GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

It would be great if Frost filled as well as the men's game. The weather may keep some home. Likely more red will be visible today since only a trace of red could be found yesterday. The yotes come in ranked at #23. It is not unusual to find ranked teams visiting Frost only to be dispatched with a loss. The yotes definitely have a talented group that can go deep where an unlikely face can turn the game. There is a chance another overtime could happen and 100 points are scored. There is also a chance the Jackrabbits have 5 players disqualified with 3 of those players having a seat in regulation. I am going to put on my colored glasses and believe that the biggest chance is that the Jackrabbits win against another ranked team at Frost. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+ 1pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

I've been watching the weather and the forecasts have remained quite steady. So, I'm leaning against driving down from Watertown. We have some strong winds in Waatertown this morning but we should avoid new snow and will not have the same blizzard conditions that are forecasted for Brookings County and south. We may have friends who are of the red-wearing stripe, over to watch on TV with WNAX providing info too.

I'm concerned that the weather forecasts will drastically affect attendance. I think ticket sales have been very good so the Jacks get the revenue! Between WNAX and Midco, I'll survive. For all the Jacks fans from south of Brookings, it may be a tough travel day.

Predictions: With SDSU counting, ticket sales 5,500; actual attendance 2,500. Final score: SDSU 83, USD 71.
    If USD officials were in charge of the counting: ticket sales would be 8,000 and actual attendance 9500. Final score still SDSU 83, USD 71.

Comment

Jacks need to avoid the foul trouble they had in Vermillion. In that game they picked up a boatload of fouls getting tangled up with Sjerven up high at the foul line ( many times when she wasn't set IMO.) Larson and Selland need to stay in the game for the Jacks to win.

Comment

https://www.argusleader.com/story/bl...sd/2953462002/
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I've been watching the weather and the forecasts have remained quite steady. So, I'm leaning against driving down from Watertown. We have some strong winds in Waatertown this morning but we should avoid new snow and will not have the same blizzard conditions that are forecasted for Brookings County and south. We may have friends who are of the red-wearing stripe, over to watch on TV with WNAX providing info too.

I'm concerned that the weather forecasts will drastically affect attendance. I think ticket sales have been very good so the Jacks get the revenue! Between WNAX and Midco, I'll survive. For all the Jacks fans from south of Brookings, it may be a tough travel day.

Predictions: With SDSU counting, ticket sales 5,500; actual attendance 2,500. Final score: SDSU 83, USD 71.
          If USD officials were in charge of the counting: ticket sales would be 8,000 and actual attendance 9500. Final score still SDSU 83, USD 71.

It kills me to not be in Frost today, but when virtually all of I-29 from Vermillion to Brookings is covered by a Blizzard Warning, I’m out. That has to affect a bunch of us from down south.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            It kills me to not be in Frost today, but when virtually all of I-29 from Vermillion to Brookings is covered by a Blizzard Warning, I’m out. That has to affect a bunch of us from down south.
            I may have some friends looking for tickets if you don't want yours to go un used?

Comment

We are going to miss the game too. We stayed in SF last night but have decided to go home instead of North. Roads are aweful and so is visibility. Our 45 min drive might take 2 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                I may have some friends looking for tickets if you don't want yours to go un used?
                I was going with GA seating so I can’t help you there. There are probably plenty of others with tickets available though. I really thought they might postpone this game watching the forecast trend downward over the past 48 hours. A couple of the North Dakota games were moved earlier this year.

Comment

How would you get somebody tickets now?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    How would you get somebody tickets now?
                    I have two GA tickets and am waiting to hear if they're going to be used...I'm not going to make it to Brookings. I had purchased the tickets online so I can email the pdfs and the ticket takers can read the ticket bar codes from one's phones. JUSTWIN OR ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED: I will check and see if my tickets are going to be used...if they aren't, I'll post another message that they're available (free too!).

Comment

I have two Gen Admission tickets available for today's game. If someone is thinking about buying GA tickets at the door, I can email or text message the tickets to you. They're free.

Comment

Looks like (watching on Midco) a great crowd. Frost Arena is such a classic venue and when the crowd is into the game, it's a tough place for visitors. USD's Coach P commented on that pregame. Of course, this USD team plays with a lot of confidence and they won't let the crowd affect them much.

Comment

Got to keep a person close to Duffy when she's parked out on the perimeter waiting for a kick-out.Having to run at her from 15' away won't cut it , it's going in.Taking a lot of threes, would like to see us be able to work it in a little more, get the shooters more breathing room.They are a tough nut to crack defensively. Rebounds and to's are always important in games where teams are evenly matched. Any statistical category a team can manage to hold an advantage plays a huge role in who will win.

Comment

SDSU’s interior passing so far hasn’t been good

Comment

At the end of the first quarter, USD 17, SDSU 13.

We have a few things to work on.

Comment

Working...
                              X