GDT - Jackrabbits vs. WIU Leathernecks - 2019 SLT Rd 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT - Jackrabbits vs. WIU Leathernecks - 2019 SLT Rd 1

Mom who watches sports and follows sdsu during warm ups even mentioned daum just didnt look right. Something his shot or focus. It was the most un daum like game ever. Gilbeck got in his head and we looked anxious. With that much leadership and experience I figured we would settle down but played anxious the whole game. I guess the last few weeks of the season people being concerned with our defense was right to worry. Moms other obersvation was sdsu really looked like it peaked in the middle of the season. Aside from at ipfw in the middle we weren't good to start or end the year but hot in the middle of it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
      No one will agree with me but deep into the NIT would equal one and done against a three seed IMVHO.
      Because I have no idea... chances of us getting a home game first round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Does nit do home games seeded or bids?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

No clue. I think they’re seeded 1-8. Home team gets the game.

I’m not sure this team bounces back. I hope they do because they can be so fun to watch when things are going well, but they may be defeated.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Probably not great. They seed the teams and the higher seed hosts, unlike the WNIT where you can buy home games.

Comment

Anyone else felt like Kruger should have played more in the second half. Owen king had a rough game. Felt like tevin was only one who played well and kreuger I thought was big in his limited minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Otz just isn’t an Xs and Os guy. He’s a good recruiter but that’s it. I’m sure he’ll get better but he’s got a ways to go in my opinion. Playing zone against USD told you everything you needed to know about this team. They’re soft and it starts with the coaches. I don’t think they pushed these guys hard enough all year, especially on the defensive side. Will Otz be successful at SDSU? Of course. I think he’ll really struggle when he gets to the P5 when he can’t out recruit everyone. I’ve felt this way all year.

Lastly, Ryan Krueger played some great minutes tonight. I thought he played decent earlier in the year as well as Dentlinger. I just don’t understand how a guy who hasn’t seen the court for two months ends up playing in the league tournament. The subbing and playing time has been really weird for some of these guys. Luckily there’s a lot of minutes available next year.
                how good of a recruiter is he? Year 3 and we have zero bench and a bunch of Nagy guys other than Jenkins

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                  how good of a recruiter is he? Year 3 and we have zero bench and a bunch of Nagy guys other than Jenkins
                  Valid point. It’s just what he’s known for but he’ll definitely have to prove it over the next two years.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Watched the press conference. Players and TJ just repeatedly gave credit to WIU and kept talking about looking forward to the NIT. I miss the mental toughness and winning mentality Nagy instilled in players.

Comment

• Re: GDT - Jackrabbits vs. WIU Leathernecks - 2019 SLT Rd 1

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                      Watched the press conference. Players and TJ just repeatedly gave credit to WIU and kept talking about looking forward to the NIT. I miss the mental toughness and winning mentality Nagy instilled in players.
                      To be honest, Nagy's teams had their fair share of games like this where they had to come back from big deficits against lower seeds, and needed some lucky breaks to win.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        To be honest, Nagy's teams had their fair share of games like this where they had to come back from big deficits against lower seeds, and needed some lucky breaks to win.
                        I feel that's how most tournament games go.

Comment

I'm glad I waited until now to post. Tbh, this game was this team's m.o... They played with fire too many times and finally got burned. Sucks so bad because they had the potential to be really good and it would have been fun to see if Daum could lead us to that elusive March Madness victory.

There's a lot of blame to go around... Freshman looked like freshman on a big stage, Daum was really affected by the physical play that Gilbeck and co. brought and the refs let it happen, Flatten went cold at a bad time, TJ could have made some adjustments earlier, aeven King and Jenkins who had good games... they both missed crucial free throws down the stretch.

Sooo much went wrong, and we still had an open look to put it into OT that rimmed out. That's how upsets like this happen. Credit to WIU, they had a great gameplan and executed it well. Those guys made a lot of really tough shots down the stretch and didn't back down when it looked like we were about to take over the game.

Let's go have some fun in the NIT and enjoy watching the greatest SDSU basketball player ever play at least one more game.

Comment

I haven't read anything to this point.

1. Fans were poor. No noise. No energy,
                            2. Tevin played well. With that being said State should never have a game where he shoots more than Daum. NEVER!
                            3. TJ probably one of his worst games. Nothing worked for 35 minutes and nothing changed.
                            4. Struggled the entire first half and couldn't figure out a way to get Daum a shot.

As you can see I', really frustrated watching Mike's career end with 10 shots and one from 3. I just don't understand.....

Go Rabbits!
                            Last edited by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit; 03-10-2019, 01:38 PM. Reason: Intoxicated - Bad tying

Comment

How weird is it that Krueger never playbe a meaningful conference minute until tonight? !?!? When your season hinges on 3 games in a end of season tourney you should be prepared for those possibilities. I can’t wrap my head it.

To Krueger’s credit he played very hard and pretty fearless. Impressed with his effort.

Comment

Fans were absolutely horrible tonight as well. Least energy I’ve seen in a summit game - when we needed it most.

People took for granted what we had. Hate to say it but it’s possible we already peaked as a program. Sad night.

Comment

Working...
                                X