Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(10-2) vs NDSU bison bulls(8-4) @ Scheels Center

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
    Absolutely crazy win. A huge win at that. With that being said.....

We have some real problems fundamentally on defense. Bad closeouts, bad P&R communication. Otz is a terrific recruiter and offensive mind, but can someone explain to me how he thought it would a good idea to switch Daum onto Shahid TWICE? Shahid blew by him twice with his quickness advantage and it should've sunk us if not for a miraculous shot. After 28 games this year I would think we would be better in P&R coverage, but we consistently get lost and leave wide open threes. We did it all night tonight.

Obviously this comes off as a fairly negative post, but the defensive breakdowns are troubling, and with how dynamic we are offensively, it is really frustrating to watch us play as sloppy as we did today.

For real though, this would've been a bad, bad loss on the resume for the NCAA tourney. We're blessed to have the two most talented offensive players in the history of this program playing alongside each other right now. We shall soak it in these last few weeks!
    This, very much this. I actually think it happened 3 times - all in the latter part of the 2nd half. You'd think by the 3rd time at least the other players on the floor might think "we better provide Mike a little more help this time around." Even if the coaches haven't made note of it at that point.

This was incredibly frustrating to me as well. Hopefully we get this figured out in a quick hurry.

Comment

Working...
    X