No announcement yet.

GDT Corn Showdown Series:Jackrabbits(12-2) vs the Varmints(5-8) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT Corn Showdown Series:Jackrabbits(12-2) vs the Varmints(5-8) @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Weren’t many people complaining after the first game with USD.

Did we zone Gonzaga? I don’t remember that if we did.
    Not that we couldn't due the zone and take advantage again. But it wasnt long to see they were better prepared for it and we were not sharp in it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Re: GDT Corn Showdown Series:Jackrabbits(12-2) vs the Varmints(5-8) @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Not that we couldn't due the zone and take advantage again. But it wasnt long to see they were better prepared for it and we were not sharp in it.
      It didn’t work as well, we got out of it and won the game. I can only imagine the uproar if we would have went man the whole game and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        It didn’t work as well, we got out of it and won the game. I can only imagine the uproar if we would have went man the whole game and lost.
        Same if we stayed in the zone and lost.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Same if we stayed in the zone and lost.

No more talking about exclusive zone as that was the worst 10 game stretch I’ve watched.

we will be just fine in the summit. Getting a day break is huge for us, also we should be able to coast that first game and get some of our starters more rest than usual.

Comment

Telly graduates that's a big loss and key doesn't come back that's a big loss. Now it's your seniors and djj and freshman filling those roles. Good thing flatten got his year of eligibility back.
            That’s what worries me for next year. We are going to be young, small, not deep, and no mike daum.

Comment

I am asking a question I don't know the answer to. So if we make the big dance, and we play a team with big athletes, what do we do then?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                I am asking a question I don't know the answer to. So if we make the big dance, and we play a team with big athletes, what do we do then?
                We do what we did against Gonzaga, pack it in tight and pray they throw up bricks from three.

Comment

Right now the team has 1 week between games and another week after that. That will be great planning and great rest.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    Try to make them shoot 3s and try to outscore them by shooting really well from 3. That's all we can do. Such is life as a mid major basketball team. That's not to say it's impossible. You see it happen often and it's why it's called March Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                      That’s what worries me for next year. We are going to be young, small, not deep, and no mike daum.
                      It seems we are always worried about next year. But it all works out ok. My glass is usually half full(of wine)

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        It seems we are always worried about next year. But it all works out ok. My glass is usually half full(of wine)
                        Or completely full from March 9-12
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

As the coach has mentioned, playing zone for part of the game protected Daum, to a degree. He still got in foul trouble and had to put in bench time. Teams familiar with the Jacks surround Daum when the Jacks have the ball, and dribble at him when they've got the ball. So Daum often winds up in foul trouble. Other players have to step it up, and they usually do.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

We are lacking another big next to Daum. This will be more exposed in the NCAA Tournament if we get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                              No doubt. It was well known within the program that this years team wouldn't be as good as last year because of losing him. Of course the coaches can't come out and say that before the season but I think it's becoming more obvious every game. I think we still rise to the occasion in Sioux Falls but the list of teams that scare me has grown lately.
                              I guess I was hoping that one or two of TJ's seven freshmen would be able to come in and make a difference (this counts the redshirts). I guess you have Owen King and AA that are solid contributors but none of them have been making major contributors. You do have Daum and Jenkins Jr that shoot about 30 shots a game so they just might not be able to show their stuff.
                              If we lost Telly and the coaches think the team wouldn't be as good the next season, I wonder what the coaches will think after losing Daum, T. King and Flatten. Playing such a short bench isn't giving they younger players much experience for next year. There will be a juco and Grille amongst others so we might be fine but I would much rather lose Reed, Theisen and Lane instead of Daum, T. King and Flatten.
                              I think part of the problem is that Nagy didn't redshirt many players but TJ redshirts most of his players. Most of our freshmen on the bench would be sophomores this season and juniors next year if they didn't redshirt. I guess you should redshirt them if you are only going to play 6 guys. We wouldn't seem as young without holding them all out a season. Those things happen in transition.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                                Or completely full from March 9-12
                                Boy you got that right.

Comment

Working...
                                X