Summit Post-Season Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Post-Season Awards

The awards announced today went about the way I expected, except I thought Tevin King got royally screwed. There is no way that there are 16 players that had a bigger effect on the way the league standings shook out than TK. I know that if I had to choose between Kobe Webster, Tristan Simpson, Vinny Shahid and Tevin for who I wanted to run my team, it would be a very quick decision.

Re: Summit Post-Season Awards

Tevin has been screwed every year. Rebounds, assists, high percentage shooting, and great defense apparently don't get you mentioned. All that matters apparently is PPG. Ridiculous. Everything Tevin does is for the TEAM! What kind of message does that send to your players?

Comment

I thought same thing. How does he not get honorable mention.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Tevin will need to do the same thing Nate had to do when ORU's Morrison took the POY rather than Nate. It was the year the Golden Eagles flew to the Southland. WIU #4 seed knocked the #1 ORU out in the semis. Nate came back and took the honors at the SLT as MVP in the OT win. Tevin was more than deserving of recognition leading the conference winning team to another first place. Hopefully he can lead this group to another SLT Championship.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I suppose a lot of the voters rely pretty heavily on the stats sheets and only get a good look at each team a couple of times. TK excels in the dirty work, especially on defense - where he is absolutely invaluable to the league’s best team. It’s a shame he did not get officially recognized. Gilbeck’s gaudy shot blocking numbers won him DPY. That’s great, but get him 10’ from the basket and he’s a defensive liability. TK can shut down the other teams leading scorer all over the floor in a guard-driven league. We’ve been lucky to have him.

Comment

Honestly, it turns into a PPG contest. We run into the same things in HS.

Kids from a below average team that avg 12 ppg, will get on before the kid who averages 9 ppg on a better team, who also leads the team in assists and steals... and guards the other teams top players.

It's dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              Honestly, it turns into a PPG contest. We run into the same things in HS.

Kids from a below average team that avg 12 ppg, will get on before the kid who averages 9 ppg on a better team, who also leads the team in assists and steals... and guards the other teams top players.

It's dumb.
              If you want to look at an interesting stat, check out the number of shots TK has taken compared to the other 3 pg's I mentioned. 225 shots less than Webster, 100 less than Simpson and 75 less than Shahid.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment about Tevin K. At a minimum, he was the defensive player of the year. He has repeatedly proven himself to be one of the top dozen, overall players in the conference.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  I agree with the sentiment about Tevin K. At a minimum, he was the defensive player of the year. He has repeatedly proven himself to be one of the top dozen, overall players in the conference.
                  Tk should be honorable mention at minimum. Who would you pick on the list of HM before you picked TK. For me it would be TK and TBM a close second probably.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                  X