GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

Need to use the entire shot clock - no quick shots.

Comment

We're helping so much on Nzekwesi that we're giving up too many open threes.

Comment

Another weak finish by this team. Lack of effort on defense was disheartening. ORU play by play dude decides to make disparaging comments about Daum at the end.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Announced attendance - 4244. Closer to 424.
          They use the same vendor as USD

Comment

Very good road win. Five players score in double digits. Oral is back to full strength, and the Jacks' lead was at or near 20 briefly in the second half. Oral heated up and the Jacks tightened up near the end, but the outcome never really slipped into doubt. The Jacks are 8-1 and the team to beat in the conference.
            This space for lease.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2pj7Q8Pbhk
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I wish that Otz would go back to taking Mike out right before a few of the media timeouts, especially in games where we have a decent lead. Playing 40 minutes in a tight game isn't a problem, but doing it a lot could have a cumulative effect by the end of the season.

Comment

Any win is a good win on the road. ORU just got healthy and will probably win more games in the second half of the conference season.

The traveling calls on us last night were a bit excessive allowing ORU back in the game. They had a guy who rarely even attempts 3’s make multiple down the stretch. This teams offensive talent can overcome a lot.

Agree with the poster on Daum maybe playing too many minutes. He’s not shooting it well from deep right now and seems to be a little short on a lot of those shots. For this team to take the next step we are going to need him hitting a high percentage from 3.

We are spoiled right now with the very high level of offensively skilled basketball we get to watch every night. Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post

The traveling calls on us last night were a bit excessive allowing ORU back in the game.
                    The travel they called on the pump fake and drive was not a travel. His pivot foot can rotate. Bad call.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      The travel they called on the pump fake and drive was not a travel. His pivot foot can rotate. Bad call.
                      I didn't see but it can't slide or drag it.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That’s a different team than we saw at Frost - thanks to the return of one of the Summit’s better guards in Kearns (16 PFW in 25 min). They have solid potential with him and Nzekwesi back. I’d assume that they’ll be even better when we see them in Sioux Falls.

The comeback made for good TV but was disappointing as a Jacks fan. Still, I don’t think it got closer than 5 pts. One thing I really liked was the balanced scoring. Owen King was one basket away from giving us 6 in double figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          That’s a different team than we saw at Frost - thanks to the return of one of the Summit’s better guards in Kearns (16 PFW in 25 min). They have solid potential with him and Nzekwesi back. I’d assume that they’ll be even better when we see them in Sioux Falls.

The comeback made for good TV but was disappointing as a Jacks fan. Still, I don’t think it got closer than 5 pts. One thing I really liked was the balanced scoring. Owen King was one basket away from giving us 6 in double figures.
                          When you only play 6 that can happen not a lot of other bench guys will be taking any shots so your main 6 guys will get a lot of touches. Either way getting 6 double figure scorers is a good accomplishment.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Mabee Center

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            When you only play 6 that can happen not a lot of other bench guys will be taking any shots so your main 6 guys will get a lot of touches. Either way getting 6 double figure scorers is a good accomplishment.
                            But it doesn’t. I just flipped through the box scores for the entire season and found only one other game where we had 5 or more in double figures (WIU, where we scored 100 in a bench clearing blowout). Daum, Jenkins and Flatten score so much there are rarely enough opportunities for two others to get 10+ points. Last night’s scoring balance was rare and nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              But it doesn’t. I just flipped through the box scores for the entire season and found only one other game where we had 5 or more in double figures (WIU, where we scored 100 in a bench clearing blowout). Daum, Jenkins and Flatten score so much there are rarely enough opportunities for two others to get 10+ points. Last night’s scoring balance was rare and nice to see.
                              What last night tells me is some of the guys who don't score much are capable. We don't see Arians, King, and King score as much because they don't need to (and aren't getting shots like you point out). We will need these guys next year and it's nice to see they are capable of putting the ball in the hoop.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I didn't see but it can't slide or drag it.
                                Right. He didn’t slide or drag it. He rotated it on the ground. The official was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X