Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    This comes up every few years. While I agree that they dont currently have that "stud" player right now, I can easily see Selland stepping into that role next year with Burchard as her running mate.
    Really, Macy and Myah are the only two players here recently that play like men. Myah is a stud, if she can stay out of foul trouble she is a machine. We will have a great post game. It's the guards I would worry about. RCJ needs to clean up her game, I was hoping to see more out of Lindsay. I think that Sydney Stapleton will be a big part next year and we will enjoy her play. Let's hope a new girl can step right in and contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      Really, Macy and Myah are the only two players here recently that play like men. Myah is a stud, if she can stay out of foul trouble she is a machine. We will have a great post game. It's the guards I would worry about. RCJ needs to clean up her game, I was hoping to see more out of Lindsay. I think that Sydney Stapleton will be a big part next year and we will enjoy her play. Let's hope a new girl can step right in and contribute.
      During the Denver game AJ went with a 3 big lineup with Larson, Selland and Burckhard up front for awhile. Selland would create all kinds of matchup problems playing the 3. Put Irwin at the 2 and teams would have a hard time matching up there as well. Let Cascio-Jenson and Theuninck battle it out at the point.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        During the Denver game AJ went with a 3 big lineup with Larson, Selland and Burckhard up front for awhile. Selland would create all kinds of matchup problems playing the 3. Put Irwin at the 2 and teams would have a hard time matching up there as well. Let Cascio-Jenson and Theuninck battle it out at the point.
        Kallie Theisen is a highly rated recruit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I agree, but with USD only losing A. Arens, we are going to need to figure some chit out in the non-con. The yotes will be a machine.

Comment

I think we're going to see a major step forward for Irwin next year too. She's our most athletic player by far, just needs to get out of her own way sometimes. Losing Macy and especially Madi is going to hurt no doubt, but I think we still win 20 games easily. Just won't have quite the offensive firepower

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Kallie Theisen is a highly rated recruit as well.
              I'm excited to see her. Is she the highest rated recruit we have ever pulled in?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                I think we're going to see a major step forward for Irwin next year too. She's our most athletic player by far, just needs to get out of her own way sometimes. Losing Macy and especially Madi is going to hurt no doubt, but I think we still win 20 games easily. Just won't have quite the offensive firepower
                I was a hater on Irwin earlier on. I agree she has the talent. She needs to clean up the stupid mistakes. Let's hope she has had her sophomore slump and is going to project higher.

Comment

Most years we have at least one true freshman make a big impact on the women’s side. Sometimes it’s a bunch (Ober, Young and Stevens, for example). That’s hard to account for as we ponder who will do what next year. No doubt we’re going to need at least one newcomer to thrive if we are going to be anywhere near the level we’ve become used to.

Comment

I'm excited to see her. Is she the highest rated recruit we have ever pulled in?
                    Waytashek?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'd also like to see the next Miller, Sellend, Burckhard, Palmer, Cornemann, Rotert, Paluch, Eide, Heiser come out of SD. We lost two ,one to Creighton (Emma Ronseik) and one to USD (Morgan Hansen) ,and I don't see too much on the horizon, except for Vlastuin arriving in '21. Next year we have a solid core of proven players in
                      (sr) Larson,
                      (sr) Jensen,
                      (jr) Sellend, (jr) Irwin, (so) Burckhard, (so) Thueninck, and (sr) Bultsma, the rest will develop, some will have to speed it up to provide depth. For the future we have to keep the Minn pipeline going strong ,keep our foot in Neb, Iowa and Wisc. Look for good transfer opportunities, like USD nabbing Sjerven 2 yrs ago.

We have great recruits coming in until 2020-2021. In 2021-2022 we have a big senior class (5) (Rongish redshirted?) out of 13 confirmed roster spots, so in 2022-2023 ,after the seniors graduate, we have, so far, 4 seniors and 4 juniors . Recruiting will be mostly aimed at 2021 and beyond. The next franchise type players for the future are undetermined as of yet, but we should have many strong candidates who can maintain the program and possibly make it stronger. Our state of affairs in a nutshell, I guess, I'm encouraged and eager to see what happens.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-03-2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Waytashek?
                        I think Goon is Right here, I was talking with IowaJack (he doesn't post here often but lurks) and He was saying Megan was a top 100 recruit, which was what I remembered as well.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          I think Goon is Right here, I was talking with IowaJack (he doesn't post here often but lurks) and He was saying Megan was a top 100 recruit, which was what I remembered as well.
                          Yeah I thought she was ranked in the 90s.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Yeah I thought she was ranked in the 90s.
                            #81....lucked out and was able to Google it ,link (Goon,...her grade score was 93) Here is a blog that's pretty much our entire Minn girls basketball recruiting History
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-03-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu_IJXceOhQ

Coach Cussen eternal optimist
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I was a hater on Irwin earlier on. I agree she has the talent. She needs to clean up the stupid mistakes. Let's hope she has had her sophomore slump and is going to project higher.
                                Yeah, there just appears to be a number of times where she is playing too fast. The problem with her this year has been massive inconsistency. For example, on 3 point shooting she is currently at around 27%. If you look at her 4 double digit games she is 7-12 (58%) from the 3 point line. In the other 19 games, she is 6-36 (17%). So over half her made 3 pointers have come in just 4 games... Add to that only shooting 58% from the free throw line. Her scoring average has also actually gone down since we've moved into the conference schedule. So she is actually scoring less now that the competition has gotten worse.

Now, I love her athleticism and think she is a solid defender. And she does seem like she is getting more confident attacking the rim and appears to be losing less rebounds/passes off her hands from earlier in the season.

I will admit that maybe I'm still bitter over those missed layups in the Oregon game...

Comment

Working...
                                X