GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(10-1) vs Omaha Mavericks(8-2) @ Baxter Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(10-1) vs Omaha Mavericks(8-2) @ Baxter Arena

It will be interesting to see which team shows for uno next game, one that had to fight hard to win and carries UNO the next few games, or did they expend to much and run out of gas their next game.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A short bench and foul trouble hurt the Jacks.The defense got tentative. Tough loss. The Omaha TV announcers called it the biggest game in the history of Baxter Arena. Now the Jacks are off to play what's probably the biggest game in the history of NDSU's basketball arena.
      This space for lease.

Comment

I only get to two or three games a year. Omaha's a long drive, but the game experience at ORU and WIU make me want to slit my wrists. If this jacks up Maverick fans and makes them a viable part of the conference, it's a silver lining. Hated to see all those stupid Jack turnovers but this was one hell of a game.

Comment

Jacks have basically scored 80 in every loss. Defense! Defense! Defense!
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
            I only get to two or three games a year. Omaha's a long drive, but the game experience at ORU and WIU make me want to slit my wrists. If this jacks up Maverick fans and makes them a viable part of the conference, it's a silver lining. Hated to see all those stupid Jack turnovers but this was one hell of a game.
            The Jacks are a very good team, but they are far from perfect. I think we will be okay.

Comment

About to run a lead story on the game on KETV. If SIUE won the Ohio Valley it wouldn't get a mention in any of the St Louis media unless somebody got shot. Same when IUPUI was in the Summit. This is a conference that desperately needs more schools that aren't complete fiascos. Omaha is on the verge of escaping mediocrity. WIU and ORU should be bagged and recycled --I'm thinking NAIA. I'm sure the fan experience is close to that Crookston. Not that I've ever been there.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                Matt Pile taking it to Daum, WTF? There is no way that should happen. SMH
                Daum got into foul trouble and knew that he needed to stay in the game and couldn't get more fouls. The real problem is we don't have a reliable big to bring in to protect him for a while.

Comment

When you have big 3 and only 2 show up but daum took a lot of shots to score his points. This is where depth is nice. Also summit tourney being top 2 seed helps but playing back to back games depth would be nice. But it's hard to argue with the results. If we were going to lose a game to end the year it would be this one.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    When you have big 3 and only 2 show up but daum took a lot of shots to score his points. This is where depth is nice. Also summit tourney being top 2 seed helps but playing back to back games depth would be nice. But it's hard to argue with the results. If we were going to lose a game to end the year it would be this one.
                    I don't really now if Flatten had a chance to show up. Daum (23 shots) and Jenkins Jr. (21 shots) shot 44 of the teams 63 shots. That means the rest of the team had less shots (19) than either Daum or Jenkins Jr.
                    There just didn't seem to be much sharing of the ball. Daum had 3 assists and 23 shots. Jenkins Jr had 1 assist and 21 shots.
                    I wish both King and Flatten would have been able to contribute little more. We just can't count on any of the freshmen, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      I don't really now if Flatten had a chance to show up. Daum (23 shots) and Jenkins Jr. (21 shots) shot 44 of the teams 63 shots. That means the rest of the team had less shots (19) than either Daum or Jenkins Jr.
                      There just didn't seem to be much sharing of the ball. Daum had 3 assists and 23 shots. Jenkins Jr had 1 assist and 21 shots.
                      I wish both King and Flatten would have been able to contribute little more. We just can't count on any of the freshmen, yet.
                      When daum had 30 something fg percent that hurts. Not his efficient scoring like he typically does.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        When daum had 30 something fg percent that hurts. Not his efficient scoring like he typically does.
                        Jenkins was 12-21 including 10-15 on threes. That's about as efficient as you can get scoring the ball.

Unfortunately he didn't play nearly as well on the other side of the ball, especially in the second half...

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          Flatten air-balled 2 or 3 threes early, and he didn't seem to be too aggressive looking for shots after.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Flatten air-balled 2 or 3 threes early, and he didn't seem to be too aggressive looking for shots after.
                            Yes, he was 2-6 from the arc and 2-2 inside the arc. Dentlinger was quite serviceable in his 6 minutes with 4 boards and 3 points. The 2 fouls easily happen with limited minutes in the game. Pile might be one to send there now and then as he made 1-3.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

What was up with Daum getting completely bullied around by Pile on rebounds. Guy was just pushing him wherever he wanted too.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD3XKptvmGQ
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X