Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs. NDSU Bisssson @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Well you got seven NC’s to talk about. Are Bison moving to FBS? Some fans from Jacksonville State think you should.
    Yes, but this is a basketball thread...fb talk has no business here. I just came to congratulate and leave it at that...I don't need to justify or deflect. Now I might argue that Daum looks like he's starting to get some gray hair...how long has he been playing now? Wasn't he playing prior to 2010?

Comment

So, just to make this clear in my own mind... Richmond's "vision" is to have his best offensive player on the court less than half the time for a 9-12 team that is middle of the pack in the Summit in scoring? I could maybe understand that if Geu was a liability on the defensive end, but based on what I saw last night that certainly isn't the case. Maybe a Bison fan can offer a different take on that. What is the over/under for the minutes Geu would play if he was on our team? I'll set the line at 28.

So, if this is Richmond's "vision" I suspect he needs to change the brand of peyote he is using...

But it is the time of the year when the NDSU faithful relive the glory of their FB team's season and call for the heads of their basketball staffs, so basically a typical year.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        Yes, but this is a basketball thread...fb talk has no business here. I just came to congratulate and leave it at that...I don't need to justify or deflect. Now I might argue that Daum looks like he's starting to get some gray hair...how long has he been playing now? Wasn't he playing prior to 2010?
        Thanks for the congratulations.
        This is Daum's fourth season playing for SDSU. It might seem like more than that because he has always had big games against the Bison. It doesn't hurt matters that he played them 3 times in both his freshman and junior years. SDSU did go 0-2 against the Bison his sophomore season but over the other years SDSU has a 6-1 record against NDSU.

Daum's numbers against NDSU-
        Freshman-
        15 points and 13 rebounds
        20 points and 6 rebounds
        18 points and 9 rebounds
        Sophomore-
        26 points and 7 rebounds
        24 points and 8 rebounds
        Junior-
        19 points and 11 rebounds
        31 points and 13 rebounds
        37 points and 15 rebounds
        Senior-
        30 points and 17 rebounds
        ???

That means he has averaged 24.44 points and 11 rebounds over his career against NDSU.
        He has averaged 29.25 points and 14 rebounds so far over his junior and senior seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          So, just to make this clear in my own mind... Richmond's "vision" is to have his best offensive player on the court less than half the time for a 9-12 team that is middle of the pack in the Summit in scoring? I could maybe understand that if Geu was a liability on the defensive end, but based on what I saw last night that certainly isn't the case. Maybe a Bison fan can offer a different take on that. What is the over/under for the minutes Geu would play if he was on our team? I'll set the line at 28.

So, if this is Richmond's "vision" I suspect he needs to change the brand of peyote he is using...

But it is the time of the year when the NDSU faithful relive the glory of their FB team's season and call for the heads of their basketball staffs, so basically a typical year.
          None of us understand our coach's decisions. Geu's minutes are baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            That’s SDSU basketball at its finest. I thought NDSU might come in with some fire and possibly catch the us snoozing but that was clearly way off. It never gets old seeing the Jacks beat NDSU. The pre-Wolters era featured a lot of painful losses to the Bison but wow have things ever turned around.

Big game Saturday. Omaha winning at PFW tonight is significant. You don’t pull that off and win 6 of your first 7 Summit games by just being lucky. See you at Frost!
            I believe we were 0-4 against NDSU during Nate's first 2 years.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              I believe we were 0-4 against NDSU during Nate's first 2 years.
              You’re probably right, I’m not sure exactly when the tide turned but it sure has. I remember those dark days when we’d have to watch SD’s own Michael Tveidt punish the Jacks - even inside Frost. We were just emerging from the extended hangover of the DI transition and it felt like the wheels may still come off for good. Enjoy nights like last night, order has been restored to the universe!

Comment

It was interesting to see how hard the Jacks doubled down on Geu when he got the ball down low. I can't recall them doing it that much until last night. And it worked pretty well for the most part, causing a few turnovers. Geu had a little spurt during that little run the Bison had late in the first half, but he was held in check for the most part. It was obvious that the Jacks wanted to force him to the perimeter, which is not his strength.

Comment

Watched about 3/4 of the game and thought it was striking the difference in athlete between the two teams. Geu is a player, and think he would be a beast if he got 30+ minutes a game. Other than him and Ward, I don't know if any of the others would get many minutes for the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    Watched about 3/4 of the game and thought it was striking the difference in athlete between the two teams. Geu is a player, and think he would be a beast if he got 30+ minutes a game. Other than him and Ward, I don't know if any of the others would get many minutes for the Jacks.
                    Well, to be fair we only have about 6 players good enough to get many minutes for us either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      Well at NDSU Gue has never played 30 minutes in a game ever. He has only played more than 25 minutes once, Richman does absolutely nothing to help him get more minutes. Our two bigs can't play together in his world, their minutes need to be split evenly.

Some of the young players play well at times but Richman has no rotation and doesn't seem to want to bother developing anyone.

Comment

I wasn't able to watch the game, but looking at the box score, it's a perfect recipe for success for this team. 25-30 for Daum, 20-25 for Jenkins, 12-16 for Flatten, 8-12 for T. King, then around 10-14 points between Arians and the bench. Watching the highlights from the Game reminded me how much I'm going to miss watching Daum play. I'm excited to be there on Saturday and watch the Jacks take over 1st place in the Summit. Let's pack Frost. There aren't that many more games with Daum in an SDSU jersey... enjoy them.

Comment

Well, to be fair we only have about 6 players good enough to get many minutes for us either.
                          This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe TJ doesn't like to play more than 5 or 6 guys but you would think he would go a little deeper if he had some studs on the bench. NDSU doesn't have any seniors so they aren't a much older team than SDSU either.

Comment

Possible, if not true, that Geu would have a tough time playing more minutes?? He is good, but very spindly. Would be interesting to see if he could go 35 minutes in a Summit League game. Anyway, enjoying this year. We have some great young players, but we also lose Daum, T King and Flatten this year...and that will be a heck of a loss. Going to enjoy this year, and then expect to see us do OK, but need some real growth in younger players, to be at the level in the league that we are this year. But that's next year. GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe TJ doesn't like to play more than 5 or 6 guys but you would think he would go a little deeper if he had some studs on the bench. NDSU doesn't have any seniors so they aren't a much older team than SDSU either.
                              NDSU is for certain to have a coaching change next year. That alone brings up uncertainty, athlete turnover, scheme changes and new coaching philosophies.

SDSU will be in much better shape than NDSU next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X