No announcement yet.

GDT Corn Showdown Series:Jackrabbits(12-2) vs the Varmints(5-8) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT Corn Showdown Series:Jackrabbits(12-2) vs the Varmints(5-8) @ Frost Arena

TK’s signature game. He took charge like a senior should. Well done.

USD had definitely had their chance tonight. Zero threes made by the Jacks two leading scorers, Daum in foul trouble, plus USD shot like the Golden State Warriors in that first half. It’s unlikely any of those will happen again if there’s a third matchup in SF. I’ll give them credit for that shooting though.

3000 points - what an accomplishment. He got it on a huge basket too.

Comment

Re: GDT Corn Showdown Series:Jackrabbits(12-2) vs the Varmints(5-8) @ Frost Arena

I've been trying to figure out how we almost lost yesterday's game, should have lost against NDSU, and gave up a 16 point 2nd half lead against Omaha... and I've got a theory. The Summit League conspired with SDSU to boost summit league tournament attendance. Mystery solved. Expect blowout wins in every SLT game.

Comment

You’re not kidding about boosting everyone’s interest in the SLT. Jacks fans better buckle up because there’s not going to be any easy road through that tournament. I’m glad we’re getting plenty of tense late-game experience because we’re going to need it.

Comment

Thoughts?
          If you look at SDSU’s games recently the defense has been much better in the second half compared to the first. Just a thought here. Do you believe this is a product of the lack of depth on the team? Play soft in the first half. Stay out of foul trouble and hope your opponent is missing shots. With that being said, no matter the strategy, I don’t believe this team is a good defensive team. I don’t think they can get up and guard someone. Hopefully the shots are falling the next two weekends!

Telly was so underrated by the fan base. It’s easy to focus on offense.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
            Thoughts?
            If you look at SDSU’s games recently the defense has been much better in the second half compared to the first. Just a thought here. Do you believe this is a product of the lack of depth on the team? Play soft in the first half. Stay out of foul trouble and hope your opponent is missing shots. With that being said, no matter the strategy, I don’t believe this team is a good defensive team. I don’t think they can get up and guard someone. Hopefully the shots are falling the next two weekends!

Go Rabbits!
            Interesting you bring up Telly. He was a charge taking machine. I'm guessing he drew more charge calls last year than our team has taken total this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Interesting you bring up Telly. He was a charge taking machine. I'm guessing he drew more charge calls last year than our team has taken total this year.
              With how easy it is to get charges called this year we sure dont have dont many. Every game we get called for 3 or 4 and not sure we even get 1 agame on the other team.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Thoughts?

Go Rabbits!
                Tyler mentioned in his postgame show yesterday that while they gave up so many points in the first half, it did accomplish it's goal of reducing the number of fouls called. Mike Daum had the first Jackrabbit foul at the 11:45 mark in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  Tyler mentioned in his postgame show yesterday that while they gave up so many points in the first half, it did accomplish it's goal of reducing the number of fouls called. Mike Daum had the first Jackrabbit foul at the 11:45 mark in the first half.
                  When you play a soft zone that can happen. Your not going to foul much when they get open shots.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Telly was so underrated by the fan base.
                    No doubt. It was well known within the program that this years team wouldn't be as good as last year because of losing him. Of course the coaches can't come out and say that before the season but I think it's becoming more obvious every game. I think we still rise to the occasion in Sioux Falls but the list of teams that scare me has grown lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                      No doubt. It was well known within the program that this years team wouldn't be as good as last year because of losing him. Of course the coaches can't come out and say that before the season but I think it's becoming more obvious every game. I think we still rise to the occasion in Sioux Falls but the list of teams that scare me has grown lately.
                      Telly graduates that's a big loss and key doesn't come back that's a big loss. Now it's your seniors and djj and freshman filling those roles. Good thing flatten got his year of eligibility back.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                        The first round always seems to be closer than it should be. After that, anyone of the 4 teams that are left can win. Hopefully our crowd will help make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Telly graduates that's a big loss and key doesn't come back that's a big loss. Now it's your seniors and djj and freshman filling those roles. Good thing flatten got his year of eligibility back.
                          And it wasn't just Reed. Severyn and Theisen were available off the bench and both provided meaningful minutes when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            The first round always seems to be closer than it should be. After that, anyone of the 4 teams that are left can win. Hopefully our crowd will help make a difference.
                            Yup. Every year it seems we have a heart attack game or two.

Just off the top of my head: Last year vs. WIU, 2017 vs. USD and Omaha, 2016 vs. Oral Roberts and Denver (Imagine if Rosga hits those FTs).

It's never easy in Sioux Falls. That's where the large crowd comes into play.

Comment

Thoughts?

Go Rabbits!
                              You do this against teams with 2-3 bigs and you’re trying to protect Daum. A good example is Gonzaga a couple years ago. You don’t do it against inferior opponents. USD is terrible and the only chance they had is if they shot it well from outside. You can make an argument that USD would have shot it well if it was zone or man, but I think even the untrained eye can tell you they were giving up a ton of open threes.

I’m not a coach and obviously not there everyday, but I’m still really surprised they thought it was a good idea. But I think this team is way passed being a good defensive team and I think they needed to be coached harder throughout the year to get it right. Again, just a message board guys opinion.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                You do this against teams with 2-3 bigs and you’re trying to protect Daum. A good example is Gonzaga a couple years ago. You don’t do it against inferior opponents. USD is terrible and the only chance they had is if they shot it well from outside. You can make an argument that USD would have shot it well if it was zone or man, but I think even the untrained eye can tell you they were giving up a ton of open threes.

I’m not a coach and obviously not there everyday, but I’m still really surprised they thought it was a good idea. But I think this team is way passed being a good defensive team and I think they needed to be coached harder throughout the year to get it right. Again, just a message board guys opinion.
                                Weren’t many people complaining after the first game with USD.

Did we zone Gonzaga? I don’t remember that if we did.

Comment

Working...
                                X