Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(11-2) vs dimunitiver pachyderms(9-4) @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    Here is the PFW Presser. This is as classy as it gets. Nice job Coach!

SUPERBUNNY
    He gets it. He knows the SLT is good for the league while some coaches bitch about the "home court" advantage SDSU gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Interesting new uniforms. The numbers are difficult to read, but they are flashy. its been a while since SDSU has appeared in yellow.
      They were military appreciation uniforms last night

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
        They were military appreciation uniforms last night
        And auctioned off after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            He gets it. He knows the SLT is good for the league while some coaches bitch about the "home court" advantage SDSU gets.
            You can tell he pays attention to the league and players. Konchar has to be my favorite non sdsu player in the league. To bad he didn't want to grad transfer here. Coffman made it a point that both konchar and daum could have left but stayed. Which is good for the league to not lose your 2 best players.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              You can tell he pays attention to the league and players. Konchar has to be my favorite non sdsu player in the league. To bad he didn't want to grad transfer here. Coffman made it a point that both konchar and daum could have left but stayed. Which is good for the league to not lose your 2 best players.
              I loved his quote about how they both could have been playing in the Duke/UNC game the other night. Thanks to both of them for finishing what they started and putting on a great show. Coach Coffman gets the bigger picture that so many fans (and often coaches) caught up in the minutia of how their team did on the offensive glass (for example) often overlook or take for granted. It was refreshing the hear his thoughts in that post game press conference.

That being said, SDSU vs. PFW would be an amazing spectacle in the Tournament, but I'd rather not see it happen! Something tells me Konchar's Last Stand is going to be memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Anyone on here stay until the end of the auction? I was curious to stick around but had 2 little ones that needed to get home. I was wondering what the jerseys would have gone for. I heard the first one go for like 400, i assume Daum's was the highest? 1k? What was the lowest?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  I loved his quote about how they both could have been playing in the Duke/UNC game the other night. Thanks to both of them for finishing what they started and putting on a great show. Coach Coffman gets the bigger picture that so many fans (and often coaches) caught up in the minutia of how their team did on the offensive glass (for example) often overlook or take for granted. It was refreshing the hear his thoughts in that post game press conference.

That being said, SDSU vs. PFW would be an amazing spectacle in the Tournament, but I'd rather not see it happen! Something tells me Konchar's Last Stand is going to be memorable.
                  Could tell that Konchar wanted to win in the worst way. That attempted windmill dunk in the second half was crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Anyone on here stay until the end of the auction? I was curious to stick around but had 2 little ones that needed to get home. I was wondering what the jerseys would have gone for. I heard the first one go for like 400, i assume Daum's was the highest? 1k? What was the lowest?
                    They sold 2 Daum jerseys at $1850 each. Cheapest one around $500

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      I agree with his comment that nobody should be left out of the Summit Tourney. And they need to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        I agree with his comment that nobody should be left out of the Summit Tourney. And they need to change that.
                        I respectfully disagree. Including every team in the post-season tournament would significantly devalue the regular season. The regular season needs to be worth something. Also, for fans, following the battle for eighth place is almost as much fun as following the battle for first place. Actually, I wish it was a 10-team league and two teams would get left out. That's how it used to be. Leave the tournament at eight teams.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

You know what this team REALLY needs? Brandon Key. When our guys have the energy to be fully engaged on defense, we are nearly unstoppable in the Summit League. With our 6 man rotation, it's impossible to have the energy to go balls to the walls on defense for 40 minutes straight. With Key, we would have lost 2 or 3 less OOC games and probably 1 less conference game... the SL championship wouldn't be in doubt as much as it is now, and our seed for march madness would look a lot better. Obviously nothing we can do about it now, but man... if he would have stuck it out and been the 7th guy in rotation, we would be a better team, no doubt.

The other thing we really need is Dentlinger or Dillon to step up and be a consistent option. The difference with Daum out of the game is so great that he just has to play damn near 40 minutes against good teams. People rag on his defense, but he would be a much better defender if he only had to play 32-35 minutes per game. The same goes for all of the starters... it's tough to play good defense the whole game when you don't get a break.

Comment

You know what this team REALLY needs? Brandon Key. When our guys have the energy to be fully engaged on defense, we are nearly unstoppable in the Summit League. With our 6 man rotation, it's impossible to have the energy to go balls to the walls on defense for 40 minutes straight. With Key, we would have lost 2 or 3 less OOC games and probably 1 less conference game... the SL championship wouldn't be in doubt as much as it is now, and our seed for march madness would look a lot better. Obviously nothing we can do about it now, but man... if he would have stuck it out and been the 7th guy in rotation, we would be a better team, no doubt.

The other thing we really need is Dentlinger or Dillon to step up and be a consistent option. The difference with Daum out of the game is so great that he just has to play damn near 40 minutes against good teams. People rag on his defense, but he would be a much better defender if he only had to play 32-35 minutes per game. The same goes for all of the starters... it's tough to play good defense the whole game when you don't get a break.
                            Or Key's negative and selfish attitude about not being a starter could have brought the moral of the team down and we could have lost more games than we have. What this team really needed was more of the young guys to develop to the point that there isn't such a dramatic drop off when one of the starters isn't out there, but that didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                              Or Key's negative and selfish attitude about not being a starter could have brought the moral of the team down and we could have lost more games than we have. What this team really needed was more of the young guys to develop to the point that there isn't such a dramatic drop off when one of the starters isn't out there, but that didn't happen.
                              Ha, fine. Let me clarify... This team needs Brandon Key with a good attitude.

Comment

Ha, fine. Let me clarify... This team needs Brandon Key with a good attitude.
                                I know that Howell is long gone but he would have been a senior this season, too. He was not a great player but he had a few good games when he was a sophomore. You would think that the coaching staff could have made him a little better so he wouldn't be a liability if he was out the 12-17 minutes/game.
                                I do agree about the younger guys. There have been 4 of them on campus for about 2 years and they don't seem able to spell the starters for more than a couple of minutes. Didn't somebody say that TJ told the people in SF that the freshmen were really coming along but it's tough finding them playing time with the great upperclassmen?

Comment

Working...
                                X