No announcement yet.

GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    After the Wyoming loss I was crucified for mentioning that it was still possible for the Jacks to get an at-large bid. It continues to amaze me how low this board gets on teams during and after losses.
    That is far from a bad loss. Wyoming is always a tough place to play, and they have another good team this year as well. Wyoming is currently 18-5 and 11-3 in conference play. There's a decent chance Wyoming is a NCAA tourney team this year. Currently sitting at #46 in RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      That would be the perfect time to put them back in their place. I wonder if being ranked got to their heads a little bit. Until they beat us consistently and until they win the conference tourney consistently we are still the better program no matter what they think their ranking is.
      I had to make sure that this was the WBB thread not the MBB thread.
      I do agree that USD hasn't matched up well with SDSU when it comes to the conference tournament but the total win-loss records have been about even over the last 6 years. They are the team I worry about the most when conference season comes around most years. Last year, they went undefeated in (regular season) conference play but last year was about like this year where you only have to beat the other team to accomplish that feat. I don't know what happened to USD against Denver and almost twice against Oral Roberts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I had to make sure that this was the WBB thread not the MBB thread.
        I do agree that USD hasn't matched up well with SDSU when it comes to the conference tournament but the total win-loss records have been about even over the last 6 years. They are the team I worry about the most when conference season comes around most years. Last year, they went undefeated in (regular season) conference play but last year was about like this year where you only have to beat the other team to accomplish that feat. I don't know what happened to USD against Denver and almost twice against Oral Roberts this year.
        Going even against a good team is fine and we have struggled to beat them also. But I get the feel from usd fans they think they are still a better program and its somehow the refs and Tom douple etc trying to screw them over. Both teams have had a good year we had a harder schedule and frankly both team should be ranked. If they have a couples years winning the summit league tourney then I think they will have momentum but track record shows we are better still in the long run.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          After the Wyoming loss I was crucified for mentioning that it was still possible for the Jacks to get an at-large bid. It continues to amaze me how low this board gets on teams during and after losses.
          You need to get with the times, man! Any loss is always the end of the world on a message board (or even some near losses, in the case of our men's team). It brings people who barely post out of the woodwork to tell us how the team is garbage, coaches suck, no defense, too many swing passes, the players have no heart etc. It's Bisonville-lite here at those times.

A 6-seed would be amazing. Hopefully that prediction at least means we can avoid 8-9 territory. Being so high at this point make me wonder what would have been if we had reversed one of those single digit losses to Baylor or Oregon. Given where they still sit today (especially Baylor) it's not crazy to think that we'd be right on the bubble of the top-16 and hosting the opening round at Frost.

Comment

Anyone recall what we were seeded Jen Warkenthien's senior year (08-09)? That's the year we beat the daylights out of TCU in the first round of the NCAA Tourney and we were handling Baylor just fine until Baylor's Coach M worked the refs perfectly (from Baylor's point of view) and totally got us off our game because of too many phantom fouls (I think I still may have video proof). Anyway, that version of the Jacks was ranked as high as 19 (overall, not just mid-major) and stayed in the top 25 for 11 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Anyone recall what we were seeded Jen Warkenthien's senior year (08-09)? That's the year we beat the daylights out of TCU in the first round of the NCAA Tourney and we were handling Baylor just fine until Baylor's Coach M worked the refs perfectly (from Baylor's point of view) and totally got us off our game because of too many phantom fouls (I think I still may have video proof). Anyway, that version of the Jacks was ranked as high as 19 (overall, not just mid-major) and stayed in the top 25 for 11 weeks.
              We were a 7 that year. Two losses going into the tourney IIRC.

Comment

16 in AP Poll.
                14 in Coaches Poll (if Wikepedia is correct).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E...tball_rankings

Comment

Ahh...the good old days when SDSU WBB could still sneak up on teams and blindside them.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Going even against a good team is fine and we have struggled to beat them also. But I get the feel from usd fans they think they are still a better program and its somehow the refs and Tom douple etc trying to screw them over. Both teams have had a good year we had a harder schedule and frankly both team should be ranked. If they have a couples years winning the summit league tourney then I think they will have momentum but track record shows we are better still in the long run.
                    I guess I have not read the opinion of any USD fan about last nights game.
                    I agree with what jackdanial said about fan bases having both good and bad fans. I'm sure not all of their fans think the world is out to get them.

Comment

• Re: GDT Showdown Series: Jackrabbits(13-1) vs #23 Coyotes(12-1) @ Frost Arena

Latest AP Poll has USD out of top 25 but with the most votes at 26. SDSU has 25 votes.

So basically USD is ranked #26 and SDSU is ranked #27.

Drake is ranked #23

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        Latest AP Poll has USD out of top 25 but with the most votes at 26. SDSU has 25 votes.

So basically USD is ranked #26 and SDSU is ranked #27.

Drake is ranked #23
                        Also UCLA moved to 25th with 11 losses but has win over Oregon.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

That was a fantastic basketball game. Both games between these two have been classics.

It should be a war in Sioux Falls.

USD has a really good team and are very well coached. Same with the Jacks.

Can't wait for the SLT!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

watched chloe lamb's final two shots in regulation. i'm amazed how the first one popped out. especially when seeing the replay from floor level and from behind. maybe a half-inch difference between a "W" for usd and an "L" for jacks, but.........fact is it did pop out.

Comment

Originally posted by dubldrible View Post
                              watched chloe lamb's final two shots in regulation. i'm amazed how the first one popped out. especially when seeing the replay from floor level and from behind. maybe a half-inch difference between a "W" for usd and an "L" for jacks, but.........fact is it did pop out.
                              She's really good. She would have looked good in blue and yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by dubldrible View Post
                                Right when I saw the replay it sure looked like it was going to go. Funny how the ball bounces that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X