Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: March Madness 2019

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    What ifs. What if we had beaten Baylor and/or Oregon.
    I've definitely had this same thought. We keep creeping up the seed lines year after year making us all wonder if one day we will be a top-4 or better seed someday. That would be something special!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Who should we be cheering for to potentially move up?

Current projected 5 seeds: Missouri, Marquette (won't pass them), Gonzaga, Arizona State
      Current projected 6 seeds: UCLA, Florida State, Kentucky, SDSU
      I'd say Gonzaga ,they barely beat St Marys 78-77 (2 OT ) in their semi and lost in their Conf championship game to BYU (3rd loss to them this season 0-3). Only if the Selection Committee truly evaluates teams on their last performances, as they say they do, for seeding purposes. I don't expect them to give us any gifts though, I think if we get a six seed, we ought to thank our lucky stars.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        I think if we get a six seed, we ought to thank our lucky stars.
        This. I'll believe the prediction when I see it actually happen

Comment

Captain Obvious would much rather be a 6-seed playing a 3-seed if we win. Rather than 7 playing a 2. That whole fine line in WBB where the quality really starts to fall off in that 8-12 range.

Comment

HeroSports.com has us ranked #12 FWIW,

Comment

How about both SDSU & USD both win a couple games so they start taking us seriously instead of looking at us as the little try-hards from the state no one cares about?

Punch 'em in the mouth, ladies!

Comment

I'd say Gonzaga ,they barely beat St Marys 78-77 (2 OT ) in their semi and lost in their Conf championship game to BYU (3rd loss to them this season 0-3). Only if the Selection Committee truly evaluates teams on their last performances, as they say they do, for seeding purposes. I don't expect them to give us any gifts though, I think if we get a six seed, we ought to thank our lucky stars.
                re: Gonzaga wonder if they will take into consideration Townsend's foot is in a cast and Stockton in a big knee brace?

Comment

Originally posted by dubldrible View Post
                  re: Gonzaga wonder if they will take into consideration Townsend's foot is in a cast and Stockton in a big knee brace?
                  Per the third item on the "Did You Know" section on the attached link, late season injuries are taken into account. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...101-selections

Also, here is a link to the team sheets and other resources the committee used to select the 64 team field. https://extra.ncaa.org/solutions/rpi...ages/Home.aspx
                  USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    I've definitely had this same thought. We keep creeping up the seed lines year after year making us all wonder if one day we will be a top-4 or better seed someday. That would be something special!
                    Gonzaga earlier were sure looking like they were going to crack the mid-major #4 seed barrier (getting to host 1st and 2nd round games), but they've dropped off some lately.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-14-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dubldrible View Post
                      This link deals directly with your question

Comment

This link deals directly with your question
                        This bracket appear to have Jacks as 5 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

Oh yah, cool, I didn't notice that.....hope so! Another gem, playing Iowa St in Ames,if we get by Quinnipiac, there probably would be a lot of Jacks fans, I'd assume, if this came about

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

This one also has USD as a 6. I think they get in, but that seems a bit high to me.

Comment

In order to get a close ( Ames or Iowa City ) game, the Jacks would need to get a #5 seed (Iowa State is projected as a 4 ) or a #7 seed ( Iowa is a 2 ). According the the final bracketology the Jacks are right in-between at a 6.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.heros...h-madness-byby

Here is a site that has projected game results and has us advancing to the Sweet 16. But then their site has us ranked pretty high. It’s good to see that the women have some national eyes on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X