Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT - Jackrabbits vs. WIU Leathernecks - 2019 SLT Rd 1

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Lots of interviews at the big dance. If your team was 7-27 this year and this is year 5 of your coach's contract, you just might be interested in TJ.
    Maybe, but the price went down quite a bit tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Daum took 10 shots. Western deserved to win
      And I think he took at least half of them during the 5 or 6 minutes that Gilbeck was on the bench.

Comment

Thought TJ got out coached especially in the first half. Thought it was bizarre they were using Daum as a decoy to get Gilbeck out of the paint instead of getting Mike more touches. WIU were physical and it took the Jacks too long to respond.
        Agree with this. I don't think it was Daum not wanting the ball I think he was doing what was asked of him. Could be all wet when I say that. Also, waited way too long to start ratcheting up the D and even pressing. Look how rattled they got. But we did not start until it was practically over. Who cares if it's not your specialty. If nothing else is working, change it up.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Kicking Colorado States ass in the NIT was pretty awesome a few years ago. I know it sucks but it’s not the worst consolation prize.
          No one will agree with me but deep into the NIT would equal one and done against a three seed IMVHO.

Comment

Jenkins and King kept us in the game. The front court got out-played big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              No one will agree with me but deep into the NIT would equal one and done against a three seed IMVHO.
              Well, if they don't remove their heads from their rear ends it will end quickly there too.

Comment

Free throws tonight: 17-26, with a couple of front-end misses. With everything else that went wrong, still could have won with an adequate showing at the charity stripe.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Jenkins and King kept us in the game. The front court got out-played big time.
                  The freshmen really struggled, and Flatten was invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    Free throws tonight: 17-26 with a couple of front-ends missed. For everything else that went wrong, still good have won with an adequate effort from the charity stripe.
                    True, but you shouldn't have to rely on a great night from the line to beat Western. Defense would be nice.

Comment

Honestly, this was the most nervous coming into the SLT. Playing a team back to back. Too may games where where we had to come from way down. Too many close games. Just didnt seem right the last month.

Comment

Gilbeck is in Daum’s head
                        That's what I noticed.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Free throws tonight: 17-26, with a couple of front-end misses. With everything else that went wrong, still could have won with an adequate showing at the charity stripe.
                          Western went 14-25, so that was kind of a wash.

Comment

Maybe someone saw it on TV but it sure looked like daum got position got the rebound and gilbeck reached on daum. But daum was called for the foul?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The freshmen really struggled, and Flatten was invisible.
                              Story I heard was that Billy could recruit but not coach. He certainly out coached tonight. The freshmen seem underwhelming. Next year the question for TJ might be recruiting? Coaching? Oh well if they don't crap all over themselves in the "it ain't much but all you got" games (like USD did) I'll feel ok. Two NIT wins is break even for my psyche.

Comment

Thought TJ got out coached especially in the first half. Thought it was bizarre they were using Daum as a decoy to get Gilbeck out of the paint instead of getting Mike more touches. WIU were physical and it took the Jacks too long to respond.
                                Otz just isn’t an Xs and Os guy. He’s a good recruiter but that’s it. I’m sure he’ll get better but he’s got a ways to go in my opinion. Playing zone against USD told you everything you needed to know about this team. They’re soft and it starts with the coaches. I don’t think they pushed these guys hard enough all year, especially on the defensive side. Will Otz be successful at SDSU? Of course. I think he’ll really struggle when he gets to the P5 when he can’t out recruit everyone. I’ve felt this way all year.

Lastly, Ryan Krueger played some great minutes tonight. I thought he played decent earlier in the year as well as Dentlinger. I just don’t understand how a guy who hasn’t seen the court for two months ends up playing in the league tournament. The subbing and playing time has been really weird for some of these guys. Luckily there’s a lot of minutes available next year.
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X