No announcement yet.

GDT Corn Showdown Series:Jackrabbits(12-2) vs the Varmints(5-8) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT Corn Showdown Series:Jackrabbits(12-2) vs the Varmints(5-8) @ Frost Arena

And NDSU blows it by going nearly 5 minutes without scoring down the stretch

Comment

Re: GDT Corn Showdown Series:Jackrabbits(12-2) vs the Varmints(5-8) @ Frost Arena

A win is a win, but this team isn't close to as good as it was last year. /obvious statement alert
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Daum gets over 3K and the Jacks will pull it out. Not sure what to expect from this group at the tournament.

Comment

Dentlinger with some solid minutes in the first half. He needs to play. A defense/rebounding/screener first guy is what we lack big time IMO. Need a guy mucking it up down low. Plenty of scoring options.

Comment

Cue USD fans complaining about the officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
              Dentlinger with some solid minutes in the first half. He needs to play. A defense/rebounding/screener first guy is what we lack big time IMO. Need a guy mucking it up down low. Plenty of scoring options.
              Our offense just doesn’t flow with him out there. Some of that I’m sure is because we don’t play with him out there much. I agree we need to go deeper but with one regular season game left I’m afraid that ship has left the harbor.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                Cue USD fans complaining about the officiating.
                goes without saying. If they didn't want to get so many fouls called, they should have stopped fouling.

Honestly, the officiating was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Our offense just doesn’t flow with him out there. Some of that I’m sure is because we don’t play with him out there much. I agree we need to go deeper but with one regular season game left I’m afraid that ship has left the harbor.
                  He has an important role in the team. He is the 5th player on the court when we need to give Daum a rest. Anything more that we get from him on the offensive end is cake.

What really makes this team's offense go is that third scorer. Tonight it was TK. Most of the rest of the season it has been Sky. Our offense has been stagnant when we don't have that other player.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

1. Rivalry Game
                    2. Teams are always better at the end of the season, than the beginning of the season. (especially teams with a new coaching staff, like USD)
                    3. This isn't 2K, or some video game... Yes, the Jackrabbits are better than the coyotes, but give them credit, they shot lights out today.
                    4. I'm of the opinion that being challenged by tough games down the stretch is better for the team going into the tournament, than blowing everyone out.
                    5. USD is playing better...have been for a few weeks... give them credit.
                    6. Really wish NDSU could have pulled out that game.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                      goes without saying. If they didn't want to get so many fouls called, they should have stopped fouling.

Honestly, the officiating was fine.
                      I bet Joe Van Goor would disagree as often as he raised his arms in the air after a call against the yotes

Comment

Tevin f-in King. What a game from him. Showed flashes of how dynamic he can be on offense, but he defers so much because he's such a team player. He's one of my favorite Jacks ever. Awesome to see him have a game like this and get some recognition. He does so many good things for this team and has always been in the shadow of Daum and now Jenkins and even Flatten.

Comment

We should be happy. The Coyotes shot out of their heads the first half, and the Jacks came back from 16 points down to win. A good crowd shows up in bad weather. Daum breaks the historic 3,000 point mark. Tevin Kings plays a great game. The Jacks are still in first place. Great win!
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                            He can provide some good backup minutes, but he struggled today when USD moved their post out to the perimeter. If he can stick with playing down-low post defense he is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Tevin f-in King. What a game from him. Showed flashes of how dynamic he can be on offense, but he defers so much because he's such a team player. He's one of my favorite Jacks ever. Awesome to see him have a game like this and get some recognition. He does so many good things for this team and has always been in the shadow of Daum and now Jenkins and even Flatten.
                              At the luncheon TJ was very clear that this is tevins team. Not even close. Others get the press but in the locker room its king. His words were heart and soul of this team.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw578k7vFIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmZJnpM3sX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJgCfZur1O8
                                Last edited by OldHare; 02-23-2019, 10:00 PM.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X