Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(11-1) vs Bison(3-9) @ Scheels Center

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    It also seems history indicates AJ will rarely bring in transfers. Larson came, but she had been on recruiting radar the first time around. It is more likely one may leave. Also, we have a redshirt guard on bench. The big girls will need to get speed ready. I remember Ober came into her own at end of sophomore year at SLT.

I looked back quick and I find Jill Young, Tonoia Wade, Chynna Stevens(back) & Ena Viso(juco) in addition to Larson.
    I don't think Tonia Wade played 1 min of game time basketball on the court for the Jackrabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      I don't think Tonia Wade played 1 min of basketball on the court for the Jackrabbits.
      She never did play, but she did transfer in and spent a redshirt year on the SDSU campus, so she does belong on the list of players who transferred here.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        She never did play, but she did transfer in and spent a redshirt year on the SDSU campus, so she does belong on the list of players who transferred here.
        I recall that too,she sat out her year then left,that struck me as being somewhat unusual,....never did see her play.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/fgosports...110816256?s=21

Find this kind of funny. Evidently we are supposed to recruit from further away, like NDSU does...

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Find this kind of funny. Evidently we are supposed to recruit from further away, like NDSU does...
            ummmm....he was being sarcastic.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Might have to turn on your sarcasm meter, Kolpack is known for that. He's making fun of Walseth having all the foreign players and still being terrible.

Comment

Wow... yes I got that it was sarcastic... I said I thought it was funny. Next time I’ll include the winky emoji.

Comment

She’s currently shooting under 22% on the season. Has had one good game, but otherwise has been extremely underwhelming as a shooter. However, she plays with confidence and outside of Burchardt seems the most college ready. Ferrand just doesn’t look to have much of an offensive game. Seems very athletic, so I’m assuming she is a project. And Hirschmann just doesn’t seem like a player that will ever see much of the court. Now there certainly is time to improve, but outside PB there doesn’t seem to be a major contributor in this group. I hope the next class has more ability or we have a good transfer on the horizon.
                  I have no reason to doubt that AJ has the team to continue the run following this year. He has done it year after year. It is hard to judge any of the bench players because they just don't get the minutes this season.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    I'm probably forgetting a few instances, but it seems like with our WBB team that those who end up with a significant career at least play decent minutes as a freshman. It's a different situation than you see in mid-major MBB.

Looking back - Waytashek, Paulch, Corneman, G. Boever, Ober, Stevens, Young, Alexander, Thompson, Selland, Irwin, Miller, Guebert all averaged 14+ minutes as freshmen. Looking back 5 or 6 years the only two major contributors I found that did not play much as freshmen were Clarin and Palmer (both about 8 min per game - which is about twice as much as 3 of our freshmen this year). From what I saw in the stats, most of those who had less than 8 minutes as freshmen either transferred or spent their career mostly on the bench. Hopefully this group bucks that trend, either way I'm glad we have a top-100 recruit coming in right away, even if she is another forward. We need some new young stars.
                    And occasionally, there is a freshman like Sydney Tracy who goes from 16 minutes to 10 minutes and the exit is different. Generally speaking a freshman that pulls minutes is a long term contributor rather than a role player off the bench. Paluch and Heiser and Gabby B were essentially role players most of their careers compared to others on the team. Cascio-Jensen(another transfer I forgot) fits that mold as well. Burckhard could be one who is not a starter and makes larger contributions if Kallie Thiesen makes a starter. Some might worry too much about the future health of Jackrabbit WBB. 3 starters return.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Wow... yes I got that it was sarcastic... I said I thought it was funny. Next time I’ll include the winky emoji.
                      Haha, sorry, I misunderstood your post.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        I have no reason to doubt that AJ has the team to continue the run following this year. He has done it year after year. It is hard to judge any of the bench players because they just don't get the minutes this season.
                        I certainly don’t disagree. I guess my major concern is that for next year we certainly don’t appear to have the horses to run with USD unless some players majorly step up. Long term I don’t see us not continuing to dwell near the top of the Summit League.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          Haha, sorry, I misunderstood your post.
                          It’s kind of scary when you think about it.

Macy
                          Maddy G.
                          Myah S.
                          Tagyn L.
                          C. Duffy
                          H. Sjerven
                          C. Lamb
                          M. Nelson (Denver)
                          C. Lundberg (Montana State)

That’s a 9 person rotation just off the top of my head of mid major players from SD and Minnesota that as a coach I wouldn’t feel bad about playing any team in the country with. Some pretty darn good BB played in this area. The fact NDSU can’t land any of them is a pretty bad indictment of their program.

Comment

It’s kind of scary when you think about it.

Macy
                            Maddy G.
                            Myah S.
                            Tagyn L.
                            C. Duffy
                            H. Sjerven
                            C. Lamb
                            M. Nelson (Denver)
                            C. Lundberg (Montana State)

That’s a 9 person rotation just off the top of my head of mid major players from SD and Minnesota that as a coach I wouldn’t feel bad about playing any team in the country with. Some pretty darn good BB played in this area. The fact NDSU can’t land any of them is a pretty bad indictment of their program.
                            Madison McKeever (USD) as well.

Comment

Walseth's situation is also one that is looking at this year's seniors while many WBB coaches are evaluating this year's freshman and sophomores. She is not likely finding high quality players who may wait longer to commit to NDSU over P5.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

AJ
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb4F...o&spfreload=10

Comment

Working...
                                X