Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(10-2) vs NDSU bison bulls(8-4) @ Scheels Center

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Gosh guys dont lay an egg at home. I would hope not.
    I would think that the guys will have a renewed fire after a loss and a miraculous win. My guess is that these next 6 home games should be fun to watch.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Thank goodness DJJ hit that shot! That put a lot of lipstick on a really ugly pig! Plus, it makes it extra special when we do it to the Bison in their gym. Priceless!

Like others have said, they need to fix the defensive issues in the next couple weeks.

They will do it!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

The bison will get another chance Saturday to get it right when Omaha travels to Fargo. It is the only game for the bison next week while the Mavs play WIU during the week. Unless ORU gets Nzekwesi back for Omaha, the game in Fargo is the most likely to give Omaha a good game out their last 4.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Did TJ drop an F bomb when he did the dagger?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Sounds like “DJ you put the fork into it.”

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              I can't say this is fact, this I coming from my wife! When we went to Reno to watch the Jacks play, we sat first row behind the Jacks bench. My wife swears she heard TJ say " How the do we keep F'ing up every single F'ing F'ing thing all the F'ing time". That might not be verbatim, but you get the point! I'm not criticizing him, I probably would have had to chuckle about it if I had heard it. It's not a issue IMO, it wasn't meant for the public to hear, oops.

Comment

It has been interesting watching the evolution of our offense with Daum these last 3 years. His sophomore year he started mainly inside, as the season start off badly TJ adjusted by moving him outside which turned our season around. When teams adjusted the next evolution was Mike starting to take the big guys off the dribble.Teams then adjusted by starting to flop and our next response was to move Mike back inside to alleviate some of the foul trouble.

Why do I bring all of this up, because I think teams have adjusted again and we are back at square one with Mike being doubleteamed down low. When I watched the UNO game it really seemed like there was way too much isolation basketball with everyone standing on the outside watching Mike operate.

I feel like part of this is what kills us defensively. We don't have anyone inside for offensive rebounds and teams are getting quick outlets and they go down the floor and a couple of quick passes later we are out of position defensively.

As weird as it sounds, I'm starting to feel our defensive issues are starting on the offensive end. It will be interesting to see if TJ has any new wrinkles as the season goes along.

Comment

The Jacks defense can be frustrating to watch at times. It was interesting to see how it ranks during the conference part of the schedule. The Jacks rank first in opponents points allowed at 73.0, with NDSU second at 74.7. In opponents FG %, the Jacks are again first by a wide margin - 42.3 % to USD second at 46.8. In opponents 3 pt. FG% the Jacks are third with 37.1 % behind UND at 33.2 and Fort Wayne at 36.8.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Sounds like “DJ you put the fork into it.”
                    Clearly this is correct.

Comment

• Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(10-2) vs NDSU bison bulls(8-4) @ Scheels Center

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                      We don't have anyone inside for offensive rebounds and teams are getting quick outlets and they go down the floor and a couple of quick passes later we are out of position defensively.
                      This doesn't make any sense. If we don't have anyone inside for offensive rebounds, teams shouldn't be able to get quick outlets and catch us out of position. In my opinion our biggest issue is defending the 3 point line. I don't know if this comes from a philosophy of packing the lane since we only have 1 big, or if it's a philosophy of forcing teams to take outside shots. I'm fine with both, but it seems like we give up wayyy too many wide open looks from 3. To me it's a communication and switching issue, along with not closing out fast enough. Our other big issue is turnovers. We are so efficient offensively when we get a shot up. If we can just limit turnovers and make teams take tough 3s, we will be really hard to beat.

Comment

The Jacks game winning shot certainly got a lot of mileage yet on Sunday. All three Sioux Falls TV stations played the video of the Tyler-DJJ postgame interview on both their 5:30 and 10:00 PM newscasts.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          The Jacks game winning shot certainly got a lot of mileage yet on Sunday. All three Sioux Falls TV stations played the video of the Tyler-DJJ postgame interview on both their 5:30 and 10:00 PM newscasts.
                          Its one of those memorable moments. V.J. Smith told me when he co-authored with Amy Dunkle the the book College on the Hill, he interviewed the 1963 team about the outlet pass to Sid Bostic and he said at least 7 of them said they threw the pass. Some were not even on the floor. Its kind of funny how we try to be part of history. Oh well, I know the feeling. Thank God for TJ and his drives to Wichita to watch DJJ at Sunrise Academy. He is one of our best to date.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 02-18-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            It was all over SportsCenter ... and Gameday as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              This doesn't make any sense. If we don't have anyone inside for offensive rebounds, teams shouldn't be able to get quick outlets and catch us out of position. In my opinion our biggest issue is defending the 3 point line.
                              When Mike is inside alone and we have two guys in or near the two corners. If those two are watching the play their defenders have the inside position to catch the outlet pass and either take it up floor or rotate it to the point guard. We naturally will start off a step or two behind those corner defenders. While we can catch up, if they rotate the ball quickly on the other end a couple of times it will result in the slow closeout you are talking about. It happened too often against UNO.

Comment

weekly update
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4zZjIlF-yc
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X