GDT: Jackrabbits(10-1) vs Misfit Mavs(1-10) @ Baxter Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits(10-1) vs Misfit Mavs(1-10) @ Baxter Arena

Coach Lange has the Mavericks firmly in the cellar of the Summit. The Mavs need a win against PFW Saturday and 1 more conference win to get ahead of the Mastodons. The Mastodons would hold the tiebreaker with a win over Denver vs the Mavs win over the bison. It is not likely the Jackrabbits will let the Mavs get an edge tonight. It may even give Selland another day to heal her nagging injury. The game at Frost was 81-47. The Mavs may stay south of 50 again tonight. Go Jacks!!

Midco2/ESPN+
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(10-1) vs Misfit Mavs(1-10) @ Baxter Arena

This young woman will help to keep the Mavs under 50.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJW3Au_aVUc
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think it just depends on how injured Selland is. She should be able to sit out the next 3 games (@Omaha, @NDSU and vs.Fort Wayne) and SDSU should be able to win without a problem. I would play her against Fort Wayne so she has some time to get her feet back under her before they play USD.
      Omaha does start 3 freshmen, 1 sophomore and 1 junior but coach Lange better turn things around soon or she probably won't be around much longer.

Comment

Selland is on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Selland is on the floor.
          That surprises me, considering the opponent. They must think she is 100%, or I don't think they would be using her.

Comment

Not sure why AJ needs to sub out the entire starting lineup after 5 minutes - lead down to 3.

Comment

lead back up, ahead by 15, 28-13

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Not sure why AJ needs to sub out the entire starting lineup after 5 minutes - lead down to 3.
                I'm not a fan of that hockey line change either. We would be up by 30 right now without our bad bench play.

Comment

Tagyn Larson is definitely playing like a first team all-conference player, but it might be hard for her to get that honor. Miller and Guebert are locks, and Selland seems to get more pub than Larson. All four deserve the recognition, but they all likely won't make the first team.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    The Mavs may stay south of 50 again tonight.
                    Well this is looking fairly likely. These bottom of the summit teams are just...they're just bad, man

Comment

GDT: Jackrabbits(10-1) vs Misfit Mavs(1-10) @ Baxter Arena

How about Larson tonight?!? 8 for 8 from the field with 20 points, 9 rebounds and several blocks. She has hit 4 threes. Still 14 minutes to go too. It would be so helpful if teams have to respect her outside shooting. Tonight should help.

Jacks are right where you’d think they would be - up 59-23 in the third.

Comment

Tagyn is playing phenomenally well tonite. 9 for 9, and 4 3s, 9 rebounds, and a quarter to go! Jacks up 61-29, minute left in third.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, it was the Tagyn Larson show tonight. She has really picked up her game, which bodes well with the USD game looming.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            That surprises me, considering the opponent. They must think she is 100%, or I don't think they would be using her.
                            From what I heard on the pregame, I think this might be a chronic issue with Myah. She had a foot injury last year. Let's hope I am off base on this. Hat's off to Tagyn, way to go girl!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                              From what I heard on the pregame, I think this might be a chronic issue with Myah. She had a foot injury last year. Let's hope I am off base on this. Hat's off to Tagyn, way to go girl!
                              For those in the know about this kind of stuff, if it is a chronic issue what could it be?

Comment

Working...
                              X