Summit League Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Tickets

Looks like single session tickets for the SLT will go on sale Tuesday, Feb. 26th at 10 A.M.. There are less than 80 lower level all session passes left, so I'm guessing those will go fast once the single sessions open up. Plenty in the upper level, but I'm surprised at how many upper level all session passes have been purchased. I would be surprised if the SLT attendance record isn't broken once again.

Re: Summit League Tickets

Mods, you can move this to the "Summit League Tournament" section if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Looks like single session tickets for the SLT will go on sale Tuesday, Feb. 26th at 10 A.M.. There are less than 80 lower level all session passes left, so I'm guessing those will go fast once the single sessions open up. Plenty in the upper level, but I'm surprised at how many upper level all session passes have been purchased. I would be surprised if the SLT attendance record isn't broken once again.
      I hope you are correct on a record breaker but things need to line up to make that happen. Last year the match ups were perfect to do so. I'm not so sure things may fall in place this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        I hope you are correct on a record breaker but things need to line up to make that happen. Last year the match ups were perfect to do so. I'm not so sure things may fall in place this year.
        If USD men can at least win their first game, I think it will be close. If there's a men's SDSU/USD matchup in the first or second round, that would obviously help too. The women's side should be very well attended Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday. Overall, I just think with it being Daum's last SLT, I think SDSU attendance will be more than ever. The number of upper level all session passes that have been purchased is really impressive and I've got to believe that is from at least 75% SDSU fans, maybe closer to 90%. So the men's Saturday, Monday, and Tuesday sessions will be very well attended assuming things go according to plan.

Comment

Here's some bad news that was mentioned by alumni organizers at a recent Sioux Empire Staters Club lunch. The Sheraton Hotel and other "neighboring businesses" are refusing to host this year's official, pregame gatherings of Jacks' fans during the Summit Tourney. Apparently there are too many of us. Which raises the question, does Sioux Falls really have the facilities to host a big event like this? The Sheraton and other "neighboring businesses" are risking teeing off the biggest fan base in South Dakota. That's very disappointing.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Here's some bad news that was mentioned by alumni organizers at a recent Sioux Empire Staters Club lunch. The Sheraton Hotel and other "neighboring businesses" are refusing to host this year's official, pregame gatherings of Jacks' fans during the Summit Tourney. Apparently there are too many of us. Which raises the question, does Sioux Falls really have the facilities to host a big event like this? The Sheraton and other "neighboring businesses" are risking teeing off the biggest fan base in South Dakota. That's very disappointing.
            Well, what are they supposed to do if our group is literally too big for them to handle? Tbh, SDSU or the alumni association should put something together in one of the convention center spots.

Comment

Well, what are they supposed to do if our group is literally too big for them to handle? Tbh, SDSU or the alumni association should put something together in one of the convention center spots.
              Yep. Frankly the whole summit league should team up and designate areas in the large showroom at the cc. Instead of having something waste space and parking like the golf expo or what ever it is. Seems like over the weekend that the denny and cc and arena should be a priority for the tourney. Fan fest in arena alumni gatherings in the cc. On the weekend every fan base will be there.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Didn't they do this already last year ? If I remember correctly, the Saturday rallies were in a couple of the smaller rooms, and on Monday and Tuesday moved across the hall to the bigger rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Yep. Frankly the whole summit league should team up and designate areas in the large showroom at the cc. Instead of having something waste space and parking like the golf expo or what ever it is. Seems like over the weekend that the denny and cc and arena should be a priority for the tourney. Fan fest in arena alumni gatherings in the cc. On the weekend every fan base will be there.
                  The golf expo moved off that date a couple of years ago. This year they hosted the golf expo out at the Pentagon in mid-Feb. Last year, there wasn't anything going on in the convention center and I thought SDSU alumni did utilize the convention center space - at least on Mon and Tues? Maybe that was the year before after the golf expo was over? I know USD has always held their gatherings in smaller convention center space since they joined the league.

Short sighted on the part of the Sheraton but there is obviously reasons they don't want to do it as they know the drill. If they expect their bar area to not get overcrowded between sessions just because they aren't hosting the alumni gathering, they are sorely mistaken. People are going to flock there regardless of where the alumni gathering is hosted.

Comment

Sportsmen Show (March 7-10) in Convention Center. http://www.siouxfallscc.com/events-t...ortsmens-show/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Sportsmen Show (March 7-10) in Convention Center. http://www.siouxfallscc.com/events-t...ortsmens-show/
                      That surprises me as I know the SL fought hard to get the home show to move their date away from SL weekend so they could do the fan fest stuff in the arena. But now maybe the sportsmen show will only use the convention center space.

Jacked_Up: When the SDSU alumni office broke the bad news about the Sheraton and surrounding businesses, did they say where they were going to host their gatherings???

Comment

Either the Convention Center doesn't have room to host the SDSU gatherings or it doesn't want to. I'm not sure which. The Jackrabbit organizers said this year's fan gatherings during the Summit Tourney would have to be "off campus" because none of the businesses near the Premier Center would host them. I thought gatherings the past couple of years at the Sheraton were great. The hallways got crowded for a while, but it was a friendly, festive crowd.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          That surprises me as I know the SL fought hard to get the home show to move their date away from SL weekend so they could do the fan fest stuff in the arena. But now maybe the sportsmen show will only use the convention center space.

Jacked_Up: When the SDSU alumni office broke the bad news about the Sheraton and surrounding businesses, did they say where they were going to host their gatherings???
                          All they said is that the gatherings would have to be "off campus." I don't think they had a site lined up yet. Maybe they were caught by surprise by the Sheraton's action. I don't know.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Also their is no Fan Fest this year. Sportsmen Show is using the Sioux Falls Arena as well as the convention center.

Comment

Sounds like they don't want us loitering around between games.

Comment

Working...
                              X