Craig Smith - Utah State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Smith - Utah State

Craig Smith’s Utah State team beat Nevada last night and probably into an at large bid if they don’t win the Mountain West tourney.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Craig Smith - Utah State

This article was before the win over Nevada.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-his-speed.amp
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Apparently things got pretty heated after Utah State fans stormed the court. Listen around the 1:05 mark is the Nevada coach accusing a Utah State coach of saying f-you during the handshake line? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJYUktd18Vo

Comment

More from sbnation.
        https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...nguisher-video

Comment

Hopefully they get a rematch in the conference tourney. That will be a must see.

Im a Craig Smith fan. Hope they get in and win a game or two. What the heck, im an Austin Hansen fan too.

Comment

I've had 74 years of people dropping the f-bomb on me and haven't reacted yet (well maybe they didn't do it in preschool). Have I missed something?

Comment

The Nevada coach is a well known hot head and not well liked. Probably plays a part in all of this. And considering he's pulling in 4 and 5 star recruits into Nevada I'm guessing he's not doing it within the confines of the NCAA rule book. That is pure speculation on my part but it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. He's the guy that coached the Rapid City CBA team (Thrillers I think) back when they were pretty good way back in 80s or early 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                The Nevada coach is a well known hot head and not well liked. Probably plays a part in all of this. And considering he's pulling in 4 and 5 star recruits into Nevada I'm guessing he's not doing it within the confines of the NCAA rule book. That is pure speculation on my part but it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. He's the guy that coached the Rapid City CBA team (Thrillers I think) back when they were pretty good way back in 80s or early 90s.
                Maybe, but I really like Musselman. He was great back in the day when the Thrillers killed the Skyforce. You could tell he was a stud coach when I was 9. He's doing the transfer thing, it can work or it doesn't.

I have no use for Craig Smith, Stu Morrill used to have UT St be a good team back in the day using all transfers.
                Smith is a user, use the school for his next paycheck. He is in the Time Miles mold.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                  Maybe, but I really like Musselman. He was great back in the day when the Thrillers killed the Skyforce. You could tell he was a stud coach when I was 9. He's doing the transfer thing, it can work or it doesn't.

I have no use for Craig Smith, Stu Morrill used to have UT St be a good team back in the day using all transfers.
                  Smith is a user, use the school for his next paycheck. He is in the Time Miles mold.
                  I am a Smith fan sort of, but seems like Thorson had an assistant whose father was once upon a time a U of Minnesota head coach, I dont think his name was Musselman. Seems like his first name was Brian. My memory not so good this morning, and I am digressing. BTownJack does raise some interesting issues regarding Eric Musselman and his recruiting. What is there to do in Reno besides playing the slots and blackjack? I don't think the U of Nevada fans are as clean and wholesome as those of us in the Brookings area. (Which includes the SF area.)
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 03-04-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I am a Smith fan sort of, but seems like Thorson had an assistant whose father was once upon a time a U of Minnesota head coach, I dont think his name was Musselman. Seems like his first name was Brian. My memory not so good this morning, and I am digressing. BTownJack does raise some interesting issues regarding Eric Musselman and his recruiting. What is there to do in Reno besides playing the slots and blackjack? I don't think the U of Nevada fans are as clean and wholesome as those of us in the Brookings area. (Which includes the SF area.)
                    Brian Dutcher ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Brian Dutcher ?
                      Yes thank You. I wonder what happened to him. A real clean cut guy. Back to the thread. I think Smith is earning his keep. When he stops winning, his phone will stop ringing.

Comment

Yes thank You. I wonder what happened to him. A real clean cut guy. Back to the thread. I think Smith is earning his keep. When he stops winning, his phone will stop ringing.
                        I will answer my question with the google on Brian Dutcher. He is head coach at SDSU, the other one and has a nice tan. and coaches against Craig Smith.

Comment

Eric’s father was Bill Musselman who coached at Minnesota and several other stops. Eric married a Rapid City woman when he was there. Don’t know if they are still together. He was head coach in the NBA at both Golden State and Sacramento for a period before going to Nevada.

Comment

Musselman is a known hothead, who definitely rubs people the wrong way.

He's also an excellent BB coach.

Good for Craig Smith. Maybe there will be some fireworks during the Mountain West Tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Musselman is a known hothead, who definitely rubs people the wrong way.

He's also an excellent BB coach.

Good for Craig Smith. Maybe there will be some fireworks during the Mountain West Tournament?
                              Hopefully a huge brawl during the tourney. A few Nevada guys get suspended from the team and then get paired with the Jackrabbits in the bracket. You heard it here first ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X