Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(10-2) vs NDSU bison bulls(8-4) @ Scheels Center

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I agree with the sentiment although the idiot isn't worth the small effort to hate. But tell you what, that dagger in the heart at the end of the game: dedicate that to Ward. He can watch the replay and all his cocky blowing on his hot hand etc. What an idiot. I'll watch the final few seconds--likely on ESPN once an hour for the next 24-hour news cycle.
    Regarding David Jenkins Jr 40 footer,
    It was bigger than Sid Bostic baseball toss in the 1963 NC game. Sid did not know the score was tied, but thought SDSU was behind.

Comment

Well that's just nuts.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        Holy poop.
        Holy buffalo poop!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Jacks led the game for a total of 0.1 seconds. But it was the right 0.1 !
          reminds me of a certain football game......
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I turned it back on after we got back to 4 or 6 down, then kept an eye on the time. I thought we were going to run out of gas after the UNO game. That's the fight this team needs, if we play like that a full game, no one can beat us. But if we only plan 1/2 a game we still almost win, UNO or pull it off like tonight. Crazy to see to games in a row where a team pulls a Louisville in the 2nd half and lose at the buzzer.

Comment

The first game I ever went to at the BSA, Paul MacDonald hit a shot at the buzzer that won the game. It was just 3 or 4 feet closer than Jenkins' shot but only a 2 back then.
              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Anyone here still delusional enough to think conference road wins can be taken for granted? ThatÂ’s the last of them and IÂ’m damn happy we ended up winning six of eight.

Now go get some stuff figured out on the practice court!
                Road games are never a given in college basketball. We finished 6-2 on the road in conference play. Id say thats not too bad.

Comment

Merriam's call of the buzzer beater...https://soundcloud.com/user-17620889...winner-at-ndsu

Comment

This definitely makes my Saturday night so much better.

Comment

Karma, baby. Lose a heart-breaker in Omaha. Win one in Fargo. A lot of little things went right the last couple of minutes in Fargo. Credit Jenkins, Daum and crew. They kept grinding. Wow.
                      Last edited by Jacked_Up; 02-16-2019, 11:43 PM.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                        Merriam's call of the buzzer beater...https://soundcloud.com/user-17620889...winner-at-ndsu
                        Thanks for posting that! My wife and I were watching it online. I told her, damn, I wish I could have heard Tyler call that!

Comment

this game goes to show importance of free throws. We went 20-21 and they went 8-11 and the final miss kept the game winnable.

Comment

I see where someone stated that the Jenkins' shot was bigger than the Sid Bostic shot in 1963 to win a national championship. People get caught up in hype so I understand. The Jenkins' shot will be remembered for a few months or even a year or two. In time, it won't be remembered by too many people other than Jenkins, his teammates and some aging fans. This team will be judged by what it does in the Summit League tournament, and if successful, wins a game in the NCAA tournament. Otherwise, it will be remembered as another good team that fell far short of its promise. I'm one of those old guys who doesn't find satisfaction in getting to the Big Dance as it's been done before. One and done is no fun. Talent wise, this might be the best team SDSU has ever assembled. I find no joy in participating. It's time to get something done.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                              I see where someone stated that the Jenkins' shot was bigger than the Sid Bostic shot in 1963 to win a national championship. People get caught up in hype so I understand. The Jenkins' shot will be remembered for a few months or even a year or two. In time, it won't be remembered by too many people other than Jenkins, his teammates and some aging fans. This team will be judged by what it does in the Summit League tournament, and if successful, wins a game in the NCAA tournament. Otherwise, it will be remembered as another good team that fell far short of its promise. I'm one of those old guys who doesn't find satisfaction in getting to the Big Dance as it's been done before. One and done is no fun. Talent wise, this might be the best team SDSU has ever assembled. I find no joy in participating. It's time to get something done.
                              Agree with everything you say. and im an old guy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                                True statement here!

Comment

Working...
                                X