• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bison @ Frost Arena

Put in the Freshman

Comment

Guebert and NDSU tied at twenty after 3 quarters.

Comment

71- 20 after 3. Not bad for a team that can't make layups!

Comment

That has to be one of the most dominant Summit wins of all time. The Jacks have been playing really well lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            That has to be one of the most dominant Summit wins of all time. The Jacks have been playing really well lately.
            One rattled in 3 from holding an opponent to the lowest scoring total in the D1 era. Record is 31 (WIU)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Ironic the coaching staff out numbers the bench of three players. What is going on at NDSU?
              Did you watch the game?

Seriously though, I was going to predict 40+ victory if we came to play but didn't want to be too disrespectful...

Comment

Dominated this game, the Jacks are playing at a high level right now, good to see they are comitted to improving. Holy cow if we get even better, watch out Summit, watch out everyone. Our defense is just suffocating opponents right now. Even our bench was a lot better tonight, very intense and executing much more crisply.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  71- 20 after 3. Not bad for a team that can't make layups!
                  I'll take that hint with much joy right now, who cares about layups…..LOL

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAxTbFCBQiQ

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The real question is: why is NDSU absolutely unable to build a good women's basketball team...and find a good women's basketball coach.

Maren Walseth is in her fourth year (did have some good wins her first year with carryovers) and has won a total of just six conference games the last two years.

Everybody's answer is: they spend all their money on football. But they have had good women's softball, good track and field, but have just floundered in women's basketball every since Amy Ruley was coaching many years ago. You would think the administration would be trying to elevate the program. Tonight, they bring a team with four out-of-USA players, and none of them stood out. ???????

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Everybody's answer is: they spend all their money on football. But they have had good women's softball, good track and field, but have just floundered in women's basketball every since Amy Ruley was coaching many years ago. You would think the administration would be trying to elevate the program. Tonight, they bring a team with four out-of-USA players, and none of them stood out. ???????
                        Our previous administration destroyed the program, most of the blame falls on our women's AD who got way too close to Dehoff and in my opinion didn't want to fire her friend so she coached out her deal. Then she proceded to give a coach in Walseth with no real experience $160k per year for six years, obviously she didn't even step back to think about what happens if this coach flops. I doubt she even asked herself if this coach could recruit our region, it is obvious looking at the roster she can't which is why there is an influx of international players. In region we are losing recruiting battles to MSU-Moorhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
                          Did you watch the game?

Seriously though, I was going to predict 40+ victory if we came to play but didn't want to be too disrespectful...
                          A few minutes, that was enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            Our previous administration destroyed the program, most of the blame falls on our women's AD who got way too close to Dehoff and in my opinion didn't want to fire her friend so she coached out her deal. Then she proceded to give a coach in Walseth with no real experience $160k per year for six years, obviously she didn't even step back to think about what happens if this coach flops. I doubt she even asked herself if this coach could recruit our region, it is obvious looking at the roster she can't which is why there is an influx of international players. In region we are losing recruiting battles to MSU-Moorhead.
                            Thanks for the info. I didn't realize she was on a six year deal. I was quite surprised she was retained after last year's disaster but now this explains it. Potentially 2 more years after this? Thanks Lynn Dorn!

I feel the same way about how on earth we retained our volleyball coach as her current 3 year deal runs out at the end of this year. I'm quite baffled we didn't fire her as soon as the season was over. Her 3 years here have produced this:

2016: 5-23
                            2017: 2-25
                            2018: 6-23
                            Combined: 13-71 (15.48 win %)

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Thanks for the info. I didn't realize she was on a six year deal. I was quite surprised she was retained after last year's disaster but now this explains it. Potentially 2 more years after this? Thanks Lynn Dorn!

I feel the same way about how on earth we retained our volleyball coach as her current 3 year deal runs out at the end of this year. I'm quite baffled we didn't fire her as soon as the season was over. Her 3 years here have produced this:

2016: 5-23
                              2017: 2-25
                              2018: 6-23
                              Combined: 13-71 (15.48 win %)
                              Did she sign another deal?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Did she sign another deal?
                                Not that I'm aware of and not one that has been publicly announced. You'd think it would have been announced when AJ, Stig and TJ all got their extensions had they given her another deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X