GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNO Mavericks @ Frost Arena in the Pork Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNO Mavericks @ Frost Arena in the Pork Classic

Brittany Lange is the head coach of the Mavs and she is in the 6th year with spotty successes. She also has a small connection with the Jackrabbit family. She was a member of the Iowa State Cyclones in 2006-07 and forward for a few years on the coaching staff with Alison Lacey on that same team. Alison, of course, is Mrs. Otzelberger. That could be more interesting than the game with the team who was recently defeated 56-48 at PFW.
    This Mav team is only scoring about 60 points per game. This could be a sub 50 event. Enjoy the pork. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN3
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNO Mavericks @ Frost Arena in the Pork Classic

Jacks playing down to Omaha's level. 23-20 halfway through the 2nd quarter. Should be rolling this team, especially at home.

Comment

1-5 FT, and 2-8 from 3. seems like they want to go 100 mph driving an old jalopy....uncharachteristic I think we underestimate how hard teams will fight, we have to make shots. or we're just fueling the fight in them by giving them more incentive to fight hard by playing sloppy , inefficient basketball. We can do better the 2nd half hopefully. I wonder how far ahead Oregon or Baylor would be ahead playing UNO at home? (Oregon did have problems last time out vs Wash St, only winning by 15, was behind at half by 4) , so I know sluggish games do happen, but UNO is 1-6 in the Summit, to put things in perspective.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-26-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

This UNO team has some talent. Sort of inexplicable how they have as bad a record as they do. I think it boils down to all the youth on their team. I have no idea of how they lost to PFW, although Denver is down to PFW at the half.

Comment

I like aggressive to the hoop Irwin

Comment

Jacks win 3rd qtr. 24-3. Like that AJ kept the starters on the floor for most of the quarter rather than continually subbing after the first couple of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Jacks win 3rd qtr. 24-3. Like that AJ kept the starters on the floor for most of the quarter rather than continually subbing after the first couple of minutes.
              Also made a nice adjustment going to the 3/4 quart trap back into a zone. Took away their pick and roll and abuse our guard with their post offense that was effective in the first half.

Comment

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNO Mavericks @ Frost Arena in the Pork Classic

Both the team and the crowd showed the enthusiasm you’d expect facing a 1-6 team. That exceptional third quarter was more than enough to make this one turn out like everyone in the building expected. Holding them to 3 points was pretty impressive.

Here’s a surprising Summit score: Denver is about to lose to PFW (who at one point we pondered here was the worst team in the country).

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM1w6CyKIBg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtSuG7d-k8A
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                  X