Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:Jackrabbits vs Pioneers @ Magness Arena on Super Bowl Sunday

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    We didnt pull all starters until under 3 min. Hard to argue we didn't outplayed down the stretch.
    I vote for Denver wins the last 4 minutes since it was a 20 point game at the 4:15 mark and 23 point game at the 5 minute mark. It is hard to argue that the Jackrabbits had the same intensity for the end of the game. It was still 19 at the 2:15 mark. Billups can rationalize what he wants in the postgame. He still may be the coach for the #9 team in the Summit. I thought the most interesting part was his remarks about looking toward the future which is the best he can do at this point unless he can get the current talent to gel.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      I vote for Denver wins the last 4 minutes since it was a 20 point game at the 4:15 mark and 23 point game at the 5 minute mark. It is hard to argue that the Jackrabbits had the same intensity for the end of the game. It was still 19 at the 2:15 mark. Billups can rationalize what he wants in the postgame. He still may be the coach for the #9 team in the Summit. I thought the most interesting part was his remarks about looking toward the future which is the best he can do at this point unless he can get the current talent to gel.
      Maybe we should go the high school route with Denver and have a B squad game before the main event.

Comment

Bottom line they have some talented young players that are getting valuable playing experience and could be team to reckoned with in the coming years. Would be nice to see some
        of our younger players see the floor for some meaningful minutes rather than just play 7 players who will come into next year with little experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Bottom line they have some talented young players that are getting valuable playing experience and could be team to reckoned with in the coming years. Would be nice to see some
          of our younger players see the floor for some meaningful minutes rather than just play 7 players who will come into next year with little experience.
          That's a tricky thing with college basketball. Play guys to get experience but might lose a game or two along the way. It's hard to grow depth if guys dont get a chance. Even a few minutes a half our bench guys could really use it. Game experience is huge for player development. I feel like next year might be like TJs for year. Some growing pains to figure out whose who and rolls. But it worked out that first year. Orris started. Benched then hits an all time legendary shot in the tourney. Next year we might see guys start then sit and work out the kinks all season.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Was the reported attendance of 1641 close to your estimate? It seemed more quiet on the radio where I could hear Coach Otz.
            Tyler was in the first chair next to the bench, probably explains why you could hear Otz easily

Comment

I'm with you guys about wishing the younger players got more game time. However, I also have been here on the forum long enough to know that this topic (as well as its cousin, the "we don't have enough depth!" theme), come up every year. So far I'd say things have turned out pretty good. We've had two coaches that like 7-8 man rotations when it gets to business time and neither was in a hurry to empty the bench in a blowout. I'm sure we'll be saying the same thing next year at this time.

Also, you know things are going well when all we have to complain about is what happens in garbage-time situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                Tyler was in the first chair next to the bench, probably explains why you could hear Otz easily
                Was your estimate of the crowd near the 1600 in box score? If the split for Jackrabbit vs Pioneer number was near 50/50, the Jackrabbits would need to have 800 present.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Was your estimate of the crowd near the 1600 in box score? If the split for Jackrabbit vs Pioneer number was near 50/50, the Jackrabbits would need to have 800 present.
                  We do have good number alumni in the Denver Area. Back in the NCC days, there always a good crowd in Greely games with UNC. Many were from Denver area. I often planned western Nebraska work around this game and was present. Not always a happy outcome, but a fun trip. With this good of a team, I can see 800 alumni and fans showing up. How many Denver alumni live SD? You probably can count them on your fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    We do have good number alumni in the Denver Area. Back in the NCC days, there always a good crowd in Greely games with UNC. Many were from Denver area. I often planned western Nebraska work around this game and was present. Not always a happy outcome, but a fun trip. With this good of a team, I can see 800 alumni and fans showing up. How many Denver alumni live SD? You probably can count them on your fingers.
                    Kimball Ne is only a couple hours from Denver. Might have been some extra Daum friends and family at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Kimball Ne is only a couple hours from Denver. Might have been some extra Daum friends and family at the game.
                      There was a good contingent of Kimball Nebraskans there.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        Didn't Mike play AAU ball out of Denver too? I would think that there could be a lot of former teammates/teammate families there for his last game at Denver.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I don't think that's too far off. There were a lot of rabbit fans there. Always hard to get a good estimate in an unfamiliar arena though. As for the Daum connections, he was very busy with pictures after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            There was a good contingent of Kimball Nebraskans there.
                            I forgot to take the Kimball factor into account. That plus alumni, easy 800 fans wearing yellow and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              That's a tricky thing with college basketball. Play guys to get experience but might lose a game or two along the way. It's hard to grow depth if guys dont get a chance. Even a few minutes a half our bench guys could really use it. Game experience is huge for player development. I feel like next year might be like TJs first year. Some growing pains to figure out whose who and rolls. But it worked out that first year. Orris started. Benched then hits an all time legendary shot in the tourney. Next year we might see guys start then sit and work out the kinks all season.
                              So another NCAA Tourney appearance? I'll take that!

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

So another NCAA Tourney appearance? I'll take that!
                                Odds are good for it. But a lot can change between now and then.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X