GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bison @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bison @ Frost Arena

The Bison get a break from the cold as they travel south to Brookings. The Bison are 1-6 on the road this season with the only road win at Valpo. The Bison may beginning to gel. The post Dietz who is a 6'2" sophomore may becoming more comfortable. Nudell and Spencer are the juniors in the starting lineup along with senior Fernandez. The rest of the roster are sophomore or freshmen. The Bison have been playing the bench more lately as they have won the last 2 home games which is a vast improvement from other years. They showed good determination in the rivalry game against UND while shooting 47%. The Jackrabbits still have a chance to hold this team to 50+ points and coast to a win at home. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Bison @ Frost Arena

One impact player for the Bison this year is true freshman, Sam Griesel. The 6'6" guard/forward from Lincoln, NE was in the starting rotation at the beginning of the season and brings tons of flexibility for them. Sam is a similar player to what Reed Tellinghuisen was for the Jacks for four years. Griesel really is a guard with excellent length. Watched him play several times in high school and the kid has all of the fundamentals. Since he's returned to the starting lineup after a knee injury, they've beaten both Western Illinois and UND with the loss at Denver. In his last game against UND, he had 9 points and 11 rebounds. With him in the starting lineup they go 5'11", 6'3", 6'6", 6'6" and 6'10". Tyree Eady, a 6'5" RS freshman, started in Griesel's slot during his injury hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      One impact player for the Bison this year is true freshman, Sam Griesel. The 6'6" guard/forward from Lincoln, NE was in the starting rotation at the beginning of the season and brings tons of flexibility for them. Sam is a similar player to what Reed Tellinghuisen was for the Jacks for four years. Griesel really is a guard with excellent length. Watched him play several times in high school and the kid has all of the fundamentals. Since he's returned to the starting lineup after a knee injury, they've beaten both Western Illinois and UND with the loss at Denver. In his last game against UND, he had 9 points and 11 rebounds. With him in the starting lineup they go 5'11", 6'3", 6'6", 6'6" and 6'10". Tyree Eady, a 6'5" RS freshman, started in Griesel's slot during his injury hiatus.
      I'm reading this going "how in the crapballs are NDSU's women so bad, when they're so tall?!"

(You posted in the wrong thread gopher!)
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        That's an awfully tall women's team!

Comment

A good night from our women might beat a bad night from their men anyway.

NDSU is performing better than I expected so far and they’re definitely going to be motivated in the nothing-to-lose game. I hope we hammer them in the first quarter like we did with UND.

The Jacks RPI currently stands at 26 as we keep getting help from the likes of C. Michigan, Drake, and the two top-10 schools. The Marquette and Buffalo losses are not doing much damage either as they only have 7 losses between the two of them. Now just keep it rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            I'm reading this going "how in the crapballs are NDSU's women so bad, when they're so tall?!"

(You posted in the wrong thread gopher!)
            Well I feel really silly now!

Comment

If we come with intensity, Jacks by 30+. If we don't, Jacks by 20. They are not good. Them having a couple wins kind of shows the state of our conference

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                A good night from our women might beat a bad night from their men anyway.

NDSU is performing better than I expected so far and theyÂ’re definitely going to be motivated in the nothing-to-lose game. I hope we hammer them in the first quarter like we did with UND.

The Jacks RPI currently stands at 26 as we keep getting help from the likes of C. Michigan, Drake, and the two top-10 schools. The Marquette and Buffalo losses are not doing much damage either as they only have 7 losses between the two of them. Now just keep it rolling.
                Actually it might be three top-10 schools. Marquette (#10) is up there now with Baylor (#2) and Oregon(# 5).
                There are a lot of teams that have 3-5 losses. Buffalo (12-4), Central Michigan (13-4), Drake (13-4), Wyoming (9-5), USD (17-3) and Marquette (16-3) all have great records. The Wyoming loss is the one that still bugs me. I still think SDSU didn't come to play that day.

NDSU might be better than last year but this season is just like last years season to me. It's SDSU/USD and then the rest. We will see how SDSU stacks up January 31st and February 2nd. They play @Devnver and @ ORU. USD lost @Denver and won @ORU by 4 points but USD had 3 days off before they played both of those games while SDSU has both of those games on a single road trip.

Comment

I've purposely avoided being critical of our poor performance at missing easy layups, first chance in this game to make one and we miss it, we don't seem to get any better, as it should be a 90+ % shot and we are ,far, far under that.I thought we'd work our way out of this, but still waiting.Instead of putting another nail in the coffin, we are not putting one in far too often. Is it just lack of focus, or are we just that poor at hitting layups, maybe going full speed in games vs 3/4 speed in practice the difference? Kind of bewildering at times.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-23-2019, 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

In the time I posted my last post, we are up 23-8 (yes I'm that slow typing), so I guess I'm just a little too much a perfectionist and the issue seems to pretty irrelevant most of our games , despite it being a challenge for the team.I'll just relax and enjoy what we do well , and not dwell on the little things we might need improvement on.

Comment

Same old Jacks vs Bison in WBB. Thumped ‘em good on both ends of the floor in that first quarter.

26-10 in spite of those two missed layups. I expect we’ll see coast-mode a lot of the rest of the game like we did against UND the other night. I’d love to see them keep the hammer down though.

Comment

Finally found a team that Bultsma matches up against.

Comment

Ironic the coaching staff out numbers the bench of three players. What is going on at NDSU?

Comment

Guebert's on fire.

Comment

71-20.

Comment

Working...
                              X