No announcement yet.

GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

Been reading the Dog board. It is funny to read their comments. They have to be one of the most sanctimonious group of people out there. The Napoleon complex runs strong amongst them.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      Been reading the Dog board. It is funny to read their comments. They have to be one of the most sanctimonious group of people out there. The Napoleon complex runs strong amongst them.
      I think they think the same of us. And i dont even know what sanctimonious means.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        They like to make fun of Frost. How many times have we had the nations longest winning streak on the mens side? I will take our home court advantage over their new arena

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          They like to make fun of Frost. How many times have we had the nations longest winning streak on the mens side? I will take our home court advantage over their new arena
          As I have attended games in the Dome for basketball, that venue for basketball would need to search long and wide to find another that was as dismal. I sit in Frost and I can see the game very well.. SCSC is going from the slums without heat, running water, and electricity to Heaven.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

granted, i have only seen pics and the video tour of the SCSC.....but, looks pretty impressive to me (and i am sure awful impressive to the recruits compared to the ol' dome set up).

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              Just wait until the renovation happens. For now, they have one better facility than us, but a year and a half from now(ish), they'll once again be jealous of every single facility we have that is better than theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Just wait until the renovation happens. For now, they have one better facility than us, but a year and a half from now(ish), they'll once again be jealous of every single facility we have that is better than theirs.
                I'm particularly fond of their wrestling and baseball facilities...

*I'll show myself the door...
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

The Coyotes' (relatively) new basketball arena is very nice. It uses space efficiently, and the sight lines are great. But it's a cookie-cutter arena. The only thing unique is the color scheme and logos.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    The Coyotes' (relatively) new basketball arena is very nice. It uses space efficiently, and the sight lines are great. But it's a cookie-cutter arena. The only thing unique is the color scheme and logos.
                    Plus they spent all that money and didn't even get a center video display like they wanted because of a design mistake. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Plus they spent all that money and didn't even get a center video display like they wanted because of a design mistake. Lol
                      I hope that SDSU put some time in and has been thinking off all of this type of stuff.
                      When they first remodeled Frost, they had the seats behind the scorers table too hight so if you sat up top, you could not see the whole court. When we played Indiania in the WNIT some of their fans wanted to move to the other side so they could see the whole court but they were having problems because that isn't where their tickets are. I think the least were put in incorrectly but the construction company but could be wrong about that.
                      How many seats do you put in for a student section? I know that students don't follow sports like they used to but just giving them the two lower level areas behind the basket seems like not much seating to me.
                      I'm sure there are many other things such as restrooms, concessions stands, suites and stuff like that, etc..

My attempt to get us back to the thread is that both teams should be ranked, they should make it to the finals and they should make the NCAA tourney. They are just both that good and they are both that even so I am expecting another great game.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        I hope that SDSU put some time in and has been thinking off all of this type of stuff.
                        When they first remodeled Frost, they had the seats behind the scorers table too hight so if you sat up top, you could not see the whole court. When we played Indiania in the WNIT some of their fans wanted to move to the other side so they could see the whole court but they were having problems because that isn't where their tickets are. I think the least were put in incorrectly but the construction company but could be wrong about that.
                        How many seats do you put in for a student section? I know that students don't follow sports like they used to but just giving them the two lower level areas behind the basket seems like not much seating to me.
                        I'm sure there are many other things such as restrooms, concessions stands, suites and stuff like that, etc..

My attempt to get us back to the thread is that both teams should be ranked, they should make it to the finals and they should make the NCAA tourney. They are just both that good and they are both that even so I am expecting another great game.
                        The seats at the very top where the fans couldn't see the whole court should have been eliminated, and assuming the rest of the seats is where the fans had sight to the entire court, should have been kept the way they were.But, if I recall,they wanted more space behind the scorers table too, correct me if I'm wrong on that.That's why the seating capacity was lowered so drastically I think.It has to be re-designed with two things in mind, sight lines and maximum capacity. If it's to be re-designed (renovated), I hope we can get it done where the seats are comfortable and have good sight lines, without sacrificing too much capacity (ability to gain revenue ).I have faith they can choose a new design that accomplishes both of these criteria, maximizing revenue potential without sacrificing comfort and good sight lines.

Comment

I wouldn’t worry about max capacity, 4,500 to 5,000 is enough. Focus on amenities for season ticket holders and the experience for students. Those two groups are paying most of the bills.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            I wouldn’t worry about max capacity, 4,500 to 5,000 is enough. Focus on amenities for season ticket holders and the experience for students. Those two groups are paying most of the bills.
                            Agree

Comment

While we're at it, could anyone provide a timeline and some details of the Frost renovations? I saw those renderings awhile back, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

Comment

Leg room and chair width are important features. They didn't factor that in the renovated Bison arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X