Summit League Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Tickets

The Summit Tournament is a big deal for Sioux Falls. The national public relations value, alone, is priceless. I would think the conference and community would strive to be as hospitable as possible to all of the universities' fan bases and especially to SDSU since the Jackrabbits bring the most fans. Some rethinking of facility uses and priorities during the tournament might be in order.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      The Summit Tournament is a big deal for Sioux Falls. The national public relations value, alone, is priceless. I would think the conference and community would strive to be as hospitable as possible to all of the universities' fan bases and especially to SDSU since the Jackrabbits bring the most fans. Some rethinking of facility uses and priorities during the tournament might be in order.
      I think the word we are looking for here is.......greed.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Also their is no Fan Fest this year. Sportsmen Show is using the Sioux Falls Arena as well as the convention center.
        Are you serious Clark? The fan fest is great for families and kids. Sdsu fans should boycott the sportsman show even thought they probably book it because fans will go to that before or between games. The league needs to get the convention center and arena. If we need to book those areas 2 or 3 or 10 years in advance they need too. The league offices are in town so they better figure it out. The fan fest is one of the perks with bringing my kids to the tourney. They love it.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I wonder if the Tournament being back in the second weekend of March after being earlier for a couple of years brought the Sportsman's Show back into the mix ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Here's some bad news that was mentioned by alumni organizers at a recent Sioux Empire Staters Club lunch. The Sheraton Hotel and other "neighboring businesses" are refusing to host this year's official, pregame gatherings of Jacks' fans during the Summit Tourney. Apparently there are too many of us. Which raises the question, does Sioux Falls really have the facilities to host a big event like this? The Sheraton and other "neighboring businesses" are risking teeing off the biggest fan base in South Dakota. That's very disappointing.
            If/when the Jacks are playing on Monday and Tuesday, there will be pre-game rallies in the Convention Center like last year. The Sheraton feels they can make more money without allowing one school to rent their space. The Outdoor Show is taking up the Arena and Convention Center (there will not be a Summit League FanFest in the Arena this year either) over the weekend, but will be gone Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
            X