Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:Jackrabbits vs Pioneers @ Magness Arena on Super Bowl Sunday

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    This is SDSU at their best. They’re playing loose and with high energy. Dunks, steals, blocks and threes - it’s been fun to watch. Denver is like a deer in the headlights.
    This is the team that scares folks in March. Hopefully Skyler and Tevin are heating up at just the right time.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

And with that made bucket Mr Daum surpassed some guy named Larry Joe on the NCAA all time scoring list.

Comment

Denver has a young and talented team. Look out for them in coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          This is the team that scares folks in March. Hopefully Skyler and Tevin are heating up at just the right time.
          You’re right about that. Flatten playing at that level turns the Jacks into a machine.When that happens there’s just too many weapons for any team they’ll face before March 21. The Denver announcers said, “we’ve seen all the teams and the Jacks are just at a different level - and it’s not close”. The trick is getting that performance consistently, or at least when it really counts in Sioux Falls.

Back to Frost for next Saturday - another double header. I picked off some of the few remaining reserved tickets (way up in the top row) a week ago. Should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            Flatten has all the talent in the world. He just needs to be aggressive every game in looking for his shot. He too often goes with the flow and disappears for stretches. He obviously didn't do that today.

Comment

Another road win. Solid game by the Jacks. I think Denver has near top of the league talent but not able to put it together this year.

Concerning how our rebounding vanishes with Daum out of the game. His rebounding is so under appreciated with all of the other things he does well.

Enjoy the next month with this extremely fun to watch team. Get out to games and support this team. All in on the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                It does look like a nice section of blue behind the bench, plus scattered along the sideline. Nice.

That’s a sharp looking court too. Hopefully we’ll be upgrading ours with the Frost renovations.
                I was there. I’m guessing it was more than 50% jack fans. Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  I was there. I’m guessing it was more than 50% jack fans. Impressive.
                  Was the reported attendance of 1641 close to your estimate? It seemed more quiet on the radio where I could hear Coach Otz.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Was the reported attendance of 1641 close to your estimate? It seemed more quiet on the radio where I could hear Coach Otz.
                    IMO no way there was that many people there.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRFJo3F_8ic

t
                      E
                      V
                      I
                      N

k
                      I
                      N
                      G
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Denver annoys me. Their fans were obnoxious about how they'd dominate the league when they came in. They're also one of the only schools (maybe the only one) with no relationship with ESPN or ESPN+ so you have to pay to see them. It just feels like they're only halfway part of the league. So I'm perfectly OK with repeated failure in Denver.
                        So much agree with this. As PFW is to Filbert, Denver is to me.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO22Ei_lV1c

Building for the future mean sitting upperclassmen?

Comment

Interesting to see Billups talk about winning the last 8 minutes. Well, his young kids may have outplayed our young kids, but with our starters sitting, it is a stretch to view that as "winning the last 8 minutes".

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              Interesting to see Billups talk about winning the last 8 minutes. Well, his young kids may have outplayed our young kids, but with our starters sitting, it is a stretch to view that as "winning the last 8 minutes".
                              The postgame with Tyler had Coach Otz referring to calling off the charge with the substitutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                We didnt pull all starters until under 3 min. Hard to argue we didn't outplayed down the stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X