Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Yeah, there just appears to be a number of times where she is playing too fast. The problem with her this year has been massive inconsistency. For example, on 3 point shooting she is currently at around 27%. If you look at her 4 double digit games she is 7-12 (58%) from the 3 point line. In the other 19 games, she is 6-36 (17%). So over half her made 3 pointers have come in just 4 games... Add to that only shooting 58% from the free throw line. Her scoring average has also actually gone down since we've moved into the conference schedule. So she is actually scoring less now that the competition has gotten worse.

Now, I love her athleticism and think she is a solid defender. And she does seem like she is getting more confident attacking the rim and appears to be losing less rebounds/passes off her hands from earlier in the season.

I will admit that maybe I'm still bitter over those missed layups in the Oregon game...
    I like how the offense flows when she is on the court and her ability to move her feet on defense and use her length and tenacity to defend multiple types of players is valuable. Sometime she forces a shot, but if you look at her stats, she shoots much better on the road than at home, especially from the 3 by a lot, and it shows her turnovers per 40 minutes is going down every month of the season and her assists have been going up. That is a good trend IMO. She had multiple games where foul trouble plagued her and sometimes that can be frustrating. Maybe she is just pressing a little on the home court and hopefully her 3 pt shooting will come around.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Yeah, there just appears to be a number of times where she is playing too fast. The problem with her this year has been massive inconsistency. For example, on 3 point shooting she is currently at around 27%. If you look at her 4 double digit games she is 7-12 (58%) from the 3 point line. In the other 19 games, she is 6-36 (17%). So over half her made 3 pointers have come in just 4 games... Add to that only shooting 58% from the free throw line. Her scoring average has also actually gone down since we've moved into the conference schedule. So she is actually scoring less now that the competition has gotten worse.

Now, I love her athleticism and think she is a solid defender. And she does seem like she is getting more confident attacking the rim and appears to be losing less rebounds/passes off her hands from earlier in the season.

I will admit that maybe I'm still bitter over those missed layups in the Oregon game...
      I am a little red arsed too about that game. She cost us that one in all likelihood. That's the way it goes. Let's hope she can get some redemption.

Comment

Speaking of Oregon, if you haven’t looked in a while here’s an update their rankings, as well as a couple other opponents.

Baylor: #1 AP, #2 RPI

Oregon: #3 AP, #4 RPI

Marquette: #8 AP, #8 RPI

Drake: RPI 18

Central Michigan: RPI 21

It’s no wonder the Jacks RPI is currently 28. If I remember right, that’s about exactly where we finished up last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Speaking of Oregon, if you haven’t looked in a while here’s an update their rankings, as well as a couple other opponents.

Baylor: #1 AP, #2 RPI

Oregon: #3 AP, #4 RPI

Marquette: #8 AP, #8 RPI

Drake: RPI 18

Central Michigan: RPI 21

It’s no wonder the Jacks RPI is currently 28. If I remember right, that’s about exactly where we finished up last year.
          Since the time we played Notre Dame in 2015, in the last 4 yrs we have played everyone of this years projected #1 seeds (ESPN) for the upcoming 2019 Women's NCAA Tournament, two of them just this year, as well as two of the #2's, one we defeated last year (NC St), the other we lost to by one point in the sweet 16 game (Stanford,NCAA Tournament 2016). We will play anyone!
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-06-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X