 person team nearly all year and it finally came back and bit us in the a$&. Starting next year this is truly TJs team and we’ll see his coaching/recruiting abilities put to the test.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
            Seriously, you’re going to blame the crowd for this? The team was awful and deserved to lose. And the lack of depth or a spark coming off the bench was obvious. We were a 4 person team nearly all year and it finally came back and bit us in the a$&. Starting next year this is truly TJs team and we’ll see his coaching/recruiting abilities put to the test.
            The lack of defense is a bigger issue imo

Comment

Watching NDSU dominate WIU just makes it that much worse

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Just sitting here knowing I should be watching the Jacks is making it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Just sitting here knowing I should be watching the Jacks is making it worse.
                  Almost makes me sick.

I guess it’s what makes March fun. We’ve been on the other side a lot.

Comment

Even sicker. Bison win.

Go Mavs/Dons

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      I was at the game and must have missed the domination. I remember people say it was up for grabs and 4 or 5 teams could win it. Right now #4 is playing for a championship

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        I was at the game and must have missed the domination. I remember people say it was up for grabs and 4 or 5 teams could win it. Right now #4 is playing for a championship
                        I said this when ndsu couldn’t miss in the first half. To WIU’s credit, they played well and almost pulled it off again. How in the world do they get blown out by Denver and SDSU last week and then perform like this in Sioux Falls? Unreal

Comment

Its college basketball. Ask Virginia

Comment

A quick glance at Ticketmaster this AM shows no lower level tickets available for tonight's game. I hope the seats look fuller on TV than they did last night.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                              A quick glance at Ticketmaster this AM shows no lower level tickets available for tonight's game. I hope the seats look fuller on TV than they did last night.
                              That would make perfect sense. The tickets were sold prior to the event. Now when Jackrabbits and Coyotes are not still playing, those tickets are still sold. Buy the cheapest ticket available and watch for open seats. If you go back to the first championship game the bison won with Wooodside, the fans were encouraged to fill in the lower areas. It will be interesting how many make the trip to watch their team in the championship game.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Coaching staff failed this incredible group of seniors. TJ had 3 years to bring in a guy to go round out this team. Arians was fine and I think he will be a decent starter in the future but he was not what this team needed NOW to get to the level we should have been at. 3 years to go find a power forward to go protect the rim, take pressure off Daum defensively, rebound, and provide some toughness for this team. In the age of the grad transfer, along with Juco and traditional transfer players it seems we should have been able to fine ONE. This doesn’t even get in to the lack of depth that clearly hurt us late in the year. With the talent that was inherited by this staff we should have been better.

Not ready to throw in the towel on TJ. We will see how the team does the next few years with a roster constructed by him and his staff. I’m uneasy to say the least.

Sorry for the gloomy post just still really bummed. Hoping this is therapeutic, ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X