Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits(10-1) vs Misfit Mavs(1-10) @ Baxter Arena

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Tagyn Larson is definitely playing like a first team all-conference player, but it might be hard for her to get that honor. Miller and Guebert are locks, and Selland seems to get more pub than Larson. All four deserve the recognition, but they all likely won't make the first team.
    I really don’t see any way that Larson/Selland make first team. In my eyes, the first team will look like this:

Klabo- UND (POY)
    Miller- SDSU
    Guebert- SDSU
    Duffy- USD
    Nelson- Denver
    Kaufmann- WIU (although may give it to Higginbotham based off preseason hype)

Players in the running for 2nd team:

Larson- SDSU
    Selland- SDSU
    Sjerven- USD
    Arens- USD
    Loven- Denver
    Mayberry- ORU
    Beatty- ORU
    Higginbotham/Kauffman (whoever doesn’t get 1st team)

It’s going to be hard choosing that 2nd team as some good players are going to be left off. I’m afraid Larson may fall just a bit short even though I would rather have her than most of the players on that list.

Comment

Larson's stat line: 27 pts (11-11 fg, 5-5 3pt), 9 reb, 1 ast, 4 blk.... in 23 minutes.

That says everything for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
        Larson's stat line: 27 pts (11-11 fg, 5-5 3pt), 9 reb, 1 ast, 4 blk.... in 23 minutes.

That says everything for itself.
        I knew the NCAA record for FG % was 100% , and knew there was a min # must be taken , but didn't know how many that number was, so I looked it up just awhile ago, that number is min of 14 shots taken. In hindsight, it would of been nice if AJ would of left Tagyn in until she missed a shot. I know we're about what's best for the team and not about individuals acquiring personal accolades, but it would of been fun to see how close she could of got to the record. As close as the team is relationship wise , I'm sure her teammates would have been rooting for her. The game was well in hand, and the only thing negative would have been Tagyn unnecessarily risking injury and also taking development time from younger players. Tagyn probably wouldn't of wanted to do that anyway, so just as well it happened the way it did.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-15-2019, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X