GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

Misti Cussen enters this game 103-103 in her 7th year at the helm in Tulsa. She spent 16 years as an assistant in Tulsa. The family atmosphere has grown this year as Lee Mayberry became an assistant for the WBB. He has had 3 daughters play at ORU with current player Maya as the third. Lee has played at Arkansas and NBA stops in his younger years as well as an assistant coach at his alma mater Arkansas. This is the 24th meeting of the 2 programs with the Jackrabbits winning the last 12. The game in Brookings was not a pretty game as the teams shot 33% & 35% from the field. The telling stat was 50 rebounds(21 offensive) for the Jackrabbits in the 68-55 victory. The Golden Eagles have a 2 win home streak going after wins over the Bison and Mastodons. I expect the Jackrabbits to extend their own streak to baker's dozen of 13(Ground Hog Day repeat) with an improving cast to help Selland, Miller, and Guebert. Go Jacks!!

ORU network 2pm
    https://portal.stretchinternet.com/oru/
    http://oruathletics.com/sports/wbkb/...90202_uelb.xml
    Last edited by OldHare; 02-02-2019, 12:50 PM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

So far this is a mirror of the Wyoming game. The Jacks showed up half interested and ORU came out firing. The SDSU defense looks like they are playing in the mud and ORU is making them pay by hitting 10 of 17 shots. Very frustrating to watch. They better get invested in this one quick or it will be costly.

ORU up 25-13 after one.

Comment

I’ve been down on Irwin all year, but she hit a couple of clutch 3’s to spark us in the 2nd.

Comment

halftime 33-28 Jacks are up after a 22-3 run in 2nd quarter. Tylee Irwin with 2 3s

Comment

A tale of two quarters - Jacks go on a 18-0 run to go up three at halftime. Thank goodness that the law of averages kicked in. ORU started out 5-7 on threes, but can't buy a bucket now. Jacks have a definite advantage inside. ORU's big post got three fouls in about 5 minutes or less of playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
            I’ve been down on Irwin all year, but she hit a couple of clutch 3’s to spark us in the 2nd.
            I don't think we should be down on her. Tylee had a really nice december but slumped a little in Jan. I think she has a big role to play on this team and she is just a sophomore. Really good upside with her yet.

Comment

Jacks outscore them 24-14 in third and lead 59-42 after 3.

Comment

Jacks seem to have both a size and quickness advantage, which usually isn't the way it works.

Comment

That might be the most misleading final score in Jacks history. Reserves threw the ball away and forgot to guard the three point line. Went from a 20 plus lead to 9 in about a minute and a half.

Comment

I’m very glad to see my little pep talk at the end of the first quarter got the Jacks going. If I’m not mistaken, they immediately went on a 51-17 run. We won’t talk about the way the bench players performed in those last 3 minutes. Yuck.

The tough Denver/ORU trip ends with two more wins. Now just take care is business until the big one at the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      That might be the most misleading final score in Jacks history. Reserves threw the ball away and forgot to guard the three point line. Went from a 20 plus lead to 9 in about a minute and a half.
                      Have to enjoy this season but I’m a little nervous about lack of bench talent going into next year.

Comment

The schedule now turns very favorable for the Jacks. 4 of the last 6 in Frost, and the road games are in Omaha and Fargo.

Comment

That was a rough trip, little rest, started out bitter cold, ended up nice and warm and sunny, nice. Headed down the home stretch. Maintain our present course and we'll be sitting pretty in Sioux Falls. Great to be a Jackrabbit fan!

Comment

Comments from coach Cussen post game....link, also game highlights
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-02-2019, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Have to enjoy this season but I’m a little nervous about lack of bench talent going into next year.
                              This comes up every few years. While I agree that they dont currently have that "stud" player right now, I can easily see Selland stepping into that role next year with Burchard as her running mate.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X