• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching Staff Update

https://www.google.com/amp/s/azdaily...d800a.amp.html

Comment

Cool. An experienced running back coach who's apparently also a top-notch recruiter.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Somewhat surprised it hasn’t been released unless there is a certain date they have to wait until they make it public.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
          Somewhat surprised it hasn’t been released unless there is a certain date they have to wait until they make it public.
          There must be something of this nature holding up the announcement. None-the-less I would expect to see more recruits from Arizona with this addition. With head coaching changes, there are a number of good candidates out looking for a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            There must be something of this nature holding up the announcement. None-the-less I would expect to see more recruits from Arizona with this addition. With head coaching changes, there are a number of good candidates out looking for a job.
            Is Arizona his recruiting area?

Comment

They are probably just waiting to fill the 2nd vacancy and will announce both together.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Is Arizona his recruiting area?
                I don’t know. It makes sense to use his background for Arizona recruiting. Just saying. I would expect Coach Stig will have bunch of re-arranging amongst his recruiting assignments plus along with the unnamed coach.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 03-15-2019, 12:36 PM.

Comment

From the link posted about Coach Beal hire :

Beal spent time coaching running backs and tight ends for most of his career in Flagstaff, and was one of Northern Arizona's top recruiters during his time with the program.

It would seem odd if Coach Stig did not tap into this past experience.

Comment

Jimmy Beal was listed the RB coach in the roster sheet for the spring game. Spencer Erickson, former defensive quality control staffer, was listed as a defensive assistant. Dan Jackson carries the most titles, including assistant head coach. He also coaches cornerbacks and special teams, and is the recruiting coordinator.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Looks like Coach Beal going to coach at his Alma Mater Montana St.

Comment

Sounds like there will be more coaches on the move.

Comment

I'd hate to have a staff of assistants that no other team wanted or pursued. That's certainly not the case with the Jackrabbits. Still, it hurts to lose the good ones.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

The one I worry about is jackson. How he recruits would be hard to lose him.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              The one I worry about is jackson. How he recruits would be hard to lose him.
                              I agree. I hope Jackson becomes the Jacks' next head coach in a couple of years, after Stig retires. Even if Jackson leaves for a season or two, I hope he comes back to succeed Stig.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

I agree. I hope Jackson becomes the Jacks' next head coach in a couple of years, after Stig retires. Even if Jackson leaves for a season or two, I hope he comes back to succeed Stig.
                                Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Dan Jackson fan, but it's pretty unlikely he will be a Dovision 1 head coach without first being a coordinator or D2 head coach. Going from a position coach straoght to head coach is very rare.

Comment

Working...
                                X