Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT - Jackrabbits vs. WIU Leathernecks - 2019 SLT Rd 1

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Seriously, you’re going to blame the crowd for this? The team was awful and deserved to lose. And the lack of depth or a spark coming off the bench was obvious. We were a 4 person team nearly all year and it finally came back and bit us in the a$&. Starting next year this is truly TJs team and we’ll see his coaching/recruiting abilities put to the test.
    I was trying to reply to a previous post. For some reason it didn’t tag my response to that quote. I totally agree the vast majority of the blame is on the players and especially the coaching staff (lack of adjustments. No plan to get Mike shots, etc...). I’ve attended all 10 SL Tournaments in Sioux Falls and each year our fans have become more and more mellow. The old arena was a rats nest. The fans were into the game from the minute they walked in to the final buzzer. Maybe the seats were less comfortable. I was speaking from my viewpoint in Section 101. Every time I got out of my seat it was me and only me. The players need to get stops. The coaches need to make adjustments and the SDSU fans need to be in the game to help with energy on “on of those nights”.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

I mean I am in 101, so it's not JUST you.

Comment

I, Steelsd and Oldhare are in the same row in 102 and i sure dont see the mellow crowd. We were up all the time and nobody told us to sit down. We needed something to cheer about. Today was was the loudest ive heard the Denny since it moved there. When we went on the 22-2 run, it was loud. So we arent mello. And i know you arent mello, slosho

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          I, Steelsd and Oldhare are in the same row in 102 and i sure dont see the mellow crowd. We were up all the time and nobody told us to sit down. We needed something to cheer about. Today was was the loudest ive heard the Denny since it moved there. When we went on the 22-2 run, it was loud. So we arent mello. And i know you arent mello, slosho
          Up in 217 it was mellow. For a great game I was expe ting more but that was probably we were up higher dodnt hear the loud crowd roar. Not much noise from usd fans.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Up in 217 it was mellow. For a great game I was expe ting more but that was probably we were up higher dodnt hear the loud crowd roar. Not much noise from usd fans.
            Yesterday after usd won, I decided I wanted to bring two of my kids to the women's champ game. So I went down near the ticket area and sold my seat in section 115 and purchased three tickets in 215, to bring two of my kids.

I can confirm the lower bowl is way more energetic, the upper bowl is way more mellow. It was still a blast, we had fun, but it was way more mellow, which I was fine with.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

• GDT - Jackrabbits vs. WIU Leathernecks - 2019 SLT Rd 1

Today was LOUD and I have 45+ SDSU SLT games to compare it to. Maybe it sucks upstairs but the damn place was rocking downstairs. Another personal observation: over the years our crowds have settled into a pattern regarding cheering at the SLT. Real hardcore cheering is basically only done in emergency situations during the first two rounds and non-rivalry games. Then things change for the finals - people show up ready to go. At least that’s how it seems from my seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Today was LOUD and I have 45+ SDSU SLT games to compare it to. Maybe it sucks upstairs but the damn place was rocking downstairs. Another personal observation: over the years our crowds have settled into a pattern regarding cheering at the SLT. Real hardcore cheering is basically only done in emergency situations during the first two rounds and non-rivalry games. Then things change for the finals - people show up ready to go. At least that’s how it seems from my seats.
                I should clarify...yes it was loud, even upstairs, not as loud as lower level I thought, I think a lot of the sound comes from downstairs though.....which I guess makes sense since there are more people downstairs....also...all of the cheering is directed in a downward direction toward the court...also there were mostly yote fans in the 10 or 15 seats around us. As expected it was a great atmosphere.....always love it and glad the girls got to see Macy take the game over.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                  Watched the press conference. Players and TJ just repeatedly gave credit to WIU and kept talking about looking forward to the NIT. I miss the mental toughness and winning mentality Nagy instilled in players.
                  Just for fun, Nagy's team down 20 in their game right now. He must not have had them mentally prepared.*

*It's not the first round, not to an 8 seed, I have no idea if they were favored, or what their team is like, so this comparison is exactly 1 to 1 and anyone who disagrees is clearly wrong.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    Yesterday after usd won, I decided I wanted to bring two of my kids to the women's champ game. So I went down near the ticket area and sold my seat in section 115 and purchased three tickets in 215, to bring two of my kids.

I can confirm the lower bowl is way more energetic, the upper bowl is way more mellow. It was still a blast, we had fun, but it was way more mellow, which I was fine with.
                    That view i think is fine up there but isnt as intense and probably more casual fans. That's what we like Biut being up top is the 3 kids aren't going to bother people and are generally not as crowded so it's a good trade off.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Just for fun, Nagy's team down 20 in their game right now. He must not have had them mentally prepared.*

*It's not the first round, not to an 8 seed, I have no idea if they were favored, or what their team is like, so this comparison is exactly 1 to 1 and anyone who disagrees is clearly wrong.
                      Northern Kentucky is a really good team. Nevertheless your point is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

I guess I'll try to stay out of the "mentally prepared" conversation but SDSU's loss is a lot more disappointing.

SDSU lost to a #8 seed that had a 10-21 overall record, 4-12 in conference and they were playing less that one hour from home.
                        Wright State lost to a #2 seed that had a 26-8 overall record, 13-5 in conference but I have no clue where their game was played. Wright State and Northern Kentucky tied for the best conference record.
                        Wright State lost by 11 points instead of 3 points.

I guess as far as the crowd goes, I have always felt the the team should do something first get the crowd going. I guess you could say it was just a bad all around for SDSU men's basketball.

I do not know what type of coaching style is best but there are some real differences in coaching styles in the Summit League. Some coaches almost deserve a T before the opening tip and others are a lot more laid back.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          I guess I'll try to stay out of the "mentally prepared" conversation but SDSU's loss is a lot more disappointing.

SDSU lost to a #8 seed that had a 10-21 overall record, 4-12 in conference and they were playing less that one hour from home.
                          Wright State lost to a #2 seed that had a 26-8 overall record, 13-5 in conference but I have no clue where their game was played. Wright State and Northern Kentucky tied for the best conference record.
                          Wright State lost by 11 points instead of 3 points.

I guess as far as the crowd goes, I have always felt the the team should do something first get the crowd going. I guess you could say it was just a bad all around for SDSU men's basketball.

I do not know what type of coaching style is best but there are some real differences in coaching styles in the Summit League. Some coaches almost deserve a T before the opening tip and others are a lot more laid back.
                          Horizon League was playing at Little Caesars Arena, Home of the Pistons and Red Wings in Detroit, also home to the largest arena scoreboard in the world courtesy of Daktronics. not a large crowd there.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            Horizon League was playing at Little Caesars Arena, Home of the Pistons and Red Wings in Detroit, also home to the largest arena scoreboard in the world courtesy of Daktronics. not a large crowd there.
                            WSU & NKU have the best attendance in that league but are also the furthest from Detroit. Horizon tried to emulate the Mo Valley "Arch Madness" and in some ways the Summit League, but bombed horribly in Detroit. Starting next year they're moving back the tourney to Indianapolis to a small 6500 seat venue to avoid the "Sparse Crowd" list.

Big Nagy fan and good friends with Coach Cooley so I've kept track of them along with SDSU. They have a good thing going in Dayton but he needs more 3pt shooters. Should be back in the HL Title Game next year. As for NKU, that is a really good program, and were on fire from deep last night, could be an upset pick if they get a 13 or 14 seed. Their HC John Brannen will probably get snipped this April by a bigger program. Could see Ohio grabbing him since they let go of our old friend Saul Phillips.

Comment

Very hypothetical question here, but where would we be and who would've been here if Nagy had stayed? Let's assume Mike did stay this year for argument sake...

1) Cole Gentry PG
                              2) Tevin King SG
                              3) Skyler Flatten SF
                              4) Mike Daum PF
                              5) Loudon Love C

Obviously no DJJ, but that team would be really, really solid. Seems like Nagy left the cupboard quite empty when he departed, but it would've been cool to have Loudon Love for sure. Of course, the odds of Daum staying were probably much lower, but it's interesting to ponder.
                              Last edited by naters_gonna_nate; 03-13-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                                Very hypothetical question here, but where would we be and who would've been here if Nagy had stayed? Let's assume Mike did stay this year for argument sake...

1) Cole Gentry PG
                                2) Tevin King SG
                                3) Skyler Flatten SF
                                4) Mike Daum PF
                                5) Loudon Love C

Obviously no DJJ, but that team would've be really, really solid. Seems like Nagy left the cupboard quite empty when he departed, but it would've been cool to have Loudon Love for sure. Of course, the odds of Daum staying were probably much lower, but it's interesting to ponder.
                                Disagree, he left the cupboard very full...Telly, Theissen, Severyn, Daum, TK, Skyler, and Cole. Gentry left midseason cause he wasn't in TJ's future plans. Also what makes you think Daum leaves under Nagy's watch? Nagy & Klink recruited & developed him from a Chubby 3pt shooter to an offensive weapon, TJ reaped the benefits of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X