GDT: Jackrabbits(11-1) vs Bison(3-9) @ Scheels Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits(11-1) vs Bison(3-9) @ Scheels Center

The last road game of the season is in Fargo today. It is a bit anticlimactic as the 3-9 Bison seem to be floundering with a roster that resembles a foreign student exchange event. Walseth has not had much success in Fargo. DeHoff looks like a hall of famer in comparison. Walseth has 1 year left for her contract which does not bode well for the Bison WBB. This game should not be close as the Jackrabbits keep another Summit team below 50 points. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN3 1pm
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(11-1) vs Bison(3-9) @ Scheels Center

Bison scored 24. Jackrabbits had tough shooting from a few players; but Guebert, Miller, and Larson pick up the slack for 48% shooting. Bison shoot no free throws and there are 7 total fouls called first half. We will see how that goes in second half. Bison collect no offensive rebounds in entire half.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Did anyone catch Midco before the game where they said a soccer player was playing for ndsu, now? Hannah Norman is a senior and was a two-time All-Summit League Team member, first this last season, for the women's soccer team. Apparently, she signed a couple weeks ago with the basketball team since her soccer career is over. Website says she is wearing #20.

(Bench change for both teams and she just went out.)
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Nice all-around good game for the Jackrabbits.

NDSU's program is really in sad shape. Walseth has another year on her contract. Can the NDSU athletic administration afford to risk adding to the damage by keeping her another year?

Comment

The broadcast team gave Norman's high school basketball accomplishments and they thought it was important to have more practice players for the team.

Comment

and the score was ??????

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              and the score was ??????
              88-48

Comment

Is it just me or do the freshman continue to underwhelm you when in the games late? I know they are freshman, but just don't look great to me. I hope I eat crow next year.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppFFJf8aZqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jczc_07d3-Q&t=183s

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                    Is it just me or do the freshman continue to underwhelm you when in the games late? I know they are freshman, but just don't look great to me. I hope I eat crow next year.
                    If you plug them in one or two at a time with the starters, its fine. Sydney Stapleton will be a player IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      If you plug them in one or two at a time with the starters, its fine. Sydney Stapleton will be a player IMO.
                      They will take on more roles like palmer. Burkhard will take a starting role just fine.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        She’s currently shooting under 22% on the season. Has had one good game, but otherwise has been extremely underwhelming as a shooter. However, she plays with confidence and outside of Burchardt seems the most college ready. Ferrand just doesn’t look to have much of an offensive game. Seems very athletic, so I’m assuming she is a project. And Hirschmann just doesn’t seem like a player that will ever see much of the court. Now there certainly is time to improve, but outside PB there doesn’t seem to be a major contributor in this group. I hope the next class has more ability or we have a good transfer on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          She’s currently shooting under 22% on the season. Has had one good game, but otherwise has been extremely underwhelming as a shooter. However, she plays with confidence and outside of Burchardt seems the most college ready. Ferrand just doesn’t look to have much of an offensive game. Seems very athletic, so I’m assuming she is a project. And Hirschmann just doesn’t seem like a player that will ever see much of the court. Now there certainly is time to improve, but outside PB there doesn’t seem to be a major contributor in this group. I hope the next class has more ability or we have a good transfer on the horizon.
                          I've seen a little improvement in Hirschmann, moving much better, but she could take awhile, Bultsma was similar in that regard. I'm hoping the sophomore year will prove much better for this years class, and really hoping for next years freshman class to have some who can contribute right away, similar to what Paiton Burckhard has done this year.The commentator in the Chattanooga game ,I believe, was simply astounded that Paiton was having a good game and was scoring more than her 4 pt avg, I guess he didn't think anyone should be able to do that, I had to chuckle. Our starting 5, perhaps the top 6 really, should be rock solid, with one or two off the bench, the rest is up to those who haven't proven themselves yet, a great opportunity for them, hope they grab it.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-17-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

It also seems history indicates AJ will rarely bring in transfers. Larson came, but she had been on recruiting radar the first time around. It is more likely one may leave. Also, we have a redshirt guard on bench. The big girls will need to get speed ready. I remember Ober came into her own at end of sophomore year at SLT.

I looked back quick and I find Jill Young, Tonoia Wade, Chynna Stevens(back) & Ena Viso(juco) in addition to Larson.
                            Last edited by OldHare; 02-17-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I'm probably forgetting a few instances, but it seems like with our WBB team that those who end up with a significant career at least play decent minutes as a freshman. It's a different situation than you see in mid-major MBB.

Looking back - Waytashek, Paulch, Corneman, G. Boever, Ober, Stevens, Young, Alexander, Thompson, Selland, Irwin, Miller, Guebert all averaged 14+ minutes as freshmen. Looking back 5 or 6 years the only two major contributors I found that did not play much as freshmen were Clarin and Palmer (both about 8 min per game - which is about twice as much as 3 of our freshmen this year). From what I saw in the stats, most of those who had less than 8 minutes as freshmen either transferred or spent their career mostly on the bench. Hopefully this group bucks that trend, either way I'm glad we have a top-100 recruit coming in right away, even if she is another forward. We need some new young stars.

Comment

Working...
                              X