Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regular Season Finale/Senior Day: Jackrabbits(13-2) v The Fighting Leathernecks(4-11)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regular Season Finale/Senior Day: Jackrabbits(13-2) vs The Fighting Leathernecks(

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Three wins against WIU in a season. Is there enough gas left in the tank to do it? Yes I hope so! Their accuracy on 3 pt. shot is dangerous or is our perimeter defense lacking?
    Western shot 50% (11-22) on threes and still only scored 66 points and lost by 20. It looked like the Jacks defensive game plan was to double down on Gilbeck to keep Daum out of foul trouble, and take the chance that the Necks couldn't do enough damage from the perimeter to keep them in the game. They shot considerably better than their season average, and still lost by 20. I would expect the defense not to change much in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Re: Regular Season Finale/Senior Day: Jackrabbits(13-2) vs The Fighting Leathernecks(

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Western shot 50% (11-22) on threes and still only scored 66 points and lost by 20. It looked like the Jacks defensive game plan was to double down on Gilbeck to keep Daum out of foul trouble, and take the chance that the Necks couldn't do enough damage from the perimeter to keep them in the game. They shot considerably better than their season aver, and still lost by 20. I would expect the defense not to change much in Sioux Falls.
      I hope your are right. Having only WNAX audio and live stats from GoJacks, It gave me time to absorb what was going on. Granted, WIU wasn’t a good team in Macomb. What did come through was the improvement of their rookie players. Particularly, Johnson, who Tyler mention played on one top high school teams in Chicago. Johnson, Webster and Pyle are early in their careers and will be back next year. Fifty percent from the 3 is pretty good in my opinion. There wasn’t much other experienced talent to compliment the dirty one, Gilsbeck, but talent is developing. I was not at the game, but wish had been. Btw there is a time delay between the WNAX and the live stats. The stats are ahead by a minute or two. Hopefully the
      SL tourney will be on ESPN. I hope I don’t witness a first round upset.

Comment

I hope they do develop since they're relatively close. Actually liked the team when Molinari was coach. Competent if boring.

Comment

Just looked at the highlight video. Obviously it's Jacks' and not WIU highlights. It looks to me that this is not a poorly coached D1 team. To me it looks like a sub .500 D2 team. Again only saw them in December. I've heard Billy can recruit so maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
            Just looked at the highlight video. Obviously it's Jacks' and not WIU highlights. It looks to me that this is not a poorly coached D1 team. To me it looks like a sub .500 D2 team. Again only saw them in December. I've heard Billy can recruit so maybe I'm wrong.
            Tyler Merriman does a great job on the radio. He mentioned Billy was a big star at Bradley. I do think he has some good recruits in Webster and Johnson. Another good recruiting class and WIU is back in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Tyler Merriman does a great job on the radio. He mentioned Billy was a big star at Bradley. I do think he has some good recruits in Webster and Johnson. Another good recruiting class and WIU is back in business.
              Billy has some good players on the roster. The big guys are not the best on defense as they reach on defense rather than move on their feet. Pile and Gilbeck are able to shoot their respective shots well. Currently Billy has posted 47-93 record in 5 years which is a shade over 9 wins per year. WIU has been patient for the wins. Molanari could be accused of leaving the cupboard bare as he left the last season with 10-20 mark and some injured players who had troubles fielding a practice squad.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                Billy has some good players on the roster. The big guys are not the best on defense as they reach on defense rather than move on their feet. Pile and Gilbeck are able to shoot their respective shots well. Currently Billy has posted 47-93 record in 5 years which is a shade over 9 wins per year. WIU has been patient for the wins. Molanari could be accused of leaving the cupboard bare as he left the last season with 10-20 mark and some injured players who had troubles fielding a practice squad.
                Time really flies. Billy is in his fifth season? I would guess that this is his second season, but what do I know? Not much and Billy might be on his way out. Not a good record.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoJacksSD...52798975447040

Flashback. I remember Griffs 3 well.

I would love to watch a couple of the old SLT title games again.

Comment

Western doesn't play poorly coached. And they aren't without talent. Especially their young guys.

They do foul a lot. And I mean a lot. And they get sloppy with the ball. More undisciplined than anything. I guess you can say that falls on coaching.

It was a good win. They shot the ball really well, and yes, they were left open some, but #10 in particular was stroking it. They switched Tevin onto him in the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Western shot 50% (11-22) on threes and still only scored 66 points and lost by 20. It looked like the Jacks defensive game plan was to double down on Gilbeck to keep Daum out of foul trouble, and take the chance that the Necks couldn't do enough damage from the perimeter to keep them in the game. They shot considerably better than their season average, and still lost by 20. I would expect the defense not to change much in Sioux Falls.
                      Don't most teams have some of their best shooting nights against us? Serious questions for the Stats nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Don't most teams have some of their best shooting nights against us? Serious questions for the Stats nerds.
                        Yep. Frost is good gym for special dimensions etc. Other teams also shoot well like metro and their aussie soph I think went for 30 something had best game of his career. Os that the game schantz got fouled but wasnt called on a full court pass. Kangas from Oakland seemed to light us up. Same reason why teams struggled at the dome. Spacial awareness depth perception is different in a basketball arena compared to a football arena. I know players have complained about it for NCAA games.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Yep. Frost is good gym for special dimensions etc. Other teams also shoot well like metro and their aussie soph I think went for 30 something had best game of his career. Os that the game schantz got fouled but wasnt called on a full court pass. Kangas from Oakland seemed to light us up. Same reason why teams struggled at the dome. Spacial awareness depth perception is different in a basketball arena compared to a football arena. I know players have complained about it for NCAA games.
                          specifically this year I meant.

Comment

The stats don’t appear to reflect that, as opponent 3pt % was 34.1.

That is 173 in the nation, but towards the top of the Summit. Denver is last nationally at 41%. Congrats to that **** show.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The wrap for MBB
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfT99KzDf18
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                                The stats don’t appear to reflect that, as opponent 3pt % was 34.1.

That is 173 in the nation, but towards the top of the Summit. Denver is last nationally at 41%. Congrats to that **** show.
                                thank you for the clarification, My perception was different then reality. we could put our hands up though.

Comment

Working...
                                X